Jump to content

**** CARNIVAL COVID TESTING THREAD #2 **** JANUARY 6, 2002


CeleBrat
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ledges1 said:

A few questions. 

1. Has anyone fully vaccinated with no symptoms tested positive and took a second test the next day and was negative?

2. If you were fully vaccinated and tested positive, after quarantining, how long before you will test negative 

 

I know of no one who didn't have symptoms that tested positive so I can't speak to that.

 

My daughter got Covid in November.  They told her she could test positive for up to 90 days afterwards.  I verified that with my Doctor and the nurses I dealt with today when I got my test.

 

How true that is?  Apparently it's true for some people otherwise I don't know why they would tell someone that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, geckoaz said:

A friend of mine took her covid tests3 days before departure and did not have a problem boarding. (Test on a sunday. Boarding Wednesday) Anyone have a similar experience.i thought cruiseline a stickler for timimg.

They were supposed to be stricter, it's a whole new world out there 🙃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It really depends on how strict the person checking your documents at the terminal wants to be and how willing you are to be sent home without getting on the cruise. Because once they put that check stamp on my boarding pass, nobody looked at my vax card or test result for the remainder of my cruise.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, ledges1 said:

A few questions. 

1. Has anyone fully vaccinated with no symptoms tested positive and took a second test the next day and was negative?

2. If you were fully vaccinated and tested positive, after quarantining, how long before you will test negative 

I have seen research that a PCR test will give a positive post covid longer than the rapid antigen tests ..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, staceyglow said:

I would NOT risk it.

Agreed.  For our December cruise, the person checking our test docs really took the time to go over them.  I started getting nervous thinking she had found something wrong with them!  Then the person who checked us in to the cruise really looked at our vax cards, too. No way would I risk it and end up being told you can't board because the test wasn't taken in the required time frame.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, geckoaz said:

A friend of mine took her covid tests3 days before departure and did not have a problem boarding. (Test on a sunday. Boarding Wednesday) Anyone have a similar experience.i thought cruiseline a stickler for timimg.

Did your friend do this on purpose, or was she unaware of the time frame to test? Also, in the beginning, it was 3 days. How long ago did she sail? If it was recent, she got real lucky.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another thing to mention is at the start of the restart, Carnival allowed tests 3 days before for vaccinated guests. I don't remember when, but at some point they started requiring vaccinated cruisers to show a negative test two days prior. So it depends on when OP's friend's cruise was.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

She just boarded with her boyfriend yesterday. I will let you know if she had to get another test. They did not get tested on monday because they had to work. She is on a royal ship but i wodered if anyone heard of this recently on carnival. I warned that she might need another test. Believe me i did not take any chances on december cruise. I thought ships had no exceptions

Edited by geckoaz
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, geckoaz said:

She just boarded with her boyfriend yesterday. I will let you know if she had to get another test. They did not get tested on monday because they had to work. She is on a royal ship but i wodered if anyone heard of this recently on carnival. I warned that she might need another test. Believe me i did not take any chances on december cruise. I thought ships had no exceptions

She got VERY lucky and should have been turned away at the port.  I would never chance that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

Agreed.  For our December cruise, the person checking our test docs really took the time to go over them.  I started getting nervous thinking she had found something wrong with them!  Then the person who checked us in to the cruise really looked at our vax cards, too. No way would I risk it and end up being told you can't board because the test wasn't taken in the required time frame.

 

There's no issues with using the QR code form the state right? I don't want to risk damaging or losing my actual vaccine card.

 

Proof of vaccination, as follows, will be required at the terminal in advance of boarding:
  • Original vaccination record issued by the country’s health authority (i.e., U.S. CDC's Vaccination Record Card). A digital COVID-19 Certificate (QR code acceptable), a record of COVID-19 vaccination from a healthcare provider (original digital email accepted), and a personal electronic health record or government Immunization Information System record is also acceptable. Copies or photos are not accepted.
Edited by nXt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I went to order the Abbott tests earlier this week from the Carnival link they were out-of-stock.. there was a second link which eventually took me to Inspire Diagnostics. I received the tests today and the instructions say to schedule video observation but gives no instructions where or how.. no numbers or website. The Inspire Diagnostics website is no help. I called their number I found on Google and went to voicemail. Anyone dealt with them. Hope I didn’t just waste $120. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Leedixie123 said:

When I went to order the Abbott tests earlier this week from the Carnival link they were out-of-stock.. there was a second link which eventually took me to Inspire Diagnostics. I received the tests today and the instructions say to schedule video observation but gives no instructions where or how.. no numbers or website. The Inspire Diagnostics website is no help. I called their number I found on Google and went to voicemail. Anyone dealt with them. Hope I didn’t just waste $120. 

