Transportation from HNL to Waikiki

cccole

We are arriving at HNL and want to prearrange transportation to a hotel in waikiki, Mauna Surfrider.  I think a taxi is @ 35.  Should a pre arranged car be $65?  Any suggestions for companies to contact? Also, this will be in December 2021.  Thank you, Cherie 

19 hours ago, cccole said:

hotel in waikiki, Mauna Surfrider.  I think a taxi is @ 35.  Should a pre arranged car be $65?  Any suggestions for companies to contact? Also, this will be in December 2021.

It's a short 20 min ride from the airport to the Moana Surfrider. Frankly the easiest thing to do is just grab an Uber or Lyft when you are curbside. 

FlyShuttle Tours runs shuttles to Waikiki that can be prearranged and are the official vendor of your hotel.

There are a few car service companies I'm sure someone else could ramble off-- I am not up to date on them since we haven't used one in a long time but I remember our experiences being overpriced and underwhelming. I would just Uber or Lyft and save yourself a bunch of $$ and time. 

Thank you.  A pre arranged car service is $65 and I was thinking this was a bit expensive since you also have to walk with your luggage to their location.  I seem to remember that a taxi from HNL to Waikiki is @35.  Thank you again for your help.  Cherie 

Hawaii23 is named Hawaii23 because they charge $23 for two people from HNL to Waikiki.There are flat rate cabs for $35, but not all cabs at HNL are flat rate. Charley's Taxi is $29 flat rate. All these prices are before tip.

12 hours ago, Travelexpert35 said:

I’ve used Charlie’s Taxi quite a few times and they are very good. Their flat rate is $29. I usually make my reservation a week or so in advance and then call them from the baggage claim area. Would certainly recommend them.

Do you mean Charley's Taxi? Or is there a firm out there called "Charlie's Taxi"?

https://charleystaxi.com/

• 2 weeks later...

On December 18 I cancelled the arranged transportation for 2 in our group arriving by themselves and they were going to take a taxi.  No as easy as it normally is.  The taxi line was LONG and there were NO taxis.  They got to the hotel via taxi but not for $35.  I wished I had not cancelled their arranged transportation.  Earlier in the day I arrived with 4 others and we enjoyed being driven to our hotel by Top Limo Hawaii.  I think that airport transportation is in demand and not always quick and easy.  We also  used Top Limo for our transportation for 5 from Waikiki to HNL.   

• Like 1

On 12/28/2021 at 1:58 PM, cccole said:

I think that airport transportation is in demand and not always quick and easy.  We also  used Top Limo for our transportation for 5 from Waikiki to HNL.   

It used to be super easy, as you know. Now Covid has added layers of complexity and led to worker shortages. Hoping that one day it will be easy and cheap again.