It’s time for some Margaritas, NCL Bliss Mexican Riviera LIVE review, October 24th 2021

aubreyc1988

57 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

image_123986672.thumb.JPG.d3df05f45dee359153957b36f9763a02.JPG

and here is the picture i showed...so I actually was going for slightly shorter in the back and longer in the front. Aw well, it is hair, it grows back...I got a drink and life goes on.

How on earth would anyone see this picture and give you the cut that you got?  I applaud  your good attitude and appreciate you taking one for the team.  My hair is similar and haven't had a proper haircut in 2 years (I've been cutting it myself).  I was considering scheduling a cut when I'm on the Getaway in December, but I think now I'll just stick with Salon de Missnd.

20 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

This was going to be the look today, But it’s freezing so I’m going to have to go grab a hoodie C6A9E634-05AB-4E62-AB8F-2B33976764CF.thumb.jpeg.b8b77b824b5c2ab5c33cdb85f89dd79e.jpegEE59E178-7B37-42F0-970E-A7F936C61DDE.thumb.jpeg.1901518b80f37057f6d042520f0cca57.jpeg

Yes, sea days going down to Mexico can be chilly this time of year as they mirror California coastal weather, and we're expecting a big storm today.  (Love the rain & we sure need it!)  I know it will be even colder when we sail in December so I'm bringing my leather jacket.  It should be beautiful weather, though, when you get to the Mexican Riviera.  Sorry about your haircut, but you have great hair!  Loving all of the photos.

28 minutes ago, NikiPinkston said:

Yes, sea days going down to Mexico can be chilly this time of year as they mirror California coastal weather, and we're expecting a big storm today.  (Love the rain & we sure need it!)  I know it will be even colder when we sail in December so I'm bringing my leather jacket.  It should be beautiful weather, though, when you get to the Mexican Riviera.  Sorry about your haircut, but you have great hair!  Loving all of the photos.

Amazing, at the moment, it is colder here in the District of Columbia suburbs (Maryland), than it is in San Diego, although we started out colder (58), Cold is all relative, as I've visited Minnesota at Christmas for many years.

Bon voyage, all. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Hair update - much better. We had to go a little shorter than originally wanted but it’s much better and closer to what I wanted 458CF8D0-71AD-4EA3-97D3-8D268CE0330E.thumb.jpeg.1a8caccdd6d1a634dd9465330f952df1.jpegFC837FDC-86B6-437D-BA14-22BF0E899C80.thumb.jpeg.c770a0c31859a14b3939d04d3c80000f.jpeg

I'm hardly an expert on women's hairstyles, but I know what looks good, and THAT looks good!

I'm finding this thread enormously entertaining. Please keep adding updates.

Thanks.

Jim

• Like 3

Eating in taste for lunch, going to get hummus and pepperonata, St. Louis bbq pork, and molten lava cake. Then I’ll head over to Starbucks for a double shot of espresso and do a coffee nap (Google it for those who don’t know) 

71DCB843-E318-404A-BF57-ADDF9351059B.jpeg

• Like 5

I thought your hair looked good all 3 ways, but definitely not what you asked for. 

I will never go to salon again on a ship. went for a mani/pedi and they hurt me thru the entire thing, was surprised i didn't get an infection.  and then asked what color I wanted, i said red, they didn't have red! Only a sickly pink, and a orange! And price  was ridiculous. 

Edited by drumming cruisers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

I thought your hair looked good all 3 ways, but definitely not what you asked for. 

I will never go to salon again on a ship. went for a mani/pedi and they hurt me thru the entire thing, was surprised i didn't get an infection.  and then asked what color I wanted, i said red, they didn't have red! Only a sickly pink, and a orange! And price  was ridiculous. 

Haha yeah I won’t be returning, learned my lesson haha 

2 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Day one

My NCL app isn’t working

Thank you!  I feel like I'm vicariously along (almost.)

I've copied and pasted to my roll call for those not following this.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 3

We are sailing this on Dec 5th. Can't wait to follow you this upcoming week!

Please let us know what the show times are for SIX if you get the time between margaritas. 

Please also let us know how the upgraded internet works? I may have to do a little work while were sailing and worried I might not be able to communicate through zoom.

8 hours ago, aubreyc1988 said:

Aw well, it is hair, it grows back...I got a drink and life goes on. 

You have an amazing attitude! I don't think I would be so positive after an expensive cruise cut gone wrong. Alcohol does make it better, I suppose.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 7:25 AM, aubreyc1988 said:

•    I have never done a Mexican Riviera cruise before. Our excursions are as follows: Yelapa & Majahuitas through NCL in Puerto Vallarta, Stone Island Tour thru Mazatlán Tours in Mazatlán, and we are winging it in Cabo (probably just take the tender, walk around, see what strikes us. 

I have sailed the Mexican Riviera several times, and have also been to Cabo several times on land-based trips.  Our favorite thing to do there is hand out at The Office.  It's a beach-front bar that serves yummy margaritas, nachos and lots of other yummy stuff.  It's completely under shade umbrellas, so it's a great way to cool off.  Sometimes the surf even washes up to your feet! 

Then we just play in the water until it's time to head back to the ship.  Fun day!

You can walk there (pretty long, hot walk) or take a taxi for not too much money.  There are also other beach-front hotels right in the same area that sell day passes, but for an inexpensive beach day, we just have our treats at The Office and then sit on the beach that's right there.

On 10/23/2021 at 8:10 PM, aubreyc1988 said:

Yes, I’m going to get my hair cut on the cruise. I’ve never gotten my hair cut on cruise ship before and YOLO, I’m doing it! I’m an adult with adult money to spend as I see fit 😂 I would normally get my hair cut and dyed in a salon visit but I didn’t want to have to worry about getting any residual hair dye on cruise ship towels so I’ll get my hair dyed at home. I will post some before and after pictures tho 

so excited!!!  

I got my hair cut on my last cruise, just a couple of months before Covid shut down cruising.  It was awesome!  He did a great job, and he blew it dry and curled it so it looked great for evening activities!  It didn't cost much more than what I pay on land.

• Like 1