Enchanted 1/9-1/29-Updates/Questions

Jadn13

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Was there any reason why there were no production shows being presented on the Enchanted? 😢

I hope things change in the near future. 

Covid is the only reason currently, we won’t have any for this 20 day stretch

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Was there any reason why there were no production shows being presented on the Enchanted? 😢

I hope things change in the near future. 

When people play fast and loose with the Covid rules, staff get sick and can't do shows.😪

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, jwattle said:

When people play fast and loose with the Covid rules, staff get sick and can't do shows.😪

Too many earlier posts to comb through, but would you say the crew was playing fast and loose and some of the performers caught it?  Or, were the crew masks insufficient to keep them Covid-free?

4 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Too many earlier posts to comb through, but would you say the crew was playing fast and loose and some of the performers caught it?  Or, were the crew masks insufficient to keep them Covid-free?

Singers don't wear masks when singing; then contacts (bandmates) have to quarantine; this is more reaching over into other posts that we've been on. I would say that the crew has been pretty darn careful; they've been masking, they use a dining room instead of the crew mask; they aren't socializing in the crew bar (drinks are grab and go for them from what was said). They have more to lose than we do; it's their livelihood if there is another pause.

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

How many crew have you seen not wearing masks on the cruises you have been on.   They have been wearing KN95 on the three cruises (Nov and Dec)  we have been on. Some have even had double masks on.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

How many crew have you seen not wearing masks on the cruises you have been on.   They have been wearing KN95 on the three cruises (Nov and Dec)  we have been on. Some have even had double masks on.

That's in public - we have no idea what's going on behind the public areas.  I don't see anything as I have not been on the ships yet.  I am just asking a question because a crew member could potentially catch Covid from another crew as well as a guest.

52 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

But wait...everyone is vaccinated and tested and wears a mask, so how can this be possible??  Hummm...maybe because masks don't work and/or the crew/performers don't follow the protocols when out of site of the passengers.   Or because there is no way to actually stop the spread of this virus.

Not everyone on a cruise ship wears a mask or wears it correctly.  Wearing masks which may prevent or not prevent the virus is what cruise lines require at this time.     I  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

No one has any idea what the crew does in their own areas.

I suspect their asked to mask up but we all know how much good it does at times. 

1 hour ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

But wait...everyone is vaccinated and tested and wears a mask, so how can this be possible??  Hummm...maybe because masks don't work and/or the crew/performers don't follow the protocols when out of site of the passengers.   Or because there is no way to actually stop the spread of this virus.

I see what you did there .... 

Mr Bean Weird Face GIF - Mr Bean Weird Face Hmpf - Discover & Share GIFs

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The production shows were never listed so it wasn’t as though people got sick snd the shows were removed. Over the last 15 days they haven’t even been listed on the schedule. 
(people may still be in quarantine from prior cruises) 

• Thanks 2

On 1/18/2022 at 6:55 PM, dwhogan27 said:

Is there a trick to getting the security photo uploaded? It keeps saying 'something went wrong, try again later"

Off hand I'd say just don't sweat it. I haven't been able to buy wi fi. It's the blasted app 😠  you'll get your picture taken at the pier.

7 hours ago, sunsetme said:

any independent vendors at Barbados cruise port?? Looking for Spenser Ambrose, he has started taking some cruisers (not necessarily Princess passengers).

I was able to book with Spencer and Silver Moon Catamaran for Barbados. I'm leaving 1/29; both are approved.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jadn13 said:

The production shows were never listed so it wasn’t as though people got sick snd the shows were removed. Over the last 15 days they haven’t even been listed on the schedule. 
(people may still be in quarantine from prior cruises) 

It would have been nice if they had released a statement to the passengers as to what happened. I could understand if they were sick & didn't have sufficient replacements to continue the shows but to say nothing is very disappointing. 

I only hope the guest entertainers at least have their routines undated. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

would you say the crew was playing fast and loose  Or, were the crew masks insufficient to keep them Covid-free?

c'mon REALLY?. 99.95% of the time I have seen crew wear masks in public areas (only exception that I have seen was one officer adjusting her mask as she came out of a doorway) I have been stunningly impressed by their vigilance. They are KN95 masks. Officer told me production shows on hold because of a couple asymptomatic cases he said that he must emphasize asymptomatic.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Hello,

Is it possible to see a spa price list or details of any offers onboard by any chance?

Also, are there lockers in the changing room in The Enclave? I assume there are but thinking about my embarkation and planning, planning, planning....

So excited and a bit hyper already. 64 days to go. Waaaaaaaahhhh! 

😎

1 hour ago, jeanandjim said:

c'mon REALLY?. 99.95% of the time I have seen crew wear masks in public areas (only exception that I have seen was one officer adjusting her mask as she came out of a doorway) I have been stunningly impressed by their vigilance. They are KN95 masks. Officer told me production shows on hold because of a couple asymptomatic cases he said that he must emphasize asymptomatic.

So, the sick crew was confined to a couple of asymptomatic cases with performers?  Then, it seems a pretty minor situation - hardly newsworthy.  Of course the crew is diligent in public, but we don't know what is going on behind closed doors.  Not trying to imply they aren't careful, but it seems some posters are assuming if a crew member catches Covid, it came from a guest.  Asymptomatic cases shouldn't be a surprise to anyone - pretty prevalent these days among the vaccinated and boosted who catch it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrsFloody said:

Hello,

Is it possible to see a spa price list or details of any offers onboard by any chance?

Also, are there lockers in the changing room in The Enclave? I assume there are but thinking about my embarkation and planning, planning, planning....

So excited and a bit hyper already. 64 days to go. Waaaaaaaahhhh! 

😎

If you log onto princess.com and pull up your trip it should list spa services with the prices.  Some days are more expensive than others - ie, days at sea for a massage is more expensive than a day in port.

• Thanks 1