Gratuities on Fantasy

Howasaur

1 hour ago, Howasaur said:

Planning a 7 day trip I was wondering what is the standard cost for each of us per day in a verandah room.

Daily suggested gratuities are 

Dining room server - $4.50 per guest per night
Assistant server - $3.50 per guest per night
Head server - $1.00 per guest per night
Room host - $4.50 per guest per night

Total of $13.50 for each person in a room.  For 7 nights $94.50 each.

Edited by Shmoo here

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious.....what does the head server actually do for you?

I'm going on  a 4 night cruise, so $8 for dh and I isn't going to break us. Now, we typically give an additional tip for our stateroom host or hostess, as well as server, assistant server and the server who brings us our drinks at dinner (and the cruise where my wine choice arrived a few moments after we did and my after dinner port after dinner, we tipped really well!). Also since we tend to find a bar we like and get to know that same server, we give them an envelope at the end.

I say all this to let you know I'm not cheap, just confused. What does the head server do for us?

Thanks!

The Head Server comes over and says hi and asks if there are any issues.

I left the default tips on, but made sure to give my regular waiter and assistant waiter a bit extra (and yes, they deserved it). I saw no reason to increase the tip for the head waiter. 

19 hours ago, PandaBear62 said:

Just curious.....what does the head server actually do for you?

As noted, the head server will check to see if you have issues that need to be addressed.  He/she will also make sure things keep moving in his/her portion of the dining room, during service, and pitch in when needed.

The head server is also the one who will handle any problems you may have with your main & assistant servers.

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, RaeRaeM4 said:

What if you pre-pay your gratuities? Is it expected to leave extra?

Who knows what the crew is expecting.  We certainly do leave extra based on the service we've received.  On our last Fantasy cruise we doubled the tips for the Server, Assistant Server and Stateroom Host (I had also tipped the Stateroom Host $20 at the beginning of the week when I made special requests for ice and some other things) and just a little more for the Head Server, since the interaction with the Head Server is much less than the rest.

I have had occasion where the service was just okay where I didn't leave extra as well.  It all depends, which is the whole point of tipping in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, RainyDaysAndMondays said:

I’m guessing the Palo servers different from your regular servers. How is that tip distribution handled?

VW

The upcharge used to include the gratuities at Palo.  Not a very big gratuity, but still included.  I believe that has changed.  Tipping at Palo is entirely at your discretion.  You can include a tip on the final charge slip you sign after eating, or do cash.