Disembark Barbados Protocol

laurelguy

I'm hoping any cruisers who are on the early December trips disembarking in Bridgetown will let us know how testing is being done prior. When I called the office they said no testing is done onboard but they'll help get us tested in one of the ports. We're on the 12/27-1/3 trip and are spending a night in BGI when we get off. Lots of moving parts. Thanks all!

We disembarked in Barbados after transatlantic, so it could be different, but we had a lateral flow test on board, and SD also ask you a few days before if you require a PCR for your return to home. Which they arranged for those that did. We had to be transported by bus from ship to show all documents then were released to collect cases. All very smooth. But, regulations change ALL THE TIME. 

Depending upon where SD is tied up at Barbados, busing to and from the yacht is pretty much standard procedure.  And congratulations to Barbados on its independence from the Crown.  Although still part of the Commonwealth, it now has self-determination.  When we were there several years ago, there was talk about the island changing to have driving on the right side of the road.  The last time we were there, though, we were assured it wasn't going to happen.  Biggest issue might be having to buy new school buses.

Dinner plans for the last night in Barbados, laurelguy? 

Yes! Independence indeed! After calls to the US embassy, I finally have good info. As long as you have your vax card AND a negative test (which SD is doing onboard) you can stay on the island. No quarantine etc. So we're happy to go from ship to Hilton for a night before long flights back to our home in LA. Dinner? As much as I'd like to go to Lobster Alive I think we'll hunker down at the hotel. Cheers!

laurelguy,

We will both be in St. Barts for New Years Eve, although SDII gets an extra day there, leaving on 1/2.  We are excited about being there for NYE.  The only other time we were scheduled there the seas were so rough they closed the harbor.

Zimmy would never let us miss a dinner at Lobster Alive.  Just a short walk from the Hilton.

6 hours ago, BajanCruiser109 said:

Just returned from 8 night cruise.  We were tested onboard on Thursday and had our results for disembarkation.  We did not have to show the results as assume that the authorities receive the results directly from Seadream.  

Thanks for this! I'm assuming you disembarked on a Saturday?? Now that everyone has to be tested 24 hours before arriving in the States this adds another dimension....

On 12/5/2021 at 7:06 PM, laurelguy said:

Thanks for this! I'm assuming you disembarked on a Saturday?? Now that everyone has to be tested 24 hours before arriving in the States this adds another dimension....

Yes, on Saturday.  They can provide additional testing on board but that may not be valid as they are not an accredited lab from what I understand.