Is cruising safe now with expanding Covid-19

stromer

Please talk me into taking my Tahiti cruise on Jan 16 on the Windstar Star Breeze and not cancel.  My wife thinks there is too much risk with Covid spreading so rapidly.  She saw the CDC information that says 80 to 90 ships or so are under investigation.  It is not clear what that means.  She thinks that means most cruise ships have Covid breakouts and thus it would be very dangerous to go on a cruise now.  It must mean something else since most lines are not canceling their cruises.
Also is there any data on how many people have got Covid on all of the cruises in Tahiti since the cruises started up recently?  I think it is less than 10.

Is there any information on the percentage of people who test positive on a cruise ship vs on land in the USA - varies per state.
Any advice or information would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rick

Rick,

I feel sooooooo badly for you. Such a dilemma! And know that you've been eagerly waiting this for a long time. Hope that someone gives you some firm answers that could help you make a better assessment and decision. I don't know what I'd do in your shoes. I know my dh would demand that we go and I'd be more hesitant. Don't want to fly all the way over there and have the cruise cut short, or have to quarantine. I'd take the FCC at a time when you are 85% sure that the cruise will proceed as planned and be able to rest easier.

18 hours ago, stromer said:

Please talk me into taking my Tahiti cruise on Jan 16 on the Windstar Star Breeze and not cancel.  My wife thinks there is too much risk with Covid spreading so rapidly.  She saw the CDC information that says 80 to 90 ships or so are under investigation.  It is not clear what that means.  She thinks that means most cruise ships have Covid breakouts and thus it would be very dangerous to go on a cruise now.  It must mean something else since most lines are not canceling their cruises.
Also is there any data on how many people have got Covid on all of the cruises in Tahiti since the cruises started up recently?  I think it is less than 10.

Is there any information on the percentage of people who test positive on a cruise ship vs on land in the USA - varies per state.
Any advice or information would be appreciated.

Thanks, Rick

You got plenty of feedback from my page 😉