Jump to content

**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002


CeleBrat
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 1/7/2022 at 8:35 PM, day-day said:

Many countries allow rapid antigen test for entry including the UK.

The UK no longer requires ANY TEST for fully vaccinated.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mlgb said:

The UK no longer requires ANY TEST for fully vaccinated.

According to this, Travel to England from another country during coronavirus (COVID-19) - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) testing is still required for vaccinated but it is done after arrival.  This was updated on January 9.  Do you have a link to a more recent update?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That is correct but you do not have to test before you get on your flight or "for entry".  A LFT (antigen test) required within 48 hours AFTER entry is all that is needed for fully vaccinated. 

Edited by mlgb
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, mlgb said:

That is correct but you do not have to test before you get on your flight or "for entry".  A LFT (antigen test) required within 48 hours AFTER entry is all that is needed for fully vaccinated. 

LOL  As I said, a test is required "for entry" but done after arrival.  The main point originally was that the antigen test was acceptable for the UK and not just a PCR.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am active duty military and able to get tested at military clinic on base. My question is, will the cruise line accept those results at the counter? I have attached what the military results look like, not sure what results look like from an off base clinic. Please someone let me know. I booked my cruise myself, so I don’t really have a “vacation planner” to ask. Thanks!

7B574612-7FA6-4E74-95CB-7D61B17CE097.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rhitson88 said:

I am active duty military and able to get tested at military clinic on base. My question is, will the cruise line accept those results at the counter? I have attached what the military results look like, not sure what results look like from an off base clinic. Please someone let me know. I booked my cruise myself, so I don’t really have a “vacation planner” to ask. Thanks!

 

The relevant portion of Carnival's COVID-19 guest protocols at Have Fun. Be Safe. | COVID-19 Guest Protocols | Carnival Cruise Line :

 

Guests should review their pre-cruise test results, i.e., a laboratory test record, digital certificate or healthcare record, and ensure it indicates their full legal name, date of birth, type of test, date and time sample was taken, test result stating “NEGATIVE” or “NOT DETECTED” and laboratory, testing site, and/or healthcare provider details.

 

You'll have to review the full results to make sure it has the other items they desire.  Good luck, and thank you for your service.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, simplelife said:

Optum site has Binax Now Ag in stock again. Bought two for $69 today, Free shipping.

We used the same tests for a Princess cruise last December, we both passed!  When you get the kits, download their app, very easy.  Tests were easy, logged on and we had a person monitor the test.  They exit the screen but leave a timer on, at 15 minutes someone else came on and asked us what the results were, I dont think they could actually see them.  Once they accept your response they submit your results in your app. also send you and email.  Very smooth process for both of us.  When were went to the terminal we just showed the app. with results......very easy, good luck!!!!

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wanted to give all of you a very quick data point with respect to the Emed 6 pack.

 

- Ordered Friday, 1/21 early afternoon; approved by end of day.

- Shipped Monday, 1/24 early afternoon

- Delivered Tuesday, 1/25 afternoon about 3p.

 

Here's the thing that I want all of you to be aware of however.  Emed did not update their own reporting systems and provide us with a FedEx tracking number until just now, Wednesday morning 1/26.  We were unaware that the delivered box was sitting on our dark porch overnight!  As soon as I saw the tracking info, I knew to check in today's daylight and there it was!  Lesson: keep your eyes peeled in all the locations the FedEx delivery person might use.  Your package may arrive before Emed provides you with tracking info.

 

One more thing.  Our expiry is January 2023.

 

Safe and happy sailing everyone!

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, simplelife said:

Optum site has Binax Now Ag in stock again. Bought two for $69 today, Free shipping.

We got ours @ Sam's Club a few weeks ago for $14 a box!  They did say they had a limited supply and no more were coming in.  They had a limit of 5 per customer and I am 100% certain some people bought all 5 and sold them on ebay for a hefty profit.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Are you certain these are the BinaxNow ag tests with the Navica telehealth call?

