Downtown or Seawall Hotel in Galveston

erinsmom03

I am trying to plan a stay the day before our cruise from Galveston, we've never been there. I keep going back and forth between Tremont House, Harbor House, or a couple different hotels on the seawall.

We will be relying on Lyft/Uber or the trolley to get around. Walking to the pier from TH or HH sounds appealing, and being within walking distance of coffee houses and restaurants is a plus. 

Any one have insight on these options? Thanks!

4 hours ago, CruiseBro16 said:

I like the Hilton on Seawall. They have a nice heated pool with a swim up bar and lots of restaurants in walking distance too. It's nice being right in front of the beach too.

Thanks, Hilton is on our list. I'm just not sure we will take advantage of the beautiful pool on such a short stay. Kind of why I'm considering staying downtown.

13 hours ago, BallFour4 said:

The Tremont is an experience in itself. It's the gold standard for hotels down here on the island.

The Galvez is undergoing renovation.

We definitely appreciate high quality in our  hotels. But we are also pretty laid back, down to earth people. Is Tremont a stuffy/formal atmosphere? For example, we love the Polynesian or the Beach Club at WDW, but find the Grand Floridian crowd to be just a bit more formal than we tend to be.

• Haha 1

I don't think "Stuffy" exists in Galveston. You will be fine at Tremont and definitely visit their rooftop bar if open. The only cautionary advise I would give you is due to the age of the building some rooms can be quite small. However, this is not a knock on the property as it is first class. Enjoy!

• Thanks 1