Cunard Revised Vaccination Policy Announcement

kohl1957

Received this five mins ago

We are sailing in QM2 from Southampton 14 January 2022 to the West Indies

Important update to our vaccination policy.

Booster now a requirement to travel on your voyage.

Dear , we cannot wait to welcome you on board but first, we need to make you aware of an important update to our vaccination policy which supersedes all previous policies.

As the guidance from the UK Government evolves and the entry requirements from countries across the world change on a regular basis, we continue to work with authorities across all the destinations we visit to ensure we comply with their local protocols.

Given the length and complexity of this itinerary, to continue to best protect the health and well-being of our guests, crew and the communities we visit, we have updated our vaccination policy for your voyage on Queen Mary 2, M204P, departing on 01/14/2022.

In order to travel on your voyage, all guests must be fully vaccinated with a booster vaccination at least seven days prior to travel. The definition of "fully vaccinated" being having completed an approved two dose Covid-19 vaccination course with a third booster vaccination (approved by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) or the World Health Organization’s Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL)), or the approved single dose Janssen Covid-19 vaccine with a booster. A single or double dose of any other vaccine will not be accepted.

All guests will also require a negative Covid-19 test prior to boarding, further details on this will be communicated to you separately.

Should you, or any guests on your booking, not meet the requirements of the vaccine policy at the point of your sailing, you are entitled to a free of charge transfer to any other voyage currently on sale or a 100% cash refund on the monies paid to date on your booking. To transfer your booking or request a refund, please contact your travel agent or call us on 1-800-728-6273 if you booked direct. No immediate action is required but please do contact us before you are due to sail.

For the latest information on our protocols and all information to help you plan for your holiday with us, please visit our Covid‑19 Hub.

Edited by kohl1957
  • Like 1

• kohl1957 changed the title to Cunard Revised Vaccination Policy Announcement
36 minutes ago, Harvey2442 said:

A very sensible change to vaccination policy but is it being applied to the QE cruises ex Southampton fron January 2022 as well?

Yes.  I sail on 14 January and have had the email, telling me so.

I received a call (amusingly the caller ID was "Holland America Line"... don't you love Carnival!) from a nice lady advising us of this new requirement and asking if we were "boosted".  

She reaffirmed the cruise is "definitely" (rather lost its meaning lately) going but agreed when I suggested they just take QM2 down to the Caribbean without stopping and soak up the sun for 28 days. "I've been telling them that for months now" she said!  Smart lady.

21 minutes ago, johnnylikely said:

Can u do a walk in?

No as my partner has only been double vaxed for less than two months, and the minimum is 3 months. I am quite disappointed in Cunard as over 18s have only been able to book in the last couple of weeks. We were meant to sail on the QE in September but had to move that as we were not able to be double jabbed at the time of sailing. I understand the logic behind it, but slightly more warning than less than 2 and half weeks would have been nice. I still have yet to receive anything from Cunard or my TA regarding this change.

Just to be clear (again).... I am on QM2 14 January 28 days Southampton-Southampton.  This is, by far the longest Cunard cruise since... well a long time. So the vaccine requirement e-mail and call is specific only to this cruise.  

If you haven't received one for what you're booked on... I suppose you can make your own deductions.

But pretty obvious this is going to be the trend for... everyone and everything.  

• Like 1

It seem pretty obvious to go down that route - after all requiring booster jabs would significantly reduce the chance of passengers or crew getting Covid, and Omicron in particular, and reduce the costs Cunard might need to endure dealing with sick passengers, and also reduce the need to handle costs of disembarking passengers, possibly even whilst at sea - and of course make more passengers enjoy a safe and happy vacation. Nobody loses unless you don't have the booster when you lose the cruise.

4 hours ago, aday10 said:

No as my partner has only been double vaxed for less than two months, and the minimum is 3 months. I am quite disappointed in Cunard as over 18s have only been able to book in the last couple of weeks. We were meant to sail on the QE in September but had to move that as we were not able to be double jabbed at the time of sailing. I understand the logic behind it, but slightly more warning than less than 2 and half weeks would have been nice. I still have yet to receive anything from Cunard or my TA regarding this change.

If you havent been contacted dont assume it applies to you or your cruise. Find out.