 

Yep.  There are a couple of types of packaging, the dropper may be different, but the test card and swab are the same.

 

Navica scan on the card and all.

 

Walgreens used to sell them for $23.99 before they ran out here:

 

ABT_86822_BnxNW_COVID_19_Group_QR_05cTD-1030x530.jpg

 

EDIT:  I just scanned the box with the Navica App and away it went.  So they are valid.  I haven't gone the entire "tele health" bit because we have tests scheduled tomorrow.  These are the "C" option.

 

Plan "A" is the actual test tomorrow.  If we do not get the results early Friday morning, Plan "B" is to head to urgent care and tell them we have been exposed.  You will get a Rapid PCR test and you will be on your way in 20-30 minutes with results before you get home.  Plan "C" is the at home test and Plan "D" is to pay for testing at the airport or somewhere else in Florida for travel.  There are about 3 options for that, so I guess "E" and "F"?

Edited by MerIin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MerIin said:

 

Yep.  There are a couple of types of packaging, the dropper may be different, but the test card and swab are the same.

 

Navica scan on the card and all.

 

Walgreens used to sell them for $23.99 before they ran out here:

 

ABT_86822_BnxNW_COVID_19_Group_QR_05cTD-1030x530.jpg

 

EDIT:  I just scanned the box with the Navica App and away it went.  So they are valid.  I haven't gone the entire "tele health" bit because we have tests scheduled tomorrow.  These are the "C" option.

 

Plan "A" is the actual test tomorrow.  If we do not get the results early Friday morning, Plan "B" is to head to urgent care and tell them we have been exposed.  You will get a Rapid PCR test and you will be on your way in 20-30 minutes with results before you get home.  Plan "C" is the at home test and Plan "D" is to pay for testing at the airport or somewhere else in Florida for travel.  There are about 3 options for that, so I guess "E" and "F"?

If the box you have looks exactly like the picture you posted, it won't work for travel. Note the "OTC' on the bottom left. What is needed is the "Rx Only" one. That's the one that includes the telemed visit. Here's what the box should look like:

26468502_20210916_covidtests_0025.jpg

Edited by RichYak
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just got off the phone with Carnival and am so frustrated..The rep I spoke to assured me that our OBC and Cheers package which were both given as incentives to rebook from 2 previous Carnival cancellations would transfer with our FCC if we happened to test positive prior to our upcoming 1/31 cruise.....I doubt that is correct but the part I'm concerned most about is that I mentioned we were testing 2 days prior (Saturday for a Monday cruise) .he was adamant that it had to be 48 hours prior to our boarding time which is 1-130p...our tests are Sat am before noon and cannot be changed..I have read all over this forum and even Carnival website says 2 days with no mention of 48 hours!.He transferred me to a supervisor as I questioned his information ..I held an hour and 20 minutes and then went to the survey without ever getting a supervisor..UGH!  So now I'm worried about the tests being rejected if he was correct....I doubt arguing that this forum gave me different info will be enough if we get rejected at the terminal...can anyone who has tested more that 48 hours but within the 2 day requirements confirm this was not an issue?  I can't imagine that it wouldn't be mentioned everywhere if that was the case..so over all the stress of this relaxing vacation already..haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lindya said:

I just got off the phone with Carnival and am so frustrated..The rep I spoke to assured me that our OBC and Cheers package which were both given as incentives to rebook from 2 previous Carnival cancellations would transfer with our FCC if we happened to test positive prior to our upcoming 1/31 cruise.....I doubt that is correct but the part I'm concerned most about is that I mentioned we were testing 2 days prior (Saturday for a Monday cruise) .he was adamant that it had to be 48 hours prior to our boarding time which is 1-130p...our tests are Sat am before noon and cannot be changed..I have read all over this forum and even Carnival website says 2 days with no mention of 48 hours!.He transferred me to a supervisor as I questioned his information ..I held an hour and 20 minutes and then went to the survey without ever getting a supervisor..UGH!  So now I'm worried about the tests being rejected if he was correct....I doubt arguing that this forum gave me different info will be enough if we get rejected at the terminal...can anyone who has tested more that 48 hours but within the 2 day requirements confirm this was not an issue?  I can't imagine that it wouldn't be mentioned everywhere if that was the case..so over all the stress of this relaxing vacation already..haha

