Costa have changed their itinerary to return to Barcelona on 25th Dec 2021

K18TEC

I have been informed that my 6 night cruise has been cut to 5 nights as Costa Luminosa is now returning to Barcelona on 25th Dec instead of 26th. How can they do this?All that is offered is be put up in a hotel overnight as my flight back to UK is on 26th. I booked because we wanted to be on the ship on Christmas day and enjoy the entertainment and food.If we have to leave the ship on 25th what are we going to do with our luggage before we are able to check into the hotel at 2pm and are we to pay for our meals and drinks after having already paid for this service on the ship? We are happy to carry on to Valencia and leave the ship on 26th and change our flight but after 10 days of trying to negotiate this solution we have still heard nothing from either Cost or Cruise Nation the travel agent we booked through.

Of course I can’t know the reasons Costa had for this change and you don’t mention them either. However, my experience is that in case of cancellations and planned changes Costa communicated everything well, including alternatives and compensations, when applicable. In case of a change of port Costa provided transfers and for late boarding everybody got 25 € OBC as compensation for the missed lunch. So I wouldn’t worry about being just dropped and sitting on suitcases until a hotel check-in in the afternoon would be possible. I myself often enough arrived at hotels way before time and if my room wasn’t available I was able to store my baggage.

Costa’s customerservice ashore is problematic in some countries, some offices need way too long for searching out things, while others always react within reasonable time. It is way easier to tell a good TA to do that work, but a bad one doesn’t care about your needs. When I dropped on facebook (CostaCrociereInternational) a message that I need help with solving my problem, the Dutch office contacted me within a few days and solved. I don’t know whether Costa UK also moves if they get a complaint from Genoa, but at least you can try.