NEW TESTING REQUIREMENTS?!?!?!

Dwright826

• Presenting a negative PCR COVID-19 test at check-in, taken between 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday through Friday, but not on the morning of embarkation). Unvaccinated guests must take an additional antigen test at embarkation, and test again within 24 hours of debarkation on all cruises longer than 4 days. A US$150 per person charge will be assessed to the guest’s onboard Sail and Sign account to cover the cost of testing, reporting and health and safety screenings. Children under two are exempt from testing requirements

This was posted today. But I can't find it on carnivals website.

2 hours ago, surfergirl15 said:

I read the following from the Carnival website today:

• Presenting a negative PCR COVID-19 test at check-in, taken between 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday through Friday, but not on the morning of embarkation). Unvaccinated guests must take an additional antigen test at embarkation, and test again within 24 hours of debarkation on all cruises longer than 4 days. A US$150 per person charge will be assessed to the guest’s onboard Sail and Sign account to cover the cost of testing, reporting and health and safety screenings. Children under two are exempt from testing requirements.

4 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

In re-reading the information I do have to ask...why do the unvaccinated get 24 extra hours to test before departure?

Because they have to have a PCR test that can take a longer period of time to process. Some reported theirs took 48 hours or more.

I don’t know why, other than they also have to test at embarkation, and again 24 hours prior to debarkation. They also have to pay an additional $150 for the testing. If you go to the link above, it explains all the things unvaccinated guests have to do.

Edited by Bostwick girl
Correction

7 hours ago, Dwright826 said:
  • Presenting a negative PCR COVID-19 test at check-in, taken between 72 and 24 hours prior to the sailing date (for example, if the sailing is on Saturday, the test may be taken any time from Wednesday through Friday, but not on the morning of embarkation). Unvaccinated guests must take an additional antigen test at embarkation, and test again within 24 hours of debarkation on all cruises longer than 4 days. A US$150 per person charge will be assessed to the guest’s onboard Sail and Sign account to cover the cost of testing, reporting and health and safety screenings. Children under two are exempt from testing requirements

This was posted today. But I can't find it on carnivals website.

This is not new... this has been the protocol for unvaccinated guests for several months now. 

In the section “ Unvaccinated guest exemptions to vaccine standards”, the second sentence paragraph says this relates to you “vaccine exemptions”. I do not think this applies to any unvaccinated people. 
 Here’s a screenshot of the same answer in the frequently asked questions section. 

B7B3C914-F624-44CE-850F-8714C3C9E512.png

13 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

In re-reading the information I do have to ask...why do the unvaccinated get 24 extra hours to test before departure?

Because they are required to take a PCR test which takes longer to get results.

• Like 1