**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002

CeleBrat

3 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Unvaccinated passengers are required to take a PCR test between 72 and 24 hours from the date of sailing.  They also will take an antigen test at the terminal.  Source:  Have Fun. Be Safe. | COVID-19 Guest Protocols | Carnival Cruise Line (scroll down as needed)

Thank you for this information!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2022 at 5:27 PM, claimee said:

(OK, I hope this doesn't post twice...I lost my comment somewhere.)

Does it matter WHERE we test as long as it's an approved type? I can test with Binax rapid through work (school) and I get a result from our state lab. But I don't want to assume that's fine and have a repeat of my coworker who went to Hawaii only to be refused at the airport -- IN HAWAII. He had to fly back home.

Also, I just heard on the news that the govt is requiring insurance to reimburse up to 8 home tests per person per month...if you can get them!

You can do it anywhere provided it is the approved test.  The issue you might run into is that Carnival requires that you have an approved source monitoring you taking the test.   So the test people here are talking about are Binax but they are an extra cost one that requires that you have someone remotly watching you insert the sampler into your head.

14 hours ago, Will_Dieterich said:

You can do it anywhere provided it is the approved test.  The issue you might run into is that Carnival requires that you have an approved source monitoring you taking the test.   So the test people here are talking about are Binax but they are an extra cost one that requires that you have someone remotly watching you insert the sampler into your head.

It's the school nurse who performs the test, so any idea where I find out if that's acceptable?

I ordered a test from the Optum Store website.  The test came in but has a Nov expiration date.  I was sure I had read that this would be the case and the expiration has been extended for 6 months.  Anyway, I was going to go on to the store website so I could verify that information and print the evidence.  Unfortunately, it will not accept my password.  I chose forgot password and it allowed me to reset it.  Still will not allow me in.  I assume they are slammed with orders and are probably having trouble due to that.  My fear is that they go belly up and I get stuck with a test that will do me no good.

Is anyone else having trouble logging in?  I read on multiple other threads on this forum where people were requesting new kits with valid dates.  Have I missed a change in the plans?  If so, could someone point me to the most current information?

Thanks 

3 hours ago, jeffr6596 said:

I ordered a test from the Optum Store website.  The test came in but has a Nov expiration date.  I was sure I had read that this would be the case and the expiration has been extended for 6 months.  Anyway, I was going to go on to the store website so I could verify that information and print the evidence.  Unfortunately, it will not accept my password.  I chose forgot password and it allowed me to reset it.  Still will not allow me in.  I assume they are slammed with orders and are probably having trouble due to that.  My fear is that they go belly up and I get stuck with a test that will do me no good.

Is anyone else having trouble logging in?  I read on multiple other threads on this forum where people were requesting new kits with valid dates.  Have I missed a change in the plans?  If so, could someone point me to the most current information?

Thanks 

we just got our order from Optum last week and the expiration is November 2022…

All the recent shipments have been for late this year.  Is yours also for 2022???

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wesorbeth said:

I have four tests we won't be able to use for our April cruise, I ordered them in October and the "extended" expiration is Jan. 15th, I will be ordering more soon...

Contact them and tell them your kits will expire before you can use them.  For these older kits sometimes they will give you a refund.  It’s at least worth a try.

All kits being shipped now have a good expiration date of Nov. 2022

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jeffr6596 said:

I ordered a test from the Optum Store website.  The test came in but has a Nov expiration date. 

Thanks 

Mine arrived today with a November 2022 expiration date.  Double check your date, just in case? 

I should clarify.  My expiration date is Nov 6 but my departure date is Jan 29.  So from all I have read today it should be fine.  It’s a good thing because getting new tests is becoming more and more difficult.  That is the reason I ordered them a few weeks ago.  I was afraid if there was a spike, getting a test last minute may be difficult.

Lindya,

I emailed the observer re: I ordered 2 tests but they only sent me one login for scheduling the appointment.  I was told that they only offer 1 email for each order.  She said they could set up another email or we could both test during the one appointment.  I clarified...both may be observed at one appointment time.

