Change in Entry Requirements for Netherlands

mhb1757

As of today the Dutch government has removed the US from its list of Very High Risk countries so fully vaccinated travelers arriving from the US no longer need proof of a negative Covid test within 48 hours of flight. That’s one less thing to do before departure! 

However if you are traveling with Viking they still require a Covid test within 72 hours of your flight OR if you are arranging your own air and/or traveling independently pre cruise the test must be within 72 hours of boarding the ship. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, hoosier2017 said:

We have a trip in two weeks and the updated Amawaterways site says test is still required but no quarantine.   

If you look at the Dutch government website it says as of 9 AM on 10/22 testing is no longer required for entry. It is possible AMA has not updated their site yet. Not sure what requirements AMA will have but the Netherlands no longer requires it. 

Thanks for the update, as we're heading to Amsterdam in 2 weeks.

But if Viking still require a neg PCR test before boarding by then, we'll still need to take the test before our flight over. 

Don't want to get to Amsterdam & very slim chance of positive test before boarding...

Darn it!!!  I cancelled my cruise out of Amsterdam a few wks. ago.  I feel like I never make the right decisions.  

@mhb1757, do you know if the Netherlands is still requiring the pass to enter restaurants, museums, etc.?

1 hour ago, Roz said:

Darn it!!!  I cancelled my cruise out of Amsterdam a few wks. ago.  I feel like I never make the right decisions.  

@mhb1757, do you know if the Netherlands is still requiring the pass to enter restaurants, museums, etc.?

I would have made the decision you did at that time. You may be able to switch back if you want.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roz said:

Apparently from recent reports some places do require a Covid pass. Mostly places with indoor dining. Only 1 of the museums we will be visiting wanted it. From reports, many places that check the codes will accept your CDC card. Covid QR code’s from any EU country are accepted so we went ahead and got a Swiss QR code/ certificate. Not sure we will need it but it was easy to apply on line, free and we got the code the same day we applied so a pretty painless process. 
We will arrive in the Netherlands on Wednesday next week and I’ll be happy to post follow up info as we travel. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/23/2021 at 8:57 PM, Jareen said:

We just returned from Amsterdam Wednesday (BUD to AMS).  We always kept our vaccine cards with us but in Amsterdam no one asked for it, no masks in sight outdoor or indoor.  

Awesome. Thanks so much for posting. 

• Like 1

Is anyone having difficulty filling out the Swiss Covid certificate that Viking is requiring? I can get info filled out but when downloading the passport, vaccine card and proof of stay in Switzerland it gets locked up before all 3 documents uploaded. And the problem is randomly with a different document. I’ve tried using a laptop and uploading the scanned individual files of the required documents. I’ve also tried doing it all on my iPhone and taking  individual pictures of documents. 
Both ways times out on me and icon just keeps spinning….

Any ideas or hoping maybe just a temporary glitch in system….