Own Camera - Waterfalls Of Damajagua

Halo19

Are we allowed to bring our own camera on the excursion with Carnival?

We've gone scuba diving before and we're not told until the excursion started that there would be no personal cameras allowed.    Just don't want the same thing to happen! 

Did not see anything I'm the write up saying no personal cameras, just curious what they say when you actually get there!    Not worried about damaging the camera!

• 1 month later...
On 12/12/2021 at 7:39 AM, Halo19 said:

Are we allowed to bring our own camera on the excursion with Carnival?

We've gone scuba diving before and we're not told until the excursion started that there would be no personal cameras allowed.    Just don't want the same thing to happen! 

Did not see anything I'm the write up saying no personal cameras, just curious what they say when you actually get there!    Not worried about damaging the camera!

I'm not sure, but I suspect they'll give you a hard time. You could check with your vendor. There is a camera person that follows your group if you sign up for their package. I think it was like $50, we split it with another family that was with us on the trip (they would only give us 1 thumb drive though, so I just downloaded it on my computer and gave it to the other family). They wouldn't let us wear our watches on the tour (Samsung and Apple watches).

• Thanks 1

I was on this tour this past December and they gave the impression that we should leave cameras and pretty much all items behind at the start of the tour.  There were a number of people who carried their phones and cameras with them though and took pictures without any comment from the guides.  So, feel free to bring yours along.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...