I also got my tests from Inspire. They sent me an email to go to the site to make an appointment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone sailing soon on Carnival Letter today from Carnival with option to schedule at pier (ours is short Long Beach cruise)  a Covid Antigen test.

The  email says $10, (note the comma) but when went to register each test was $100. So was the comma a typo for a zero? 

Decided to go with Binax Proctored home tests, ordered Th pm, supposed to arrive Monday. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2022 at 3:46 PM, MerIin said:

We got ours @ Sam's Club a few weeks ago for $14 a box!  They did say they had a limited supply and no more were coming in.  They had a limit of 5 per customer and I am 100% certain some people bought all 5 and sold them on ebay for a hefty profit.

This may not be the test with the Proctor, they sell the same brand test to use without telemed visit

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We are traveling in a few weeks and just got our tests in the mail.

Question, are folks getting more than one per person in case someone in the party has an "Inconclusive" result?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, eppler said:

We are traveling in a few weeks and just got our tests in the mail.

Question, are folks getting more than one per person in case someone in the party has an "Inconclusive" result?

I think the general consensus is, yes it's a good idea to get more than one per person. Just added "insurance" if a bottle is empty, or if you drop the swab on the floor, etc.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, I thoughts that might be smart.

I also see that in person testing is available at Quest locations but they are not open on the weekends.

I assume that means since the cruise leaves Monday that I can't go that route (ie testing on Friday).

 

Guess I need to order a few more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eppler said:

We are traveling in a few weeks and just got our tests in the mail.

Question, are folks getting more than one per person in case someone in the party has an "Inconclusive" result?

Yes, backups.In case error in test itself, user error.  My reasoning, any cost of two was $80 so figured six to have for 180 total with shipping was logical. Also plan on bring a few with if need be. I can use extras in future convince husband we need to cruise to use up tests lol. Hoping to bet free hime tests soon, and lretesr before doing proctored cruise test end of Feb. - Suzy

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For my previous travels I was able to schedule a no-cost COVID test at CVS/MinuteClinic using their website, up to 13 or 14 days out.  

When I went to their site to schedule a test for my upcoming cruise, after answering the questions (not exposed, don't work in healthcare, etc.) the website states flatly "You do not qualify for no-cost testing; your cost will be $139."   😮  

 

Is this new?  Is this nationwide, regional, or just in my area (north of Atlanta, GA)?    

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Pellaz said:

For my previous travels I was able to schedule a no-cost COVID test at CVS/MinuteClinic using their website, up to 13 or 14 days out.  

When I went to their site to schedule a test for my upcoming cruise, after answering the questions (not exposed, don't work in healthcare, etc.) the website states flatly "You do not qualify for no-cost testing; your cost will be $139."   😮  

 

Is this new?  Is this nationwide, regional, or just in my area (north of Atlanta, GA)?    

 

I just tried a mock booking and answered "Yes" to the first two questions. I think those are fair and reasonable answers. I didn't get the $139 response that you received.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RichYak said:

I just tried a mock booking and answered "Yes" to the first two questions. I think those are fair and reasonable answers. I didn't get the $139 response that you received.

 

Those are presumably the "have you been exposed" type questions, right?  

Wouldn't they wonder why I'd be booking a test 13 days out, when I'm indicating (technically falsely) that I've been exposed recently or something similar?   

I'm afraid that if I wait to book a test closer to our embark date, all the slots will then be full, since they seem to go really fast.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Pellaz said:

 

Those are presumably the "have you been exposed" type questions, right?  

Wouldn't they wonder why I'd be booking a test 13 days out, when I'm indicating (technically falsely) that I've been exposed recently or something similar?   

I'm afraid that if I wait to book a test closer to our embark date, all the slots will then be full, since they seem to go really fast.  

 

For CVS, I believe the first question is if you need the test for travel. I answered Yes to that question and No to all the others, and I was allowed to schedule the test. I'm in CA, but that was my recent experience.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Host Carolyn unpinned, pinned, locked and unlocked this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Announcement: Sail with Marella Cruises ~ Sponsored by Marella Cruises
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Princess Cruises - Medallion Masters!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...