11-4-21 Thursday Weigh-In---It's November Already?

Belle

Two months left of the year

We still can have more loss's here

Just because many Holidays in this time frame

Doesn't mean we have to have a gain

Pumpkin pie. turkey, potatoes and candy cane

Eat small portions and not have a gain

Hope everyone had a good weigh-in day

Guess what you get to do it again next Thursday

Tips or ideas to lose, everyone say something that would help you or others to lose.

Better to have some healthy snack on hand to grab when your hungry and

you don't have leftovers and it's going to take you awhile to fix something to eat.

Maintaining.   Having problems sticking with the no candy — slipping into habit of — just one more piece which leads to another etc.  It is truly an addiction. 

excited — cruise out of Galveston. Next week.  Nothing special.  Have dog park friends house/dog sitting while I’m gone.  Anxious to see how it goes- hopeful they will be very comfortable and willing to continue —- it would be awesome to not have to worry about Jazzper.   I’m insisting on paying them they’re too attached to their dog  for me to reciprocate.  Hopefully we will make them rich.  Another dog park friend who lives nearby leaves  for her cruise the day I return .  So sitters going to her house.  We’re paying the same. 

Good Morning all - I never did eat any Halloween candy which is surprising!!!  I am down 0.8# this week - which is what I was up last week.  I'm hoping I can keep losing a little each week.

I met with my trainer - between being sick and  being away this was the first time that I have seen her since October 4th - have never gone that long since she became my trainer in 2006 --- now she is away on a cruise!

We will be boarding Molly at the kennels when we go on our cruise - my DD and family had been staying at the house when we left in the past - but, with a 4 month old it isn't going to work out.  The kennel is where she did her puppy training and where she went for day care for the first 5 years.  They are very good with her.  I still wish that I could find someone to watch the house and her.

I need to start doing more walking ... that probably would be my biggest help for losing --  Hope everyone has a wonderful week!  Jan

16 hours ago, Belle said:

Tips or ideas to lose, everyone say something that would help you....

I'm interested to know what works for people, being frustrated in my efforts.

Measuring, calculating, Weight Watcher type plans are too much work. Atkins, too restrictive. Intermittent Fasting, very slow and hard to stay with. Now on low carb plus extra excercise. Thanks!

I posted this hours ago but it was lost:

I'm only up 1/2" which is surprising given car & Halloween 

Izena are you packing yet??

Belle I have containers set aside 

Adding:

Jan, I need to walk for both weight loss / maintenance and my mental health. 2020 was hard!! That's why I couldn't lose much last year. 

Mtnesterz, I need to keep moving. I'm often wrong so might be wrong here too. But for me its not just less calories (less food isn't happening) it's also moving more. And more difficult walks (faster and some inclines .... not great on inclines)

• Like 1

Good Friday morning.

has been rough this week — menopause type mood swings and weepy/feeling sorry for myself.  I swear it’s menopause caused by dropping so much fat which stores estrogen.   Trying to isolate so don’t piss off friends.

mtn - what worked for me this year was

1. Counting every calorie and staying around 900 calories — have a slow metabolism and resting heart rate around 50.

2. Not bringing sweets high carb foods into the house.

3. Walk 2x day with dog  longer walk-in am aim for 2-3 miles. Pm 1 mile.

4. this site - has kept me on track and accountable

I know I posted the other day it must be floating in space.🪐

Stayed the same. Why when we want to lose and think we have--we stay the same.

Izena--YES candy is an addiction! Is this cruise a last minute cruise? Don't

remember you talking about this one. Nice you have people to watch Jazzper.

Jan---Congrats on not eating any Halloween candy and your lost. Sure Molly will

have fun she's knows it there.

Mtn---I've tried different ways of losing weight like everyone here. The best

that works for me is low carb and some days eating only one meal a day.

Better if I walk each day which I haven't been doing.

Ombud---Yes exercise is good and I think you need it besides eating less.

You can lose weight with out exercise but better with it. 

Jo is on a cruise I think. Susan where are you?

Ok Where are all of you who have been missing forever? Keep thinking

of shooter and his wonderful pictures. Hope he's doing well.

Take care and have a good Sunday.

Edited by Belle

Good morning Belle.  We are in Fort Lauderdale getting on Celebrity for 12 day cruise.  Did not loose down to starting weight (not enough time between cruises) but I can still get in my cruise clothes.  That was my goal.  We have 28 cruising days left this year so I will have to be Very good when I go home!  Wishing everyone a good weigh in this week.  Headed south......I hate cold weather!...Susan

• Like 1

Susan, have fun on your cruise & yes, getting into those clothes is great!!

41° this morning. Definitely cheated out of Indian Summer. 

I have to repurchase Philharmonic tickets. I thought it rolled over to next concert but I was just sent a link to $20 tickets so I guess price went up? Will meet with S today to make sure he's playing as it is just a few days before my covid test.  Don't want to mess that up but it's been so long!! 

Izena there's no way I could count calories for more than a few days.

Granddaughter had me buy her a food scale yesterday (sleeps here on days before school as my daughter lives 10 miles away from public transportation and starts work at 4am) she is trying to get back to her playing weight. Everyone gained over lockdown 

Susan have a good cruise.

ombud -  I use a food scale to measure serving sizes of cooked chicken.  It helps to accurately measure servings.  After awhile I’ve learned to know appropriate size by eye.

BINAX NOW Issues.

this 2 day covid testing for a  Monday cruise has been a nightmare.

I went to cvs at 11 am yesterday - 32 hours later no results yet ( it’s my backup plan)

My granddaughter got an inconclusive on her first kit and couldn’t get the second kit to work.  She has an appointment in the morning (don’t know where)

My Binax Dropper bottle was empty (luckily  GD first kit bottle had enough liquid  My son and I are negative.  My GD was very upset.

we definitely have Irish luck.

So quiet.

I hope Izena is having a good cruise. That's my worry with my home test.

That the bottle will be empty. Nice they sale 2 to a pkg. Have a backup.

Sure Susan is enjoying her cruise too.

Ombud enjoy the Philharmonic tickets. You cruise in Dec.?

Hope everyone is enjoying their week.  I don't like that it gets darker sooner

and it's colder. Can't wait for my cruises, some will be warmer ports.

Belle, gets better!! I was comped 2 Philharmonic tickets but I will support them with a donation. They are not receiving county funds / hope they got a stimulus. 

Yes I'm up for cruising to warmer ports. Has anyone cruised the Caribbean? My dressy clothes are too big and I really don't want to buy / pack something for 3 hrs × 2 nights. 

As to testing: I'm hoping to double appoint. 1 at CVS Minute Clinic and 1 at county. I've heard that CVS runs out of tests so I want a backup.