Caribbean ports entry requirements

mcc

Thinking of booking a late deal Caribbean cruise but cannot find information as to which ports you can go ashore independently and which ports require Covid tests. I am looking at Tortola, Martinique and Guadeloupe in particular as well as Barbados where we would overnight. The cruise line shows most of the ports as to be advised. I don’t want to end up spending the whole time on the ship due to regulations nor the prospect of not being able to dock at some of the scheduled ports of call and ending up with extra days at sea.

1 hour ago, mcc said:

Thinking of booking a late deal Caribbean cruise but cannot find information as to which ports you can go ashore independently and which ports require Covid tests. I am looking at Tortola, Martinique and Guadeloupe in particular as well as Barbados where we would overnight. The cruise line shows most of the ports as to be advised. I don’t want to end up spending the whole time on the ship due to regulations nor the prospect of not being able to dock at some of the scheduled ports of call and ending up with extra days at sea.

Since there are boards for each of those ports I think your best chance of getting answers lies in posting your question on each those boards rather than here, which is a board intended for discussion of Caribbean islands not covered in any of the other boards.

As I research Caribbean islands most seem to require recent PCR testing, which would necessitate quite a few expensive onboard tests on our December 14-day cruise out of Barbados to nearby islands.  Has anyone experienced whether PCR is required on a port stop same as it is for arriving by air (govt pages don’t specify)?  And if so do bubble tours still require a PCR test as well or do they get around that requirement?

49 minutes ago, kitkat66 said:

As I research Caribbean islands most seem to require recent PCR testing, which would necessitate quite a few expensive onboard tests on our December 14-day cruise out of Barbados to nearby islands.  Has anyone experienced whether PCR is required on a port stop same as it is for arriving by air (govt pages don’t specify)?  And if so do bubble tours still require a PCR test as well or do they get around that requirement?

As I said in my response to the OP, you need to post your question on the boards for the specific countries you'll be visiting. No one could possibly answer your question without your naming the ports of call and cruise line as each country has its own rules and different cruise lines can have different protocols in addition to the ports' requirements. You might also want to post on your cruise line's board as others on the same ship may have already have gotten the answers.