Parking for Cape Liberty Cruise

Giantfan13

We were wondering if anyone knows about OTHER parking for Cape Liberty instead of the main cruise terminal parking. We are going on a 'longer' cruise and the rate for that time frame well, is a lot more than we would like to pay. I had heard there are some other parking venues maybe a mile or so away (or further) where you can park for a lot less and get shuttled over to the terminal. Anyone know or recommend any such place?

For a last chance, we were thinking of parking at Newark and then taking an Uber over to the terminal. Anyone know approximately what an Uber might cost for that route and if this is a viable option?

Cheers

Len

1 hour ago, Giantfan13 said:

We were wondering if anyone knows about OTHER parking for Cape Liberty instead of the main cruise terminal parking. We are going on a 'longer' cruise and the rate for that time frame well, is a lot more than we would like to pay. I had heard there are some other parking venues maybe a mile or so away (or further) where you can park for a lot less and get shuttled over to the terminal. Anyone know or recommend any such place?

For a last chance, we were thinking of parking at Newark and then taking an Uber over to the terminal. Anyone know approximately what an Uber might cost for that route and if this is a viable option?

Cheers

Len

Prior to the pandemic shutdown here was some fly-by-night operation that was parking cars at some sort of storage or warehouse facility  not far from the port and transporting passengers in a rented van that did not appear to be properly registered for the purpose it was being used. Presumably this operation was put out of business due to the lack of business. The simple answer is no...there never has been a legitimate offsite parking facility close to Cape Liberty.

Right now Uber is estimating a fare of about $56 from EWR to Cape Liberty, but you never know what pricing might be on any particular day. 

4 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

Cheers

Len

Do you live near the port?  Did you get a uber estimate from home?  You can't beat the convenience of parking at cape liberty.  As mentioned above, the off site parking (which was over 2 miles from the terminal) was reported to be horrible (unsecured, dirty, spotty transportation to/from terminal). We live 35 miles from the port.  Driving vs car service is about even dollar wise.  We opt for driving, as not having to worry if your driver wil l show up.  Note: parking at the nyc terminal is so much more expensive that we opt for car service when using NYC Cruise terminal(s).

14 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

Do you live near the port?  Did you get a uber estimate from home?  You can't beat the convenience of parking at cape liberty.  As mentioned above, the off site parking (which was over 2 miles from the terminal) was reported to be horrible (unsecured, dirty, spotty transportation to/from terminal). We live 35 miles from the port.  Driving vs car service is about even dollar wise.  We opt for driving, as not having to worry if your driver wil l show up.  Note: parking at the nyc terminal is so much more expensive that we opt for car service when using NYC Cruise terminal(s).

Yes, I am coming from Long Island, but thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Cheers

Len

I am also looking for information on the parking at the pier, if anyone has done it recently.  I had heard awhile ago (don't remember where) that parking now was about $40 per night.  But recently I've been told & everything I've found says its still $25 per night.  That's a big difference in planning so curious if anyone knows for sure.

10 hours ago, Din321 said:

I am also looking for information on the parking at the pier, if anyone has done it recently.  I had heard awhile ago (don't remember where) that parking now was about $40 per night.  But recently I've been told & everything I've found says its still $25 per night.  That's a big difference in planning so curious if anyone knows for sure.

It's $40 at the Manhattan cruise Terminal, not Cape Liberty. As @Biker19said, at Cape Liberty it was supposed to increase from $25 to $30 but others have reported that the increase hasn't been actually implemented and the port's website http://www.cruiseliberty.com/directions_parking.html still says the parking fee is $25 per day.

Edited by njhorseman

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

It's $40 at the Manhattan cruise Terminal, not Cape Liberty. As @Biker19said, at Cape Liberty it was supposed to increase from $25 to $30 but others have reported that the increase hasn't been actually implemented and the port's website http://www.cruiseliberty.com/directions_parking.html still says the parking fee is $25 per day.

This is what happens when there are no viable competing lots in the area.