**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

1 hour ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Sorry you got the bug. Get well soon. Your plan sounds good.  Are you sure all parties involved will accept a document of recovery letter?

Thank you.

I'm going to have the document of recovery letter in case I need it for Carnival, but I'm not as sure about Canada's rules as they're not so clear to me. It sounds like they require a test. I guess best case scenario is I just test negative with an antigen test.

By the way, great screen name!

• Thanks 1

OK, I did find on this Canadian website that it seems their regulations for entering by cruise are similar to Carnival's, and a positive test 10-90 days before the cruise should be sufficient (although it's confusing as it still says you need to take a test).

https://tc.canada.ca/en/marine-transportation/marine-safety/ship-safety-bulletins/measures-support-safe-cruise-travel-canada-ssb-no-18-2021-modified-april-26-2022 

Pre-Embarkation Testing Requirements for Passengers

To fulfill the above requirements, passengers requiring a pre-embarkation test will need to provide one of the following:

• Evidence of a negative COVID-19 molecular test (e.g. PCR test) – performed on a specimen collected from the person no more than 72 hours prior to their initial boarding of the cruise ship.
  • Evidence of a negative COVID-19 antigen test (e.g. RAT) – performed on a specimen collected from the person no more than 2 days before initially boarding the cruise ship.
  • Evidence of a positive result for a COVID-19 molecular test that was performed on a specimen collected from the person at least 10 days and no more than 180 days before the person initially boards the cruise ship.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, maxandmolly said:

My at home test was missing a component. Had to schedule at a local Walgreens for tomorrow. Leaving Sunday. The rapid test is accepted, correct?

Yes, rapid is A-OK.

I've heard of others having missing components in their proctored tests as well (backups are HANDY).

Tom

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yes, rapid is A-OK.

I've heard of others having missing components in their proctored tests as well (backups are HANDY).

Tom

Thank you. I couldn’t believe it when I opened the box. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mack44 said:

I ended up with 4 extra EMED tests from my cruise that I'm selling back for $25 each if you live in the Salt Lake, Utah area.  Tests don't expire 05/09/2023.  Message me for details.

Asking full retail price seems rather aggressive, but you do you.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, RichYak said:

Asking full retail price seems rather aggressive, but you do you.

Asking them to pay the tax and delivery cost I had to pay for them would be aggressive.  Giving someone who may need them a chance to meet and pickup locally instead of having to wait for delivery seems like a fair deal for me to recoup my cost.  But, you do you.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grambler said:

Sorry if this has been asked but I can’t find a link to purchase Covid test kits on carnival page or in their testing and vaccine info,  can someone tell me where to find it? Thank you!

You can buy them at EMed.com.  They only sell 6-packs.  The Optum Store sells 2 and 3-packs.  https://store.optum.com/shop/category/tests-devices/covid-19-home-tests/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If we are a party of 6, can we buy 3 two-packs? Or do we each need to place an order for our own pack?

I know Navica requires you to open the package with them watching…and then our own codes.   So now that I already ordered multi-packs, I’m stressing that we each need our own pack.  

Yes, no limits with regard to the purchaser and end user(s).

Also, you'll probably want to play it safe and have an extra kit or two - to allow for issues with contents (missing/damaged items), connectivity issues during the test, or problems (dropped testing items out of view, etc).

Tom

• Like 1

Their concern is only that the kits are unopened and unexpired. They do not question who purchased the kits as our six (6) kits were free from our local library. We were able to use 3 on Christmas Day for Sunshine and 3 for 3/26 Vista. This was with the second 3 month extension of the expiration dates.

52 minutes ago, mondello said:

Their concern is only that the kits are unopened and unexpired. They do not question who purchased the kits as our six (6) kits were free from our local library. We were able to use 3 on Christmas Day for Sunshine and 3 for 3/26 Vista. This was with the second 3 month extension of the expiration dates.

do they have to be the ones from the cruise or any home test?

1 hour ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yes, no limits with regard to the purchaser and end user(s).

Also, you'll probably want to play it safe and have an extra kit or two - to allow for issues with contents (missing/damaged items), connectivity issues during the test, or problems (dropped testing items out of view, etc).

Tom

Is that a common problem?  

Just now, 5lilfish said:

Is that a common problem?  

I've read of a couple of instances on here (of missing components). We had one of the four kits we've used thus far that actually had an extra test well and swab - so perhaps we got someone else's, and they got a bad surprise? Also, "stuff happens" - technical or procedural issues. I, for one, would absolutely not feel comfortable not having extras on hand. Most people won't need them... most...

Tom

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 5lilfish said:

do they have to be the ones from the cruise or any home test?

They have to be the proctored test kit for cruise/travel. The home kit with OTC in the bottom corner is just a self-test, non-proctored.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ericr said:

we ordered from radeas inspire  on carnivals site, no tests came and they said mailed after 2 weeks, we then asked for tracking they were unable to supply a valid tracking number, 3 different tracking  numbers and not one was valid and then  they double billed our credit card for 12 tests instead of 6, we reordered from Abbott thank god in time and had to dispute with our credit card, RADEAS is a shady outfit

Wow - thanks for sharing your experience.

6 hours ago, 5lilfish said:

If we are a party of 6, can we buy 3 two-packs? Or do we each need to place an order for our own pack?

I know Navica requires you to open the package with them watching…and then our own codes.   So now that I already ordered multi-packs, I’m stressing that we each need our own pack.  

I would order from emed, much cheaper. The six pack from emed is the cheapest and brings the cost down per test to the lowest. Plus they ship Fed-Ex next-day included in price. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 5lilfish said:

I believe it's no problem to open the outer carton they were shipped in, the cardboard box holding all 6 individual tests. It's the individual test kit that must be opened while on-camera with the proctor. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I would order from emed, much cheaper. The six pack from emed is the cheapest and brings the cost down per test to the lowest. Plus they ship Fed-Ex next-day included in price. 

Emed charges extra for shipping now. It's a very recent change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, sternfanla said:

Any recent experience here from anyone who ordered recently from Abbott on how long it took to get the kits to your door once ordered?

It says 3 days but you never know.

Thanks 

I ordered a 6-pack from Emed last week and it arrived 2 days later.

TESTING REQUIREMENTS (UPDATED 05/04/22)

Except where destination requirements differ*, guests who are up to date with their vaccines may take their test within three days prior to sailing. Up to date means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccinations, including any booster dose, when eligible. 

Above from Carnival's website.  Trying to figure out if this means you would have to have the 2nd booster also if over 50 to be eligible to take test 3 days before cruise?