11-11-21 Thursday Weigh-In---Once Upon The Sea -- Remember That Skit?

Belle

Cruising on the deep blue sea

Seeing all we can see

Floating on the deep blue sea

Eating lots of food and afternoon tea

Walking on deep blue sea

WE must walk the decks you see

Because while on the deep blue sea

We eat night and day so walking it must be

So everyone have fun on the deep blue sea

Dance, laugh and smile with glee

Your cruising on the wonderful deep blue sea

Enjoying and loving all the sunrises sunsets we see

Bon Voyage to those who are lucky to be sailing in the next two months.

Thank you to ALL the MEN and Women who have and are serving our Country.

Remembering you all on Veterans Day. Bless You one and all.

Edited by Belle
  • Like 1

Good Morning Belle, thanks for starting the thread and for the poem.

I stayed the same this week ... and it is ok.  This week I ate 2 glazed doughnuts, went out to dinner twice, and drank wine.  I'm ok without losing.  

Hopefully next week will be better.  Hope everyone had a nice week.  One month from today I will be on a ship (Covid testing willing).  Jan

Good Morning Everyone.

See all mostly  all stayed the same. Harder to lose weight when we know

going on a cruise shortly.

Jan nice you had no gains after your week of enjoying. Bet you were good

even with the extra's. The month will pass fast. Is this the family one.

Ombud yo yo seems to always be in the game of losing. Hope your cruise isn't

the one they canceled today. Think it's was earlier one then yours.

Mtn you had such a small gain you'll get it off. Do you think the book is helping

you lose? Your doing good in losing even if you think it's slow. Your cruising next year right?

Susan and Izena is cruising now. Hope their enjoying.

Jan I'm with you worried about the test, not that I have covid but the home test

it's self. There old, worried if the bottle is dry. Least you get two tests. Extra bottle. What's

bad you can't open till the time you take the test and see if it's alright. Had to do home

test because stopped the fast tests here. Two days is tight for to get back on time.

Sure everything will work out for us all.

I leave on the 22nd but will still be gone when your on your cruises.

We will be all sailing at the same time. On Thursday while we cruise will have to

think of each other.

Wishing we all have a loss next Thursday.

21 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Belle, your post had me logging onto Princess and its still listed. But we all know how cancelations go. They show for a while. Which one was canceled? I'm on the Emerald Princess 12/9/21

Adding: looking through roll calls it looks like Hawaiian cruises are canceled. I should be ok. Unless you know something I can't see yet

4 hours ago, Belle said:

Mtn you had such a small gain you'll get it off. Do you think the book is helping

you lose? Your doing good in losing even if you think it's slow. Your cruising next year right?

RT to Hawaii from L.A. in Feb. Today, that 1/2 lb gain is gone.

Motivation came from my last MD checkup. The book gets the reader to really look at what is being eaten. Would I recommend it? I was mindfully ready to lose weight and any low carb book would suffice.

Ombud --Saw it yesterday were talking about it. The ship left Alaska and for

the ship wasn't making the port in time. So had to cancel the 1st cruise back.

So think it has to be one this month. Yours is in Dec.

Mtn--Glad 1/2 lb is gone. Our weight goes up and down each day till it settles.

That's why just pick one day here to weigh.

Ombud --Saw it yesterday were talking about it. The ship left Alaska and for

the ship wasn't making the port in time. So had to cancel the 1st cruise back.

So think it has to be one this month. Yours is in Dec.

Mtn--Glad 1/2 lb is gone. Our weight goes up and down each day till it settles.

That's why just pick one day here to weigh.

Ombud--Was a mistake the person said Emerald but it is the  Norwegian Encore.

Home from cruise this morning.  Had a great time with friends haven’t seen in years. Made new friends.  I was the only non drinker ( seemed to drive some crazy trying to convince me ) 

did pre board testing with NAVICA/Abbott issues continued at terminal couldn’t get on app to prove negative  luckily had also tested at CVS results back in 36 hours midnight before cruise And was able to pull up results.  

unable to walk all of the promenade deck 1/3 roped off.  Did walk inside one lap around the ninth floor including the cut throughs with elevators was 0.5 miles .  Able to get in 5-7 miles a day.  Did give in to cookies and desserts.   Will weigh in next week.  

dog sitter said Jazzper was a good boy .  Yay now I can travel more. 

HI all!

I  just got back from my BTB Carnival Horizon cruises last night at 11.

I had a fab time & my worries about the testing were in vane. We need a PCR test to enter Canada so I got a rapid one at Miami airport for $179 USD. We also had to download an app & enter all kinds of info too before checking in for the flight home.

Even with all the rigamarole I was glad I went. Carnival was pretty good about masking but I was amazed to find the buffet was self serve. Oh well it all worked out fine.

