2022 Officers & Staff "Where are you now?"

casofilia

On 4/15/2022 at 8:05 PM, YVRteacher said:

Does anyone know if Richard Matic is still with NCL?  I’m also wondering about Dan the Man (not Dan Dan.)

Richard is currently on the Sky. Just sailed with him 3 weeks ago and I can say he is one of the best CD’s. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tricialy said:

The Star just started cruising again, anyone know who the Concierge is and how long they'll be on board? (we sail in June)

Happy Cruising!

It was Nashira Forbes. She was horrible. She never came to get us on embarkation day. We would still be waiting if we didn’t decide to just walk on ourselves. Also was rude to my daughter about seats in the theater! Worst concierge I have ever experienced!!

We are sailing on the STAR in October and then the ESCAPE in November.  I know that it is early, but I'm wondering about officers and concierge on both ships.

Heard some "not so good" about the Star concierge.  Hope she's gone by November.

I also heard that Bowen might be on Escape.  He is wonderful!

I have heard nothing about officers.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Judy

4 hours ago, Travel Junkie Judy said:

We are sailing on the STAR in October and then the ESCAPE in November.  I know that it is early, but I'm wondering about officers and concierge on both ships.

Heard some "not so good" about the Star concierge.  Hope she's gone by November.

I also heard that Bowen might be on Escape.  He is wonderful!

I have heard nothing about officers.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Judy

David Newball is currently Escape concierge and is wonderful. He told me that he is likely to be there in the fall. I believe Bowen is on the Pearl.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 2:16 PM, bdl729 said:

It was Nashira Forbes. She was horrible. She never came to get us on embarkation day. We would still be waiting if we didn’t decide to just walk on ourselves. Also was rude to my daughter about seats in the theater! Worst concierge I have ever experienced!!

Oh dear. We've only ever had one, what we considered useless concierge and that was years ago.  We're on the Star at the end of July. I wonder if she'll still be onboard?

Edited by cassie55

5 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

David Newball is currently Escape concierge and is wonderful. He told me that he is likely to be there in the fall. I believe Bowen is on the Pearl.

Nice to know that David Newball is great.    We have always had wonderful concierges.  I don't know David, but it's nice to know that he is also good. I'm sure that we'll enjoy meeting him.   I see that Gian is now a Concierge.  We had him years ago when he was a Butler.  OMG - he was amazing!   

Judy

Edited by Travel Junkie Judy
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, phissy said:

Gian is  on the Bliss.

Makes me want to book the Bliss!  I mentioned that we had Gian as a Butler - probably 10 years ago.  You can never forget Gian.  He is awesome.  There are so many great Butlers and Concierges on NCL.  I see that there may be one who is less than perfect - and she may be on the Star.  A good Butler should be able to  help alleviate the concierge, but not completely.  Guess we will have to wait and see.......maybe she will improve or maybe it was a personality conflict.

Judy

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 10:54 AM, Quencups said:

Thank you....don't know him 😞

Patrick is one of the best. In my opinion. Have had the pleasure of cruising with him several times. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 5:37 AM, Coastalbreezes said:

Bowen was definitely on the Pearl last week. Really stellar concierge.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/25/2022 at 5:51 PM, FLcruisergrl said:

He is up there with Gian as my favorite so far! Such a sweetheart.

Agree about Alex Nikolic.  He was the absolute best concierge we have encountered on any cruise line.  Professional, responsive, and helpful- he went above and beyond on a few different occasions on our May trip on the Dawn.  We had a disaster cruise with a huge covid outbreak, (it happens) but even with that, will still remember him and our Butler, Roberto Villacruel, as two superstars at NCL.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just a few minutes ago, I was reading a review of the cruise of The Encore that ended this morning.  The lady posting the review said that it was announced at the Q&A yesterday, Captain Martin Holmqvist would be retiring today.  Best Wishes Sir.

anyone know where Gian is now? We are on the Bliss Aug. 20 and would love to see him.  He was on the Gem just before the shut down. I think he got off the ship (end of contract) about a week before- at the end of our cruise.  Hope he made it home.  Would really like it if he is on the Bliss in August.