Hawaii news website

Therese S.

https://beatofhawaii.com/news/ 

The Beat of Hawaii website is full of information about Hawaii conditions on lots of subjects including Covid, vaccination cards for restaurants,  etc whether your cruising or flying.  When inquiring with Discount Hawaii Car Rentals if shuttles would be available for pickup at the port (answer No, not at this time) they directed me to this site.  I was told by Discount Hawaii Car Rentals to check it out as they are usually up to date on the pulse of Hawaii.  

Now with Delta and Omicron my February cruise is looking doubtful, but still hoping it’s a go.  

• Like 1

Considering that we are 8 days from Christmas and I doubt the state government is going to get anything done between Christmas and New Years, we are rapidly running out of time for the early January cruises.

We have been interested in the Hawaii cruises, but after our cruise on the Crown got canceled we have been holding off on booking another one until it is clear that they are actually going to sail.

I have a guess: the NCL cruises that start and end in Honolulu could still easily take place. Everyone who comes to Hawaiʻi for that cruise has to do the state's "Safe Travels" registration to get to the Islands in the first place, thus proving their vaccination or test status before flying in. Layer on NCL's testing requirements, and it seems pretty straightforward.

The way I've heard it expressed in the local Hawaiʻi news, the issue with "restarting cruising" is dealing with a boat inbound from North America or the South Pacific or someplace else outside of Hawaiʻi. They supposedly are working on a way to track these arrivals and make sure people are vaccinated or tested before arriving, but it's not ready yet and it's unclear as to how long it's going to take to work out the details.