~*50lbs by October 2006 ~ My 8 Month WW Challenge!*~

raina*faith

Hey, CV...and everyone else. I know I've been remiss in my postings, but as I mentioned in my last message, I just started a new job and I'm buried in the learning curve. :confused:

Last week was my first week and it was difficult, but I stayed on my eating program (I'm doing WW also) and at weight in yesterday, I was down just over 3 pounds. Like that. Now, I'm within 20 pounds of my main goal...though when my cruise gets closer, I'll probably want to lose UNDER my goal. ;)

Hi all - Just spent a couple hours reading all the posts on this thread (in between doing some work for the boss) and thought I'd join in.

I'm John, pushing 64 (really hard), scuba dive for fun, married to a wonderful lady that I couldn't do without, have two kids (DD and DS-both +40's) from a prior marriage, two beautiful DGDs and re-started WW in January. I had lost 42 lbs a few years ago and put it all back and am now working to re-lose it. My goal is 40 lbs by the end of September at one lb. a week. So far, I'm on track with a total loss of 17 lbs to date.

Mother hen - You will note in my signature that I've been on the Explorer twice. The Voyager class ships are my favorite but the Sovereign are great for the quick, short getaways to the Bahamas once-in-a-while.

In fact, we are leaving in two weeks on the Majesty of the Seas for 4 days. Then we have to wait until next December for the Zenith.

Glad to meet everyone here.

Will chat later but got to go satisfy the boss for a while.:D

Hi! Happy to find a WW cruisers thread! I am in my 9th week of flex plan and lost 7.5 lbs. so far. I have 14 more tio reach my goal. I think having something like a cruise in near sight (Freedom of the Seas 7/06!) is helping me right now stay on program. That Easter candy I didn't resist set me back two weeks of up and down a half pound but it just reinforces to me that trigger foods need to stay out of my house! I am not new to WW but I think that this time the life style changes of good eating habits and exercise are finally going to help me to my goal. I'm 52 and seeing several of my female relatives in their 70's and 80's who aren't overweight but have health problems that may have been avoided if they had exercised, walked more, stopped smoking etc. I've never smoked but have been more sedentary than active. Journaling everything and drinking the water has been my key...now MUST exercise! Mary

Glad you joined us. Congrats on your WW choices and the determination in your tone. I wish you all the best. I'm at 30 pounds down on WW. Love the program. I have about 13 pounds to go to reach my FIRST goal. Then I'll decide if I want to stay there, or go lower. WW recommends a much lower number, but at age 53, I have to be realistic. :o Does that make sense? I much more comfortable with my body these days...but will make the decisions later.

Have a great weekend, everyone! My weight in is Sunday, and then I leave for a 3 day tradeshow. UGH! Never easy on the road, and especially at tradeshow 'cause they don't serve much that's edible for me! :(

myself and husband have been doing the WW points since the 1st of Jan and I am down about 20 pounds and he is down 43. He has a lot more to lose than I do..We are on the majesty 6/25 and we both want to lose more before the cruise. I would love to be down another 20 and he would like 30. Unreasonable at this point to set high goals but not impossible. He loves to cook and is cooking healthy. We eat out 2 sometime 3 times a week but we watch what we eat and do not deprive ourselves. I keep telling him he is not getting in enough pts and that needs to change. We also both go to the same gym he goes 5 sometimes 6 days a week I go 3 to 4 this is all helping. Congrats to all those fellow WW people for losing keep up the good work. My weigh in was today and I am down another 1.2 pounds. My other half weighed in on Friday and was also down 1 pound so we are still losing. Stay tune for next weeks weigh in....Must go drink some more crystal light..bye

Good to hear from everybody. This is my second week back at WW, wouldn't you know it ... after having a good first week, I just couldn't make it for the weigh in. I really wanted to see if I'd lost because I think I have, but even though I dashed to the meeting room early in the morning, the WW people hadn't even arrived yet. They must have been running late, and I had contractors coming to put new windows in my house so I had to battle rush hour traffic to get back home in time to let them in. Didn't even get weighed. Oh well, I've been writing everything down, even when I indulged in a piece of pizza and a beer after a hockey game...I wasn't the one playing by the way. Weigh day is Thursday, so I'm hoping for some good news. This water drinking is tough to do some days...have to plan it around access to bathrooms!!!

Have a good week everyone!:)

Hey there,

I'm crusing in October also (NOS) and want to lose 50lbs total. I've lost 20 since January, but it seems like forever...some weeks I see a one to one and a half pound loss, then maintain, then .5...I know it's the healthy way to lose it, but it can be frustrating. I'm not attending ww, but following the points system. I attended a couple years back, so I'm familiar w/counting points. Good luck.

