Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RevNeal

Report from the Noordam - Maiden Voyage

Oh Greg, like the others said the Photos and video are wonderful:) I have spent my morning here at work doing nothing but viewing pictures and watching the video and I have so much work that need to be done:eek:

Sail, it looks like you and DH did a fantastic job. I would love to see the whole ceremony.

All this is just so "DAM' exciting, gee are we HAL groupies or what????:D

Hi RevNeal,

As always I enjoy your style of writing and great photos! I do hope you will share those photos of the German cruise ship passengers you must have taken!!!!! :D

Nobby

Revneal, you have no idea what your pictures have done for me - today in the "frozen tundra" it is -25 with a very strong wind. We are currently in near white-out conditions and have kept all the kiddles indoors for recess and lunch hour. Looking at your beautiful photos with the azure blue water and the palm trees and people in shorts and sleeveless tops makes me feel a lot warmer than I actually am. Thank you for letting me live vicariously through you for a short while.

I'm so glad you're having a wonderful experience - you seem to be the kind of person who deserves such a trip.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Hi Greg:

Yep, from the aft shot it appears that even though the balconies are shorter, they seem a bit more private from above.... I'm wondering about the Navigation deck, but will probably have to wait until July to get a good look (from inside!)....

Of course, if you get a chance.....!

Thanks for all your work in getting us some shots; don't forget to have fun, too! (Wasted phrase there! ;) )

Enjoy!

Paul

Greg, the video was so fabulous!!!! Thank you so much! Here on AOL it opened up automatically and played on the AOL player. Really fun and it gave me a better idea of at least that moment in time.

Thanks for thinking to share it with us!:)

Greg, thank you, thank you, thank you for those beautiful pictures! That water was soooo blue! I can't wait to jump in it.

Oh, my! Oh, my! RuthC's getting excited. :)

Greg, thank you, thank you, thank you for those beautiful pictures! That water was soooo blue! I can't wait to jump in it.

Oh, my! Oh, my! RuthC's getting excited. :)

Jeepers Ruth!!!!!!!

You are so excited you would think that "DAM" ship was made out of chocolate *LOL*

Just teaseing .....hope you have a wonderful time :) :) :)

Greg

Thanks for posting the pictures of the aft of the ship. Hubby and I are staying in one of the rooms on March 4th9 (VA7139). This is an upgrade for us and we are thrilled at the location of the room. My biggest concern that we would have very little privacy from our varandah. I looks a bit different then the Zuderdam. If you get a chance, please peek over the railing from the Lido level and tell me if people are going to be able to see me in my nighty as I relax!!

Elizabeth

You sure made up for not being able to post yesterday! Thanks for your information and pictures.

Revneal and all--

Our group will be embarking when you return. Thanks for all the info and pics. I am really excited and we've all been waiting for the first info to come from the ship. Thank you, thank you. Have a really fun time and make the most of every moment! Lauri

I am sorry to have to make this announcement, but I have been detailed, for obvious reasons, to bring the sad news.

Today on the beach one of our number, Jim of JimandStan, broke his leg and he and Stan have had to leave the ship for emergency medical care. From what I have been told Jim's life is not in any danger, however he is in a great deal of a pain from the break. I have been told that either Jim or Stan will post on the board once they're back in New York (tomorrow or the day after?) and let us know how they're doing.

May God bless them both and bring Jim back to full health quickly so that we can all cruise together, again, in the future.

That was not the sort of news we wanted to hear. But, sad to say, the news needed to be told here and you were the perfect person to pass it on to us. Thanks and we join you in prayer for the health of our fellow CruiseCritic member. :(

I'm so sorry to hear that RevNeal. :( I'll keep Jim in my thoughts and pray that he has a speedy recovery.My heart goes out to both of them during this difficult time.:)

RevNeal

Oh God,

That is terrible. Thank God it is not life threatening, but still a terrible thing to have happen anytime, even more so on vacation.

Wishing Jim a speedy recovery, and both he and Stan will be in my prayers.

That is really too bad, I really feel sorry for them especially Jim. I know they were very helpful in your CC Get Together. My prayers will be with Jim for a speedy recovery.

Greg...we are so sorry to hear about Jim and hope all turns out okay for him and Stan. Keep us posted if you hear anymore.

Can you tell me if there is a Future Cruise Consultant onboard your cruise for booking future cruises?? Also, would love to find out if they are still offering a Shipboard Credit if you book while on the ship. Thanks for whatever info you can give me.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the cruise. We can't wait for April and have now signed up for January as well.

Liz

Oh my gosh, how awful! What a terrible way to have one's vacation come to an end - certainly makes sense to have travel insurance to cover the cost of the transportation back home for both of them. I am sorry they had this happen, but thankful you were able to let us know about it. I pray for a speedy recovery and better luck on their next cruise.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thank you for the wonderful pictures and video! It makes me wish we would have taken more cruises so far and look forward to our next. I'm even getting my husband interested in an Alaska cruise for our 20th wedding anniversary in two years. Someone even mentioned a 2008 innaugural cruise - sounds like something to consider as well.

Keep the pictures coming but ENJOY your cruise!

Blessings!

That is just such sad news for them!!! They looked forward to this cruise for so long and made so many plans for all of you. What a shame! I just feel so awful for them. Darn!!

Just not fair.

I feel so bad to read of Jim's injury. As Heather said, they have looked forward to this cruise for so long. Hope he is more comfortable and is getting good medical care.

Greg:

Sorry to hear about the sad news. I hope he heals well and soon. Tell me have you run into any "kinks" on the ship--things that need to be worked out to make the ship better in future cruises?

Greg:

By the way, I forgot to mention that the pictures and the film clip were--as the teenagers would say--awesome