Cabo land /sea tour

maureenk

Considering a land / sea tour in Cabo that’s $65 pp. includes A/C van ride around town and tow tequila factory and glass blowing. Finishes up with boat ride to the arch. Yay or nay?  It’s 4 to 5 hours. Thanks in advance!!

For me, there is nothing of interest in Cabo, it is just a boat to the Arch and then to the beach day.  So if you haven't been to the glass factory/store, this might be a nice addition.  Enjoy the boat trip, that is what I do every trip to Cabo.

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2021 at 10:34 PM, Mike45LC said:

For me, there is nothing of interest in Cabo, it is just a boat to the Arch and then to the beach day.  So if you haven't been to the glass factory/store, this might be a nice addition.  Enjoy the boat trip, that is what I do every trip to Cabo.

Can you get a boat trip to the arch right at the pier? RCL cancelled the one they offered.

On 1/8/2022 at 12:17 PM, Lorey2007 said:

Can you get a boat trip to the arch right at the pier? RCL cancelled the one they offered.

I have never used a ship's excursion for this.  (I use the ship's excursions for other tours, but not for this one.)  

When the tender drops you off, there will be a large crowd of locals trying to sell all sorts of tours.  Most of these guys will be happy to bring you to a glass-bottom boat that will do a nice cruise out to the Arch, pointing out Lovers' Beach (and sometimes dropping people off there), giving you a good view of the sea lions' rocks, dropping some food in the water to attract the fish under the bottom window, making sure you get a great view through the Arch, and driving by Medano Beach (often dropping people off there as well).   You pay the tour seller anywhere from $10 to $15 per person, and he pays the boat captain.  I used to negotiate the price pretty hard, but I realized that a difference of $2 is nothing to me, but is substantial to the locals, so I stopped enjoying it.  (Unless we are in a jewelry store and the amounts in discussion are significant!)

You can get off at Medano Beach and spend the rest of the day at the beach.  There are full facilities there, good restaurants, people with jet skis, kayaks, banana floats, parasailing, etc., to rent.  When it is time to leave, you can grab a land taxi or a water taxi back to the tender dock.  Or you can walk it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

I have never used a ship's excursion for this.  (I use the ship's excursions for other tours, but not for this one.)  

When the tender drops you off, there will be a large crowd of locals trying to sell all sorts of tours.  Most of these guys will be happy to bring you to a glass-bottom boat that will do a nice cruise out to the Arch, pointing out Lovers' Beach (and sometimes dropping people off there), giving you a good view of the sea lions' rocks, dropping some food in the water to attract the fish under the bottom window, making sure you get a great view through the Arch, and driving by Medano Beach (often dropping people off there as well).   You pay the tour seller anywhere from $10 to $15 per person, and he pays the boat captain.  I used to negotiate the price pretty hard, but I realized that a difference of $2 is nothing to me, but is substantial to the locals, so I stopped enjoying it.  (Unless we are in a jewelry store and the amounts in discussion are significant!)

You can get off at Medano Beach and spend the rest of the day at the beach.  There are full facilities there, good restaurants, people with jet skis, kayaks, banana floats, parasailing, etc., to rent.  When it is time to leave, you can grab a land taxi or a water taxi back to the tender dock.  Or you can walk it.

Thanks so much that sounds easy enough for us to do.  Is there shopping where the tender drops us off or should we get off at Medano Beach?  We really do not want to go to the beach but just do some local shopping. 

You know that Cabo is a tender port, right?  The Marina where the tender drops you off has a lot of tourist stores -- t-shirts, Mexican blankets, wall hangings, tequila, vanilla, etc. etc.  There are pharmacies and liquor stores, cafes, bars, ...  Also the Dolphin Aquarium.  If you walk far enough, just following the concrete sidewalk of the Marina, you will come to Puerto Paraiso Mall (you will see the Harley Davidson Cafe), and they have everything a tourist might want.   Including Haagen Daas ice cream, which my wife visits every trip to Cabo.

If you are not into the beach, take the tour boat back to the tender dock area, and enjoy the Marina walkway.  You can get all of your shopping done there.  

40 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

You know that Cabo is a tender port, right?  The Marina where the tender drops you off has a lot of tourist stores -- t-shirts, Mexican blankets, wall hangings, tequila, vanilla, etc. etc.  There are pharmacies and liquor stores, cafes, bars, ...  Also the Dolphin Aquarium.  If you walk far enough, just following the concrete sidewalk of the Marina, you will come to Puerto Paraiso Mall (you will see the Harley Davidson Cafe), and they have everything a tourist might want.   Including Haagen Daas ice cream, which my wife visits every trip to Cabo.

If you are not into the beach, take the tour boat back to the tender dock area, and enjoy the Marina walkway.  You can get all of your shopping done there.  

Perfect we'll take the tour boat back to the marina. Thanks 

On 1/10/2022 at 5:05 PM, Mike45LC said:

How far is the dolphin aquarium? It's me and my daughter going and just want to make sure we are back in time. 

On 1/10/2022 at 3:39 PM, Mike45LC said:

This may be a stupid question but I read a review from 10 years ago that the water taxi to Medano Beach will drop you off "in the water and you will do a short swim to shore". Does the water taxi drop you that far away that you are fully swimming in? One person in our party will be recovering from back surgery so just checking if it is a full swim in, or a hop out and walk in the water in? I hope I make sense lol

• Like 1

At Medano Beach, you normally jump out of the water taxi into water that is somewhere between knee deep and waist deep.  I haven't had to swim, just wade.  I have seen people needing to swim at Lovers' Beach.

There are YouTube videos of people wading ashore at Medano Beach, if you want to see.