Travel shower/toilet chair

loudoncruiser

My husband needs a toilet/shower chair that he can travel with.  Can anyone recommend one that they use and let us know where they bought it.  So many sites say they're not returnable and I'd hate to spend over 1,000 just to find out it doesn't work for him.  Thanks in advance.

What cruise line are you going to be on?   Do you just need this for your cruise?  Is your cruise leaving from Europe or the United States?   

Not knowing some of the details:

You might be able to rent one from https://www.specialneedsatsea.com/reserve-equipment/bath-equipment-rentals/ and have it delivered to your stateroom.

I would also check with your cruise line's Access Department and ask them if they would have one available to use while you're on your cruise.  

And "spend over 1,000"??    Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing but I don't see anything even close to 1,000.    

On 12/29/2021 at 7:05 AM, loudoncruiser said:

We need a rolling combo toilet/shower chair that can fold for travel and those are expensive.   The Special needs website has nothing like what we need but thanks for responding. 

Do check with your cruise line. I know that HAL has shower chair available to use on board if that would help?

Buy an inexpensive folding wheelchair with a vinyl (or something else washable that water won't damage much) seat and back. Cut a suitable hole in the seat. 

One thing to check, if the chair is self propelled, rather than attendant, there may not be enough room for the wheels to reverse far enough for 'acquisition of target' over the toilet. 

6 minutes ago, KBs mum said:

Buy an inexpensive folding wheelchair with a vinyl (or something else washable that water won't damage much) seat and back. Cut a suitable hole in the seat. 

One thing to check, if the chair is self propelled, rather than attendant, there may not be enough room for the wheels to reverse far enough for 'acquisition of target' over the toilet. 

I think collapsible wheelchairs have structural/hinged components beneath seat that would prvent it from fitting over the toilet.  EM

31 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I think collapsible wheelchairs have structural/hinged components beneath seat that would prvent it from fitting over the toilet.  EM

Some fold front to back rather than side to side, there are now lots of variations of suspension and fold methods, might be one that will work well enough, or could be improvised into a commode with a suitable bucket

• 2 weeks later...