Janie

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I ordered for the whole group, 4 of us.  We each used our own phone and created our own passwords.  Had no trouble when we took the monitored test today.  All neg!  One bit of advice - it's good to have a little tripod or some way to keep your phone aimed at the test card for 15 minutes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Haven't seen this addressed yet. Perhaps not the right forum. My wife and I, fully vaccinated, tested positive and come off quarantine tomorrow (1/16). We are scheduled to sail on 1/31. We are concerned that pre-cruise test results may come back positive, even though we will have been sufficiently recovered. Has anyone experienced a similar situation? if so, what was your outcome? Thanks in advance.

On 1/6/2022 at 9:44 PM, csm5986142 said:

I just received an email from our doctor's office explaining that due to short supply, they will no longer do covid tests for travel.  I can't find any place locally that will administer the test unless you have symptoms.  So, I just ordered 6 more from of the proctored home tests from EMED.  We don't cruise until February, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

For those of you who are able to find two (let alone one) appointment for covid tests locally, I'm jealous! 🙂

I'll bet the same people who hoarded toilet paper are hoarding tests as well - buying up more home tests than they can possibly use and making multiple test appointments that they'll either cancel last minute or be no-shows.

On 1/14/2022 at 7:35 PM, lindya said:

Can I order the tests from optum for all 4 in our traveling party or do you each have to order your own individually ? For instance can the 2 pack be used by 2 different people?

that is my question as well. 

• Like 1

I have a cruise on the 29th. CVS just cancelled my test for Rapid Antigen. Book a test at another CVS. Walgreens offers Antigen (Binaxnow and ID Now). Only ID Now is in my area. Is it acceptable for Carnival? Carnival site does not use same terminology as Walgreen. Anyone used American Family Care.

57 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

I have a cruise on the 29th. CVS just cancelled my test for Rapid Antigen. Book a test at another CVS. Walgreens offers Antigen (Binaxnow and ID Now). Only ID Now is in my area. Is it acceptable for Carnival? Carnival site does not use same terminology as Walgreen. Anyone used American Family Care.

I use AFC on Long Island (NY) all the time, and have an appt. for this Friday as we cruise Sunday.  Very efficient - I get the rapid test there.  It was acceptable for Italy trip I had in Sept. when things were really "tight" with testing.

Edited by pe4all
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Safe77 said:

Haven't seen this addressed yet. Perhaps not the right forum. My wife and I, fully vaccinated, tested positive and come off quarantine tomorrow (1/16). We are scheduled to sail on 1/31. We are concerned that pre-cruise test results may come back positive, even though we will have been sufficiently recovered. Has anyone experienced a similar situation? if so, what was your outcome? Thanks in advance.

Get the OTC test from Walgreens or CVS, 2 test come in the box, cost around $23.00 and run a test.

Fred

Does Carnival accept self tests through Switch Health?  I am Canadian travelling to Miami for a cruise in February but can't seem to find on Carnival's website or other site if this brand of self test is acceptable for Carnival.  Please let me know if anyone has heard about Switch Health being accepted. Tx.

So I'm looking at purchasing some BinaxNow proctored tests from the link on Carnival's website. There

are 4 of us sailing over Spring Break (3rd week of March), 2 adults & 2 pre-teens. Do you folks recommend that I buy more than 4 tests? They offer a 2-pack or 3-pack. By buying a pair of 3-packs, I'm possibly going to be sitting on 2 unused test kits. I've read the stories about faulty kits with empty liquid bottles, etc. which concerns me. Is it good insurance to have those 2 extra kits on standby?

We are just over a month away and I decided I better start figuring out the best testing for us. Is eMed a good source? When I look at their page it says they sell 6 tests for $150. We will need 2 for our March cruise and 2 for a May cruise. I assume we can use the 6 for both cruises?  We thought about doing the testing at port but it’s much more expensive. Our cruise leaves on a Sunday, and we fly to Florida the day before, so I’m thinking test on Friday. Any better options? Our local Walgreens have all been booked up solid from what I’ve seen. TIA!