ISP zipline on your own?

petuniaflower

1 hour ago, petuniaflower said:

Is it possible/good idea to book this on your own?  I cant seem to find pricing, site seems to suggest to book thru your cruise, but almost $200 seems insane for 90 seconds?  Has anyone done this on their own that can share price and to get there?  Thx!

More than likely you can only book through your cruiseline...We had no option...Members of our extended family thought it was worth it...of course I was the one treating them to what they still talk about years later....Memories=Priceless to me.

I was at ISP early Oct 2021 and our zipline excursion had been cancelled (and I was secretly relieved LOL), but while walking around the Cannery area, I did see a small building that appeared to be there to sell tickets to various excursions. The whole area is a tribal corporation, so it's not like you will find any independent tours. Even though its stated that the zipline excursion is only available through your cruise line, it appears that they are willing to sell some unadvertised walk-up tickets. 

FYI- the zipline ends right back at the Cannery area, and while it wasn't in operation when I was there, you would be able to watch folks glide in at the end of their descent.

5 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

I was at ISP early Oct 2021 and our zipline excursion had been cancelled (and I was secretly relieved LOL), but while walking around the Cannery area, I did see a small building that appeared to be there to sell tickets to various excursions. The whole area is a tribal corporation, so it's not like you will find any independent tours. Even though its stated that the zipline excursion is only available through your cruise line, it appears that they are willing to sell some unadvertised walk-up tickets. 

FYI- the zipline ends right back at the Cannery area, and while it wasn't in operation when I was there, you would be able to watch folks glide in at the end of their descent.

Correct...There was an area right next to where the zipline ends that I could watch my family coming down and they landed just a few feet from me....Great pictures and of course they'll try to sell you theirs...but mine turned out perfect.

On 10/22/2021 at 5:32 PM, petuniaflower said:

but almost $200 seems insane for 90 seconds?  

That is excessive.  Four years ago it was $140 through NCL and even that was excessive, IMO.  It's something you do to say you did it.  Someone's got to pay for the continued ISP development.  I'd have preferred to spend that money on a multi-zip/ropes course option.  I believe other stuff will open on the mountain in 2022 so maybe that will add some value as opposed to a school bus up and a zip down.

Edited by SomewhereGirl

On 10/22/2021 at 7:32 PM, petuniaflower said:

Is it possible/good idea to book this on your own?  I cant seem to find pricing, site seems to suggest to book thru your cruise, but almost $200 seems insane for 90 seconds?  Has anyone done this on their own that can share price and to get there?  Thx!

From my research on this subject a few years ago:  If there are any available slots remaining, they will be sold on site.  What typically happens is that the slots sell out in advance of the date you will be in port.   They are pricey, but my family members who did the excursion certainly enjoyed themselves immensely.