I went on the Valor a few weeks ago. I did my test on a Saturday morning around 7am and checked in for boarding on Monday at 10:30.  No issues, it wasn’t questioned at all.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, lindya said:

I just got off the phone with Carnival and am so frustrated..The rep I spoke to assured me that our OBC and Cheers package which were both given as incentives to rebook from 2 previous Carnival cancellations would transfer with our FCC if we happened to test positive prior to our upcoming 1/31 cruise.....I doubt that is correct but the part I'm concerned most about is that I mentioned we were testing 2 days prior (Saturday for a Monday cruise) .he was adamant that it had to be 48 hours prior to our boarding time which is 1-130p...our tests are Sat am before noon and cannot be changed..I have read all over this forum and even Carnival website says 2 days with no mention of 48 hours!.He transferred me to a supervisor as I questioned his information ..I held an hour and 20 minutes and then went to the survey without ever getting a supervisor..UGH!  So now I'm worried about the tests being rejected if he was correct....I doubt arguing that this forum gave me different info will be enough if we get rejected at the terminal...can anyone who has tested more that 48 hours but within the 2 day requirements confirm this was not an issue?  I can't imagine that it wouldn't be mentioned everywhere if that was the case..so over all the stress of this relaxing vacation already..haha

Update: got in touch with a second rep that also stated the incentives to rebook would stay in place and that it was definitely 2 days .so anytime on Saturday..not 48 hours

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I scheduled a test at Walmart for 9:00 am Tuesday and I sail today (Thursday).  There were no rapid test slots available in my area so I went ahead and scheduled a PCR one.  Results were promised 48-72 hours so I didn’t hold out much hope.  
 

I do have a few home proctored tests as back up in case I didn’t get the results back in time.  Those are already spoken for though.  
 

it’s now been 48 hours and I just received my negative test in time.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A friend of mine took her covid tests3 days before departure and did not have a problem boarding. (Test on a sunday. Boarding Wednesday) Anyone have a similar experience.i thought cruiseline a stickler for timimg.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A few questions. 

1. Has anyone fully vaccinated with no symptoms tested positive and took a second test the next day and was negative?

2. If you were fully vaccinated and tested positive, after quarantining, how long before you will test negative 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, RichYak said:

If the box you have looks exactly like the picture you posted, it won't work for travel. Note the "OTC' on the bottom left. What is needed is the "Rx Only" one. That's the one that includes the telemed visit. Here's what the box should look like:

26468502_20210916_covidtests_0025.jpg

 

I am not 100% sure that's accurate.  If you read the information on their website down in the section where it says "IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION" you will read:

 

"The BinaxNOW COVID-19 Ag Card 2 Home Test is to be performed only with the supervision of a telehealth proctor."

 

https://www.abbott.com/corpnewsroom/diagnostics-testing/over-the-counter-rapid-COVID-19-testing-in-your-hands.html

 

Also, the picture is of the test kit I posted is in that article. 

 

If you poke around their website you will come to this page:

 

https://www.abbott.com/BinaxNOW-Tests-NAVICA-App.html

 

Same test kit, same test card, same instructions, different packaging - ALL work with Navica. 

 

Now, you may be right that a telemed isn't "included" but that doesn't mean it can't be used for travel.  Not all modes of travel require a telemed visit, just a test result that is verified. Anyone can do a telemed visit, it isn't exclusive to the kit you bought.  Whether you pay for that visit or not, maybe that's the difference.  But, it's definitely valid for travel.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Host Carolyn unpinned, pinned, locked and unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Announcement: Sail with Marella Cruises ~ Sponsored by Marella Cruises
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Princess Cruises - Medallion Masters!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...