CROWN CRUISE (FEB) POSTPONED

JoRoy218

Just got an email from Princess stating the Crown & Island are delayed their start until May. We were scheduled for Feb.

It’s interesting (perhaps coincidence) that our final payment was due yesterday and we get the news today. We did notice the ship was only about 30% booked, at best.

They offered the usual options, extra FCC and re-book at comparable rates or full refund. We chose full refund, we’ll see how long that takes.  I immediately responded FWIW. 🤨

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

Just got an email from Princess stating the Crown & Island are delayed their start until May. We were scheduled for Feb.

It’s interesting (perhaps coincidence) that our final payment was due yesterday and we get the news today. We did notice the ship was only about 30% booked, at best.

They offered the usual options, extra FCC and re-book at comparable rates or full refund. We chose full refund, we’ll see how long that takes.  I immediately responded FWIW. 🤨

The letter I got, said 100% of fare paid as  FCC nothing extra if that option was chosen

Edited by nocl

1 hour ago, JoRoy218 said:

Our cruise on Island Princess has just been cancelled…you were lucky to be offered additional FCC.

We have been offered:- 

Option 1 change to specific cruise- their choice of date and ship, -

(doesn’t work for our schedule).

Option 2-FCC with no additional incentive FCC to be booked and sailed by Dec 22- ( (useless as we have other cruises booked and this needs to be for a new booking. )

Option 3- refund of money paid

Little choice !!!!!!!!

Our Crown was cancelled to Hawaii March 30, 2022.  Got the notification today.  😢  Their options were to transfer to one in March 2023; Full refund; or refundable Future Cruise Credit (FCC) of 100% value of cruise fare paid.  I'm soooo disappointed because this was supposed to be for our 30th wedding anniversary and the other cruises going out of LA and San Francisco don't have any mini suites left (one of them doesn't even have a balcony left). 😞  Not sure what to do now.  So sad.

Sigh...Yep we got the dreaded email too for our Island Princess family cruise in March 2022, which was rebooked from February 2022 due to worry kids wouldn't be vaccinated in time, which was rebooked from February 2021 due to covid.

Unfortunately, I have now run out of Princess cruises that fit into the timeframe that works for all 7 people...so for the first time in a very long time, I am looking at other cruise lines.

Oh well, maybe it will be a new adventure.

11 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

Appreciate above correction, NOT extra FCC,  using 100% fare paid as “FCC.”

Was in a hurry. 🙄

Wasn’t meant as a correction…just thought you may have been offered something different. In UK we are offered different T&Cs so who knows what they’ll offer…?

19 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

We did notice the ship was only about 30% booked, at best.

Other than looking at every category, location of each category on each deck for every deck on the ship, how can one see how much of the sailing is booked?  If it was a guesstimate, that's ok too.  I'm just wondering if there is somewhere where one can readily access that info.

Thanks.