Is the end in sight for the Australa cruise ship ban??

2 hours ago, Russell21 said:

Just read an article written by the SA Doctor who discovered this latest variant. She claims that there has been an understandable over reaction to this variant, as while it is very virulent, easy to spread and catch, they symptoms are relatively mild.

I don't think that it's quite that cut and dried. She also said that she may be saying something different in two weeks' time when they know more about it. I'm all for being cautious and following the epidemiologists recommendations on this - they're looking at the changes on the viral structure and are 'terrified' by what they see there.

I wonder too if it's so mild, why have hospitalisations from covid shot up in number in S.A. in the last week or so?

This article gives the perspective from another SA doctor who has a rather different story to tell.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/south-african-scientists-brace-for-wave-propelled-by-omicron

Edited by LittleFish1976
added link

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

The media is in a frenzy over Omicron, this makes people anxious.  

Every scientist and/or doctor will preface their reports with the equivalent of "at the moment" or "as far as is known at present".

Then the media leaves out those bits because they are boring. 🤥

Edited by SinbadThePorter
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Haoie said:

My birthday cruise last year was cancelled, hopefully next year I can go on one. August.

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

If they cancelled your birthday, that means you haven't aged as yet, so enjoy.

My wife turns 50 in February and all she wants is to be able to go on a cruise. This morning she commented that it might have to wait until my 50th but that’s not until January 2024. I really hope we’re cruising again before then!

there will often be new variants, that's what living with Covid means and at least we are "living" with Covid and not "dying" with Covid.

I believe Cruising will return by early to mid next year as we surpass the 90% vax mark, and lets face it, on a ship you know everyone is double vaxxed and negative tested as that's the only way they can get on, so it would be safer on a ship than it would in your local shopping centres, my thoughts are with all the suppliers as well, i have seen the amount of produce that gets loaded onto the ship at Sydney and that's all local produce, it would be great to be back in business especially for them.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, kidzplay said:

there will often be new variants, that's what living with Covid means and at least we are "living" with Covid and not "dying" with Covid.

I believe Cruising will return by early to mid next year as we surpass the 90% vax mark, and lets face it, on a ship you know everyone is double vaxxed and negative tested as that's the only way they can get on, so it would be safer on a ship than it would in your local shopping centres, my thoughts are with all the suppliers as well, i have seen the amount of produce that gets loaded onto the ship at Sydney and that's all local produce, it would be great to be back in business especially for them.

Well said, your spot on.👍

22 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

They have to make a statement by Dec 17?.

I think they went past the date once but I think we should get some news about the 17th.

NSW stuck with the decision to allow foreign students in but they have to quarantine for 3 days.

At least someone is holding to their word.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 2:35 PM, Docker123 said:

Perhaps Mr Hunt can make a quick determination.

Then he can go on a cruise in his imminent retirement. 

Today is the last scheduled sitting of the Parliament. Any word from Greg Hunt before he goes, re cruise ship ban? I have heard nothing.🤔

Has anyone given any thought as to what we will all talk about once cruising resumes and the media go broke because no one is reading/ listening/ watching their endless pandemic related stories.

Just a couple of suggestions……..tipping, main dining room dress rules, sun lounge hogging ….…🤔🤔🤔……..cant wait 😂😂😂

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Has anyone given any thought as to what we will all talk about once cruising resumes and the media go broke because no one is reading/ listening/ watching their endless pandemic related stories.

Just a couple of suggestions……..tipping, main dining room dress rules, sun lounge hogging ….…🤔🤔🤔……..cant wait 😂😂😂

Food, wine, cocktails, excursions, entertainment. All the good stuff! 😊

We will all be off cruising so no time to write anything except when we arrive home and can say…wow that was great..we will be off on our next cruise in a few weeks time.

have to watch how much I eat and drink on the boat!  Won’t that be great 🕶👗🍸🍸🍷🍷🍦