N95 masks made in, and sold from Canada

muffin

CC member Lucruise just made mention of this company. I just ordered, and thought it needs its own  topic…..many of us looking. Simply goggle Canada Strong Masks and make a choice. Several kinds, colours and children sized too. delivery costs are a trifle high, but can’t complain when you get exactly what you want. I ordered some N 95 and also some of the usual light blue and white ones which are good for quick trips to the store…but in black so I do not feel I have just escaped from a hospital! Thx Lucruise!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for starting this thread. I have read the article that rated masks and other than its recommendations, still am in the dark. Until Covid, like the vast majority of citizens, I never once wore a mask,so had no clue what to look for. Could someone who knows please let me know what you recommend. I want a mask for cruising, that is not pricey, but will give protection as recommended by health authorities, and can be worn for a  couple of hours at a time. Thanks. Also prefer a company that delivers.

On 12/6/2021 at 6:25 PM, muffin said:

CC member Lucruise just made mention of this company. I just ordered, and thought it needs its own  topic…..many of us looking. Simply goggle Canada Strong Masks and make a choice. Several kinds, colours and children sized too. delivery costs are a trifle high, but can’t complain when you get exactly what you want. I ordered some N 95 and also some of the usual light blue and white ones which are good for quick trips to the store…but in black so I do not feel I have just escaped from a hospital! Thx Lucruise!

Thank you for posting this. I have just ordered some, and some filters for my cloth masks. 

Just noticed your post. 🙂  We have our masks ready to be packed for our cruise in a couple weeks. I agree...it's good that they have different sizes (and colours...lol).  We got a regular pack for DH and then the next size down for myself and our kids. 

1 hour ago, GeriatricNurse said:

gubby, (fellow Kingstonian), if you are a member of Costco Wholesale, as I am, I would recommend that you visit their Pharmacy to obtain a box of their (highly rated) KN95 masks!  (But, I don't think that they deliver).

We’re also looking for highly rated masks for our flight especially but also for when needed in ports. We’re close to Costco so that’s easy enough to go there but where did you find the info on who highly rated their masks? Thanks!

48 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

We’re also looking for highly rated masks for our flight especially but also for when needed in ports. We’re close to Costco so that’s easy enough to go there but where did you find the info on who highly rated their masks? Thanks!

I posted a CBC marketplace article in post #3 above - lists the best rated masks!

32 minutes ago, Froufie said:

I posted a CBC marketplace article in post #3 above - lists the best rated masks!

I originally posted the article back on November 8, but it was good of you to repost it for those who might have missed it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

I originally posted the article back on November 8, but it was good of you to repost it for those who might have missed it.

...and thanks for posting it - it was most informative and helpful for us in purchasing better masks for travel/flight days! 🙂

Edited by Froufie
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Fouremco said:

Thank you for posting this, very informative however I’m having issues finding any of the recommended masks on the Amazon site…I try to search for the name and get pages of masks that bear no resemblance to the pictures or descriptions posted from the article. Guess I can try at Costco and see if they still sell the brand from the article 🤞

Did anyone purchase through Amazon any of the recommended masks and can send me a link? TIA!

7 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Thank you for posting this, very informative however I’m having issues finding any of the recommended masks on the Amazon site…I try to search for the name and get pages of masks that bear no resemblance to the pictures or descriptions posted from the article. Guess I can try at Costco and see if they still sell the brand from the article 🤞

Did anyone purchase through Amazon any of the recommended masks and can send me a link? TIA!

As I said in the original post, "not all of the masks are still available at the same locations, but I've been able to track down a couple of the better rated masks." I should have added links, so here are two:

https://www.medsupmedical.com/products/kn95-civilian-respirator-protective-mask?variant=40396311101648

https://www.supplymaskscanada.com/product-page/kn95-respirator

13 minutes ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Where did you purchase your masks from? I’m having trouble finding any of the ones listed as available from Amazon…

Before ordering/purchasing any masks you may wish to read this CBC Marketplace article:  https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mask-filtration-standards-marketplace-1.5974442

I was able to buy a 5 pack of the good manner mask (highest rating)  online here:  https://clearmaskpro.ca/collections/kf94-masks

• Like 1

We were able to purchase KN 95 masks from our pharmacy. We picked up a box of 10 for about $ 30 and our trusted pharmacist said that he would also agree with our plan to wear them in airports and during the flights. Costco was sold out. Happy to have made this purchase. Plans coming together makes it seem real.

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

For those wondering about the differences between the N95 and KN95 technical standards:

https://smartairfilters.com/en/blog/whats-difference-between-n95-kn95-masks/

Also mask that have the elastic around the back of head will give a better fit than one that goes around you ears 

I find it funny when they talk about fit with disposable masks , because they all leak like crazy 
when you work in nuclear plants , you need to do a fit test to wear their respirators, your face has to be clean shaven , they actually test the leakage of the masks on the face , if you cannot find a mask that fits , you cannot work there 

17 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Also mask that have the elastic around the back of head will give a better fit than one that goes around you ears 

I find it funny when they talk about fit with disposable masks , because they all leak like crazy 
when you work in nuclear plants , you need to do a fit test to wear their respirators, your face has to be clean shaven , they actually test the leakage of the masks on the face , if you cannot find a mask that fits , you cannot work there 

According to that article and the various testing between N95 and surgical  masks they rated equally in preventing Covid and flu viruses to pass. We’ve only worn the blue masks since Covid started and have been ok so far 🤞, maybe we’ll just stick with them for our trip. 🤔

18 hours ago, gubby said:

We were able to purchase KN 95 masks from our pharmacy. We picked up a box of 10 for about $ 30 and our trusted pharmacist said that he would also agree with our plan to wear them in airports and during the flights. Costco was sold out. Happy to have made this purchase. Plans coming together makes it seem real.

Which pharmacy did you get yours? 

• 2 weeks later...

FYI…KN95 & KN99 masks are NOT  N95…….but in light of my week long search to purchase N95’s, I have had to settle for the other two.

N95 masks/respirators are the only effective mask to mitigate 95% particulate. People who wear them for their jobs ie nurses are “fit tested”, and assigned a brand / size of mask that is effective for them. If you are able to secure a mask, it may actually not fit you correctly therefore be of lesser effectiveness.

They are very costly (thought Doug Ford wanted to know about price gouging🧐

The first 2 masks work better than your home made job, or the blue piece of filter paper.

it’s time to mask up folks, this is airborne no matter what gov says.

if anyone finds 3M or Cdn made N95’s please return with an online order site😍

Remember, don’t get fooled by knock offs. Buy Canadian. Stay safe.

• Like 2

On 12/9/2021 at 4:48 PM, gubby said:

There were tons of 20 pack boxes of the KN95 masks at Costco for $7.99; 40 cents per mask!

The masks are each individually sealed.

You paid far too much at $3 per mask!!!

• Like 1