Bonaire requiring PCR test before you boarded your cruise

misguy

In looking at the Bonaire website, it says that you have to a PCR test with 48 hours of boarding your ship if you are fully vaccinated.  The cruise line is only requiring an antigen test.  Does anyone have recent experience with cruising into Bonaire?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2021 at 5:55 AM, misguy said:

In looking at the Bonaire website, it says that you have to a PCR test with 48 hours of boarding your ship if you are fully vaccinated.  The cruise line is only requiring an antigen test.  Does anyone have recent experience with cruising into Bonaire?

I saw this too and came to ask the same question. I am boarding 12/27, this may be a serious issue due to the holiday and the fact that we are traveling on the 26th.

I haven't seen any update, but I chatted with a tour provider in Bonaire yesterday and he does not think they will change any time soon, so I wouldn't be surprised to see itineraries change.

15 minutes ago, zpdw484 said:

We sail Dec 26th on Explorer of the seas with a stop in Bonaire.. Antigen required to board, so this is concerning. From what I can tell ships have still been making stops here, including explorer last week.

I really wish I could get confirmation of the PCR test requirement - I can't find this requirement written anywhere other than the infobonaire.com website. I tried posting a question on the Emerald Princess roll call board as the Bonaire website said they docked on the 6th, but the response that i got was that the ship did not have a scheduled stop in Bonaire. So at least something on that website is not correct - the question is how much. We are sailing on the 27th with a stop in Bonaire, and I'm going to be very annoyed if I can't leave the ship because I didn't get the right kind of test. 

35 minutes ago, SoDonewithitAll said:

I really wish I could get confirmation of the PCR test requirement - I can't find this requirement written anywhere other than the infobonaire.com website. I tried posting a question on the Emerald Princess roll call board as the Bonaire website said they docked on the 6th, but the response that i got was that the ship did not have a scheduled stop in Bonaire. So at least something on that website is not correct - the question is how much. We are sailing on the 27th with a stop in Bonaire, and I'm going to be very annoyed if I can't leave the ship because I didn't get the right kind of test. 

There is an explorer review on the royal Caribbean board from last week and they stopped in Bonaire and there was no mention of anything out of the ordinary regarding needing a pcr test vs the Antigen required to board the ship in San juan

We are boarding the Oceania Riviera on 12/23 with our scheduled Port Stop in Bonaire 12/27. Oceania has said they will perform on Board all testing required to go ashore at all our Port Stops, but I was under the impression it was rapid antigen only testing, not PCR. I will have to follow up with them regarding this info. We will be antigen tested dockside prior to boarding.

5 hours ago, zpdw484 said:

There is an explorer review on the royal Caribbean board from last week and they stopped in Bonaire and there was no mention of anything out of the ordinary regarding needing a pcr test vs the Antigen required to board the ship in San juan

I just posted a question there, and the lovely individual did respond and say they only needed to show vaccination cards and nothing else. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am booked on the NCL Getaway on 01/19/22 for a 9 day Southern out of Miami. NCL will have us antigen tested prior to boarding. On December 21st, they advised that we would no longer be stopping at Bonaire. 

Edited by billnyc71

4 minutes ago, billnyc71 said:

I am booked on the NCL Getaway on 01/19/22 for a 9 day Southern out of Miami. On December 21st, NCL advised that we would no longer be stopping at Bonaire.

Weird. Celebrity is still allowing us to book excursions for Bonaire on our 1/21 sailing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Does anyone know the current requirement for COVID testing, if any, for cruise passengers?  We are sailing on the Explorer of the Seas on 5/14/22.  I did see in post #9 that they didn't have to test but that was back in December, prior to Omicron.  Just wondering if anything has changed.

7 hours ago, kands6191 said:

Does anyone know the current requirement for COVID testing, if any, for cruise passengers?  We are sailing on the Explorer of the Seas on 5/14/22.  I did see in post #9 that they didn't have to test but that was back in December, prior to Omicron.  Just wondering if anything has changed.

We were there at the end of January aboard the Celebrity Equinox and were not required to test.

• Thanks 1