Hawaii 2022 - precruise Room

Kelly68

I’m looking for a reasonable priced hotel for two nights prior to the cruise . I have seen this question already asked , however I’d like to know if their are any place near the cruise port. I really have no idea where the port is. I’m clueless when it comes to Hawaii . 

Assume you are referring to Honolulu.  But of course cruises to Hawaii also sail from San Diego,  Los Angeles,  San Francisco, Vancouver and occasionally from other ports. 

If you are talking about Honolulu,  take a look at Google Maps for Pier 2 and Pier 12. That will clarify where the port is.

Some reading here, again, if referring to Honolulu, will identify hotels near the port. However,  that's not where most stay. Most stay in Waikiki...the far better place to stay. As always,  "reasonable priced" is a totally subjective term, something one "thinks" is correct, and not always relevant to actual prices in the local market. Hawaii is expensive. 

20 hours ago, Kelly68 said:

I’m looking for a reasonable priced hotel for two nights prior to the cruise . I have seen this question already asked , however I’d like to know if their are any place near the cruise port. I really have no idea where the port is. I’m clueless when it comes to Hawaii . 

There is no where near the cruise port that you would want to stay.

What is your nightly budget for a room in U.S. dollars?

Thanks for your reply , yes we leave from Honolulu and will be there for 2 days before the cruise. As for the price I’d like to spend under $1000 for the two days . 

8 hours ago, sfaaa said:

Hotel Renew Waikiki. No-frills, renovated and affordable. Only 2 blocks from Waikiki beach. Clean, good basic service with lot of good recent reviews from guests.

NOT the Hotel Renew. It is famous for soliciting reviews, and for  having employees and owners write reviews. It would be a rather disappointing place relative to the glowing reviews.

19 hours ago, scottca075 said:

Start with the Royal Hawaiian, then the Moana Surfrider, followed by Outrigger Reef Hotel, Outrigger Waikiki, Halepuna, and Hyatt Regency.

I second this-- this is solid advice. The Royal Hawaiian, if it fits into your budget (which it most likely should given what you said), will give you the quintessential Waikiki experience without having to pony up the additional $200-300 a night or so extra for the Halekulani. It is tremendous value for money when you consider what you are getting and the setting. 

• Like 1