Royal's ships 2023/24

Hi Chiliburn,

As you seem to be the "all seeing eye👁️‍🗨️ " of all things RCI, I was wondering if you could help me out with a few queries.🙏

I am looking at a 6th Dec.2022 cruise on the Radiance out of Sydney, mainly to cruise again and the added incentive of doubling our C&A points to get us to the next tier!!! As you know this deal finishes today.

If booking with RCI- it is a non refundable deposit which for the balcony that we have chosen is quite a hefty amount. I can get the same cabin with the guru with a $25 pp deposit, for a higher amount as I chose the refundable option for a $100 or so pp extra.

My main question is- IF RCI cancels the cruise, will they still keep the deposit or do you think they will hold it as FCC, which would be fine by us. Although we are 4 star Mariners on HAL and Elite on Princess, we are hoping to sail on RCI more often in the future.  HAL is just so staid and boring and are relying on their very loyal elderly clientele to keep them going. Princess and RCI are more to our liking now.

I would really appreciate your comments and any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Jen

46 minutes ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Hi Chiliburn,

As you seem to be the "all seeing eye👁️‍🗨️ " of all things RCI, I was wondering if you could help me out with a few queries.🙏

I am looking at a 6th Dec.2022 cruise on the Radiance out of Sydney, mainly to cruise again and the added incentive of doubling our C&A points to get us to the next tier!!! As you know this deal finishes today.

If booking with RCI- it is a non refundable deposit which for the balcony that we have chosen is quite a hefty amount. I can get the same cabin with the guru with a $25 pp deposit, for a higher amount as I chose the refundable option for a $100 or so pp extra.

My main question is- IF RCI cancels the cruise, will they still keep the deposit or do you think they will hold it as FCC, which would be fine by us. Although we are 4 star Mariners on HAL and Elite on Princess, we are hoping to sail on RCI more often in the future.  HAL is just so staid and boring and are relying on their very loyal elderly clientele to keep them going. Princess and RCI are more to our liking now.

I would really appreciate your comments and any suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

Jen

To answer your question,if Royal cancels. You will get the option of a full cash refund,  a future credit of 110% or move the cruise to another date.
Don’t worry about the deposit 

We can’t name agents here but I don’t like the one you hinted on.

I did a dummy booking for that cruise and balcony starting at $2400 for 2 with $US400 OBC

With the double points , I just got a email today that they run till the end of March.

B67DA6C0-D3C0-471E-B688-A238E26B04F3.thumb.png.b4f38c138a5e09a4959c94ab2ffaebce.png

Edited by Chiliburn

Hi

i have booked a few cruises with the  $25 deposit and found it helpful if I was thinking of a cruise a fair way ahead, but unsure.

I had a booking with celebrity for a 2020 to Japan , and then 2022 for the same cruise but ofcourse that was during Covid and they were cancelled.   So I booked the $25 deposit for 2023, in 2021, I think.   I was quite willing to lose the deposit if I had done the 2022 cruise.  It turns out lots people from the 2020 cruise had done the same.   We actually got a good price and now looking forward to that  cruise.

I think it gives you options.

Most of my future cruises are with RCL, but I have booked directly with the cruise line as I have found that my deposits have been returned quickly if there have been cancellations, and I feel my money is reasonably secure if I have paid the full amount.

Eileen

Thank you both for your helpful advice. I have been stung a few times with the guru and after the last time have sworn off them. I just do dummy booking to get a bit of an idea on pricing. Since the pandemic, we book directly with the cruise lines now. We find them far more helpful and if we wanted to ask the guru to look at a refare with them, it was always such an effort!!

I will go ahead and book now- with much more confidence.

Thanks again 🥂🥂

32 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

To answer your question,if Royal cancels. You will get the option of a full cash refund,  a future credit of 110% or move the cruise to another date.
Don’t worry about the deposit 

We can’t name agents here but I don’t like the one you hinted on.

I did a dummy booking for that cruise and balcony starting at $2400 for 2 with $US400 OBC

With the double points , I just got a email today that they run till the end of March.

B67DA6C0-D3C0-471E-B688-A238E26B04F3.thumb.png.b4f38c138a5e09a4959c94ab2ffaebce.png

Wow, the cheapest balcony I could get (and choosing my own cabin) on the RCI website with all the discounts applied was $2620 pp with US$400 OBC. Am I doing something wrong?? If you can help, that would be great.

Jen

Hi Jen

just had a look at the RCL website for 6 Dec 2022 out of Sydney.   I presume that it is the Great Barrier Reef cruise!

it said balcony sold out.

I think that because it is December , you are getting near holiday time!   There are probably a lot of people doing booking just now hoping that we will all be cruising by then.

I would suggest that anybody wanting booking for that time of year should get a move on.    I think like everything else, the prices are going up.  Have you seen the supermarket prices just now.   

I have already booked up cruises for 2022 and 2023 but I am a bit stupid like that.   I just love cruising.  No cooking for a while, no cleaning and no shower to clean !   But that is just me.😢

Eileen

1 hour ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Wow, the cheapest balcony I could get (and choosing my own cabin) on the RCI website with all the discounts applied was $2620 pp with US$400 OBC. Am I doing something wrong?? If you can help, that would be great.

Jen

I hope you get the hint. One In Canberra that are fair dinkin Ozzie’s.

And my favourite one in Melbourne ,Balwyn that offer what you are seeking.

1 hour ago, aussiecruiser66 said:

Jen

That’s a guarantee balcony.
A little more expensive and you can book live on RC . 

$ 200 deposit but if it doesn’t happen you get it back.

C8A027A0-0979-409C-AF88-296AE55839A6.thumb.png.5d22cfd504c4cc2fb74be88df830d892.png

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, ScottishRobbie said:

Looks like all the Radiance cruises have been pulled from the website but still showing up on Cruise Planner for next summer.

Someone said on theRC forum, Emails are going out that it’s going to New Orleans after Alaska.

And no news of a replacement but I recon Voyager.

23 minutes ago, Jandex said:

I hope they replace Radiance. We’ve had so many cancellations it would be nice to have something to look forward to. 

Got a message from Royal saying Enchantment will be coming to OZ.

24 minutes ago, Cruisers47 said:

Got a message from Royal saying Enchantment will be coming to OZ.

What for 22-23 ?

I think that was 23-24 season,if it’s this season. Can you post a screenshot.

Edited by Chiliburn

7 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

What for 22-23 ?

I that was 23-24 season,if it’s this season. Can you post a screenshot.

Phil, I think some people are getting the 2 seasons mixed up. Enchantment was for the 2023/24 season. 2022/23 looks like 2 ships only. Bad PR on Royal's behalf as they should have announce what is happening next cruise season and then spell out the 2023/24 season. On the book of faces I can understand why there is the confusion.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, woodscruise said:

Phil, I think some people are getting the 2 seasons mixed up. Enchantment was for the 2023/24 season. 2022/23 looks like 2 ships only. Bad PR on Royal's behalf as they should have announce what is happening next cruise season and then spell out the 2023/24 season. On the book of faces I can understand why there is the confusion.

Panic is setting in ,LOL

Enchantment will be just a place holder for 23-24 .Just more of Royal Caribbean’s smoke and mirrors.

A little ship like that is to valuable to waste on a big port like Sydney. Places like Baltimore,New Orleans or even Cairns they can maximise revenue where big ships can’t get in.