Ship tips on a diet

WindinmySails

I have been on a diet, 1500 calories a day and it has been pretty easy for me to stick to, however, I have a cruise coming up in November, the day after Thanksgiving.

My question is how do you make good choices with all those amazing choices of food on the ship.  How do you keep the calorie count down?  I would really appreciate some tips from you!

I am going to be doing the same thing.

My plan will be to exercise a little more so that I will have 2,000 calories a day to spend.....I  don't expect to lose. But hope not to gain.

I usually have veggie egg white omlettes,  oatmeal sans extras, or small bagel with salmon for breakfast.  Salad for lunch.  And limit my breads, starches, and sauces at supper.

I don't usually do dessert, but will have soft serves every day.  And I keep the drinks under control.

It take some work, but is possible.

Congrats on getting back on a cruise!! I usually only gain a little. I only use the stairs, walk A LOT, water between other beverages (wine / latte / tea), just 1 dessert, not obligated to have all 5 courses, and dropped out of the clean plate club. That plus booking active excursions does it for me 

Beware of stairs - last time on big cruise ship felt I was in good shape had been walking 8-10 miles a day.  Began cruise using stairs  2-4 flights middle of second day my knees said NO I couldn’t  do stairs at all not even slowly.   —— five years later  going on a small cruise ship with no elevator in February starting stair training no very slowly.