Surely Winter Cruise Staycations Are The Only Option For P and O now??

Interestedcruisefan

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/28/2021 at 9:15 PM, Interestedcruisefan said:

I'm not moaning?

I'm looking for how cruises could continue this winter as the travel bans come in ?

If those travel bans don't actually happen and somehow overseas cruises escape them all then that's great

But based on what's happened so far with Covid it seems pretty obvious to me what's coming our way the next few weeks

It's all pretty predictable

And it's already started happening for other holidays

A few weeks ago in this threas I did suggest what was going to happen to cruises was all very predictable. I think it's time to continue that discussion?

Queen Mary - a ship cruising well below capacity has now cancelled and is refunding cruisers 125 per cent FCC. Her problems simply got worse the longer the cruise went on

(In hindsight it would have obviously been financially better off not cruising) 

Cunard just set a benchmark that cruises can't continue as its simply NOT financially viable to start cruises AND effectively  refund everybody halfway round and still have to get all the passengers home!

Long cruises overseas simply are NOT viable right now. All cruise lines struggling even on shorter cruises 

I now see two realistic options for cruising:

1) They attempt short  seacations only for a while which don't allow the variant to spread as quickly. Where people just get on and get off without port stops and also before the ship has time for any major outbreak on board. 4 night cruises 

2) They pause full stop for a while

(Forget about what cruiselines want to do - passengers themselves are already cancelling in droves as they realise the issues on cruises)

Anybody got a third option?

(Ps this is not doom and gloom.  It's reality of attempting a cruise right now)

Edited by Interestedcruisefan
  • Like 2

I’ve seen a number of various covid issues on YouTube relating ships sailing out of the USA. Is there any info. Relating to P&O cruises currently in the Caribbean? We’re due to fly out in late January, but have significant concerns TBH. I’ve approached P&O, via our TA, to see what options we have, but no alternative other than go or cancel was offered.

9 minutes ago, Dgtrainer99 said:

I’ve seen a number of various covid issues on YouTube relating ships sailing out of the USA. Is there any info. Relating to P&O cruises currently in the Caribbean? We’re due to fly out in late January, but have significant concerns TBH. I’ve approached P&O, via our TA, to see what options we have, but no alternative other than go or cancel was offered.

From what others have posted, people have been able to move cruises to fresh booking.  Might be worth trying your TA again.  If still no joy, I would speak with P&O directly, even the phone line says you should speak with your TA.

47 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

From what others have posted, people have been able to move cruises to fresh booking.  Might be worth trying your TA again.  If still no joy, I would speak with P&O directly, even the phone line says you should speak with your TA.

Was this for Caribbean cruises sailing in Jan?

2 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Appears to be Europe.  The P&O Cancellation Terms thread has several posts regarding moving bookings.

Just spoke to P&O and we can’t amend. Gun to the head comes to mind. P&O’s main concern is the bottom line. Yes they are putting measures in place, but so did symphony of the seas etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dgtrainer99 said:

Just spoke to P&O and we can’t amend. Gun to the head comes to mind. P&O’s main concern is the bottom line. Yes they are putting measures in place, but so did symphony of the seas etc.

They're certainly not doing well with this stance. ☹️