I hope everyone is doing good this week. My hubby will weigh in tomorrow and I hope he breaks his mark and the weight goes down a pound or two. I am affraid he is getting frustrated at his plato. I have told him to change some of his food choices and he has so we will see tomorrow what happens. I do not weigh in until Sunday. Just wanted to drop in and say Hello to all of the fellow ww peeps and tell everyone to keep pushing forward our lbs did not go on over night and will come off twice as slow. Will post again Sunday chat to you all then...

Down 4 pounds! I'm enthused now! Hoping to book the July 2007 celebration cruise next week, I see the itineraries are there now. I want to lose this weight before the high school reunion in August and my very first cruise in September. It really helps to journal what I eat, I think twice before eating everything in sight now. By the way, the new windows look wonderful!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Down 2 lbs this week yeah for me. My poor hubby is still on the platue. I keep telling him change things up and you will start to lose again soon but it might take a month or more. I have to keep him going, I also say staying the same is better than adding back on to the 43 you already lost. Well til next week. Eat healthy and yes journaling is very important. It holds us accountable to what we eat.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been gone for a couple of months now and it feels good to see other people still here! I'm starting up again and I'm back from my pitty party! I still love food, but I hope tomorrow will be a better day! :rolleyes:

WELCOME to everyone I haven't said hello to and thanks for the support! Hello to everyone who knows me. I've missed you all. :o

Good morning, everyone. It's been a while since I checked in...sorry to be absent. So much going on.

I mentioned that I started a new job six weeks ago and that's keeping me very busy. I have a deadline with my publisher, which keeps me busy in the evenings when I get home, too.

The new company has a WW @ Work program, which I've joined. Gone to two meetings so far, and lost nearly 2 pounds for each of the past two weeks. Since August, I've been doing WW Online and it has worked, but these last 20 pounds are so resistant...so I thought meetings might help. Plus it would be a good way to meet some folks at the new company.

So far, I'm less than 15 pounds from my "goal," though I might lower my goal once I get there. I definitely want to be UNDER my goal when I leave for my cruise in November.:cool:

Okay, gotta head to the office now. Have a wonderful day. Make good food choices--it's a decision that becomes a learned behavior until it becomes a habit and lifestyle. :)

Good morning!:p

Hey that's great news! The WWat Work program. I was on it last year at my job. they don't have one here at my new positon, but that's ok.

Thanks for the inspiring quote, I don't know about anyone else, but I needed it this!

Have a great OP day everyone! :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't checked in since a few weeks ago, so thought I'd give an update. Lost more weight...but was .6 pounds away from my 30# mark. UGH! So close. Didn't have a meeting last week 'cause it was Memorial Day and my meetings are at work...so tomorrow I have HIGH hopes of hitting that 30-pound mark. <fingers crossed>:rolleyes:

Hope you are doing well and moving at your own pace to your goals. The goal is persistence, not perfection. It's a lifestyle we have to learn, and we learn the lessons on a daily...no, one meal-by-meal basis. :)

Make good choices and have a great week!

Morning! Another stranger checking in! I know I have not been here for some time. I was bad for 2 months - hardly went to the gym but back on now! It is a slow process but I am getting there!!! Trying to eat better! Down a few pounds too :) Hope everyone is doing well!!

Hang in there Bill! You can do it! :)

Thanks! Had my meeting today...and my weigh in.....................

I was down 1.6 pounds, which puts me at a loss of 31.4 pounds. FINALLY!!! :D Only 16 more pounds for my goal...unless I get "there" and want to lose more. But we'll wait to see on that. :confused:

Have a great week, everyone.

• 2 months later...

Oh my gosh! I was thinking about you guys this morning! And how Sept is almost here and I have done so so bad :( I stopped going to the gym and although I am trying to eat better - dinner time kills me! Ugh!!!!!

Congrats on your weight loss Bill! Keep up the great work !:)

Hello everyone! I'm back. I totally miss everyone here! I've been slacking and that goes for posting too! I've only lost 25 lbs. So, I decided to get started on my new goal for next year's cruise too!

:mad: Uurrgh! I'm frustrated with myself!

:) Bill, I'm so proud of you for hanging in there for us and

:p dolfinmusic-keep at it! I know I will!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, Motherhen. 25 lbs is no small achievement! In over 20 years of trying to lose weight, I've never managed that much. But I'm on target this time and I know I will get there.

Think of the clothes you can wear now that you couldn't before. That must be at least 2 sizes. Way to go!

Mo

thanks potterhill - it would be different if I only had like 50 to loose, but I've got lots more where that came from. I may start a new thread because I'm going on a new cruise in Oct. of next year. Maybe I'll make my goal by then.

Stay OP everyone!

Archived