Oh, btw I am up 3.8 lbs which I find not bad for 16 days away!

I wonder if any of that was sea salt weight & what Thursday will bring.

Have a good week & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

• Like 1

Welcome back Izena--Glad you had a good time with old and new friends.

Sorry you had so much trouble with the home test. Why didn't you print it out?

What I'm doing. Take mine Sat. hope I don't have trouble with the bottle

being empty. Have two boxes, one has to work. Glad Jazzper was fine.

Welcome back Jo--I wonder when Canada will stop making you take a test

to get back in? Glad everything worked out. I think Carnival is many one of the few that

lets you serve yourself at the buffet. Hope most of your weight gain is water weight

is from traveling on the plane and of course the sea air!

Like to ask you both, how full were your cruises? Seem like most that are cruising are at

50% or less.

Ombud like you have had so many cruises canceled  you always wonder will mine really 

sail next week.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Congrats on a great trip Jo.

I was on Carnival Breeze it was 2/3 full.  Buffets we’re self serve.  No  social distancing.  Masks seen most of the time.  100% staff always masked.   Since we all had to be vaccinated I felt comfortable.  I’m usually a hermit so don’t get around tight crowds of noisy drinkers (which include my son and granddaughter.) 

I sent pictures to son and dil — first sent since weight loss —- been 2 days and no response.  They cruise out of Galveston in dec —anticipate they won’t    Include me in their stop.  Oh well their loss

Had too much dairy yesterday. Oops. I'm always extra hungry the next day

Izena, Emerald Princess is supposed to be 1/2 full. Should make it a lot easier to get a good seat in the theater. 

Went to the drive thru vax site Saturday and was turned away bc I don't meet their criteria. I think that site is focusing on minority groups, those with underlying issues, & kids. I don't fit. Same thing with the 17th. So I canceled the backup. Not driving 8 miles to be turned away. But the bakery lady at Safeway encouraged me to try them & they let me make another appt Friday. All they wanted to know was when my JnJ was (4/7/21). And they're 2 miles away. 

Onto trying 11/19 at 5pm

Jo, that's hardly a gain for a cruise

Mt, is that Hawaii out of SF?

Belle, what is the expiration date on your vial?

Ombud that's the thing, you can't open the box until your ready

to take the test. I'm taking your a chance but no places here to take

a quick test why the home test.

Izena I heard Carnival was doing self serve and other things. I'm glad you felt comfortable.

Sorry you won't see your son if so close.

It's nice that the ships aren't sailing full.  No big lines, feel safer. What I read so far (if true)

one has 1500 (holds 3000) next one only 500. Don't know about others but lots of empty

cabins.  When everything gets back to normal (if does) the ships will be sailing full again.

Enjoy what's left of Monday everyone.

On 11/15/2021 at 12:20 PM, Ombud said:

Mt, is that Hawaii out of SF?

No, San Pedro. Called Port of Los Angeles, but still L.A. We have sailed out of San Francisco though. We sail the day of the Super Bowl. Hoping to have an early boarding because we have to use the 405, right between LAX and the stadium.

4 minutes ago, mtnesterz said:

No, San Pedro. Called Port of Los Angeles, but still L.A. We have sailed out of San Francisco though. We sail the day of the Super Bowl. Hoping to have an early boarding because we have to use the 405, right between LAX and the stadium.

Hope you don't get impacted by Super Bowl in Inglewood!!

Mtn--Oh Oh 405 on Super Bowl Sunday!  Is there back roads/ways to the the airport

any more? I use to live in Torrance, well North Torrance. The traffic is terrible in LA and,

all around. Way worse then before. Just thinking are you flying or driving?

Did you think of getting a hotel by the port? There's the Crown. Shuttle to the port.

Mtn and Ombud and everyone hope you had a good weekend.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Belle said:

Mtn--Oh Oh 405 on Super Bowl Sunday!  Is there back roads/ways to the the airport

any more? I use to live in Torrance, well North Torrance. The traffic is terrible in LA and,

all around. Way worse then before. Just thinking are you flying or driving?

Did you think of getting a hotel by the port? There's the Crown. Shuttle to the port.

Daughter will drive us. She's got one of those apps for best route in traffic. Since you know the area, the alternate for me would be the 10 to the 110. Straight shot to San Pedro. No worries if we leave early regardless of boarding time. To anyone flying into L.A. for a cruise, the Crowne is 4 star, true, but Sunrise, two star, is walking distance to the pier. Guess I shouldn't mention this on a weight loss thread, but forget hotel food, walk to the San Pedro Cafe. You can gain weight just looking at their webpage.  https://www.welovespc.com/