can you go view the "cockpit"?

pehlibaar

On one of our previous cruises, I think NCL, we were able to go to an area and view the "cockpit" where they steer the ship. You couldn't go in but you can watch from a little glass window area. Do Disney cruises, specifically the Dream, have anything like this? 

On 11/19/2021 at 11:03 AM, pehlibaar said:

On one of our previous cruises, I think NCL, we were able to go to an area and view the "cockpit" where they steer the ship. You couldn't go in but you can watch from a little glass window area. Do Disney cruises, specifically the Dream, have anything like this? 

That would be the "bridge", and even on the NCL ships that had the viewing rooms, the curtains are no longer opened for viewing.  Security issues.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2021 at 6:12 AM, chengkp75 said:

That would be the "bridge", and even on the NCL ships that had the viewing rooms, the curtains are no longer opened for viewing.  Security issues.

How have you been doing Chief? I love reading your posts! Such a wealth of knowledge!

Have a great day!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/23/2021 at 6:12 AM, chengkp75 said:

Queen Mary 2 had such an area when the curtains were opened during certain times.  Do you know if this viewing opportunity still exists?  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 5:12 PM, rkacruiser said:

Queen Mary 2 had such an area when the curtains were opened during certain times.  Do you know if this viewing opportunity still exists?  

Each line has its own ISPS code (International Ship and Port Security), and that will determine if the bridge is open to viewing during normal operations.  I don't know Cunard's policies.

• 4 weeks later...