Venetian Society discount not allowed on port to port prices by Silversea

wren2

I had been planning to book a May cruise and was really upset to learn that my VS 10% discount, earned through cruising with Silversea over 250 days, is not allowed.  Needless to say, I shall not be booking. Why punish me for being a loyal passenger?

3 minutes ago, wren2 said:

I had been planning to book a May cruise and was really upset to learn that my VS 10% discount, earned through cruising with Silversea over 250 days, is not allowed.  Needless to say, I shall not be booking. Why punish me for being a loyal passenger?

Totally agree with you, its just not on. Is it worth booking the door to door price?

If the Door to Door pricing includes air…I would say not.  Having been a proponent of SS air in the past on my upcoming cruise the flight choices and routings were so bad I booked on my own even at significantly more cost.  It seems with this new pricing scheme a whole new level of complication has been introduced.

They also don't allow the full 5% for onboard booking, I've recently read. These P2P fares might be a catchy way to put certain cruises on "clearance," but it seems really shortsighted not to allow these discounts that many of us factor into our cruise selections.

4 hours ago, wren2 said:

I am afraid that you are wrong, I have just booked a 29 day cruise, 2 voyages, and received my normal 10% VSS discount and a further 5% VS discount for one of the voyages

1 hour ago, beaujolais said:

I am afraid that you are wrong, I have just booked a 29 day cruise, 2 voyages, and received my normal 10% VSS discount and a further 5% VS discount for one of the voyages

Is that port-to-port or door-to-door?

D2D pricing still allows our discounts, it’s the P2P that doesn’t. 
I just got some quotes for a future cruise and the cancellation dates for P2P pricing are jaw dropping - getting close to being non-refundable in practical terms. 

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, beaujolais said:

That’s good news, why would it make a difference any way.

11 hours ago, wren2 said:

In reply to Beaujolais, I made no mistake.  My TA checked with London office and the 10% VS discount is not applied to the back to back prices but is applied to the door to door.

You are correct "wren2", my booking is a Door to Door booking

I also, would not consider booking with Silversea if they would not allow my 10% VS  discount if I had chosen P2P pricing

Edited by beaujolais
edit

Sorry Beaujolais, the VS 10% is not applied on port to port.  Back to back was my typo. Still annoyed with Silversea for disallowing this hard earned discount for loyal travellers on the lower fare. Such a pity as I had been looking forward to new Black Sea ports on the May cruise.  However, on the bright side, perhaps in view of the prevailing situation in that region, Silversea have done me a favor.

• Like 1