It’s time for some Margaritas, NCL Bliss Mexican Riviera LIVE review, October 24th 2021

aubreyc1988

Love reading this so far.  We're doing the Bliss on this itinerary in January so it's a great preview.

IF you have a chance to ask someone, could you find out if the ship is remaining at the low capacity for the time being, or are they increasing it over time?  Just wondering (hoping) if we'll still be around 60% in January, or if we'll have a full ship.

2 hours ago, kpjb said:

IF you have a chance to ask someone, could you find out if the ship is remaining at the low capacity for the time being, or are they increasing it over time?  Just wondering (hoping) if we'll still be around 60% in January, or if we'll have a full ship.

Spoke to our NCL contact today. Sounds like our sailing on Dec 5th is still at just over 50% booked.

• Like 4

We are on the one right after yours. Dec 12.  Hope capacity at that time is still at 60% or less levels, understand that is not all that great for NCL, but fun for the rest of us!   Either way, excited to board that beautiful ship and sail away.   Enjoy your cruise everyone. 

• Like 1

We’re on the 5 Dec cruise and loving this review so far.

Could you please talk a little more about the embarkation process with testing?  We’re going to try for vibe passes and the tried-and-true method of just arriving early to get a low boarding number doesn’t seem relevant anymore. 
thanks, enjoy your cruise!

8 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Dinner was just ok, the mashed potato croquettes were good but my pork belly was pretty tough in Taste. 

Illusionist was good, not the best I’ve seen but not the worst, was fun! 

When we don’t like the entrées offered on the daily menu we always fall back on the Herb-crusted rotisserie chicken on the classic menu.

• Like 2

That excursion looks fantastic!

If you get a chance, would love to see a pic of the list of excursions that were available to book onboard. Considering a last-minute booking, but guessing that much like Alaska, the availability of excursions might be more limited than normal times.

1 hour ago, OrcaGirl said:

That excursion looks fantastic!

If you get a chance, would love to see a pic of the list of excursions that were available to book onboard. Considering a last-minute booking, but guessing that much like Alaska, the availability of excursions might be more limited than normal times.

There wasn’t any new excursions that were added on the ship vs what was available onboard, at least to me knowledge. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

There wasn’t any new excursions that were added on the ship vs what was available onboard, at least to me knowledge. 

No, I mean usually early in the cruise the steward leaves a flyer in your cabin from the Shore Excursions desk that lists what ship excursions still have availability for your sailing, e.g. if you didn't book in advance.

I've looked at the master list of NCL shore excursions available for the Mexican Riviera ports and so many of them look AMAZING but (as with our sailing on the Encore to Alaska earlier this month) I wouldn't be surprised if all of them weren't actually on offer due to COVID-related logistics or if the coolest ones got snapped up fast. So I'm just curious what might be available for last-minute bookers... 😉

3 hours ago, OrcaGirl said:

No, I mean usually early in the cruise the steward leaves a flyer in your cabin from the Shore Excursions desk that lists what ship excursions still have availability for your sailing, e.g. if you didn't book in advance.

I've looked at the master list of NCL shore excursions available for the Mexican Riviera ports and so many of them look AMAZING but (as with our sailing on the Encore to Alaska earlier this month) I wouldn't be surprised if all of them weren't actually on offer due to COVID-related logistics or if the coolest ones got snapped up fast. So I'm just curious what might be available for last-minute bookers... 😉

I’ll look to see if I still have that paper! I do remember hearing the excursion staff saying most stuff was sold out on day 1

• Like 2

8 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

YELAPA & MAJAHUITAS With NCL, was like 109.00 pp before the 50.00 per port discount so like 88.00 pp

Ah I was hoping it was the catamaran to stone island.  We're booked on that I. 2 weeks.  Glad to hear yours was fun.  Didn't see it available on our cruise.

Thanks again for all the updates!