About Steve Dasseos & the TripInsuranceStore.com

• Administrators

Steve Dasseos is recognized as a leading travel insurance expert in the United States. Steve’s helped over hundreds of thousands of travelers & cruisers understand travel insurance and how it benefits them. He owns TripInsuranceStore.com which is a popular and very informative travel insurance website. Steve's blog was recommended by the WSJ.

Steve has been featured in over 347 newspapers, magazines, radio stations and books including The Wall Street Journal, Reader's Digest, Forbes, Family Circle, CruiseCritic.com, CNN Travel, Fox News, MSNBC, Los Angeles Times, The Chicago Tribune, CBS MarketWatch.com, Town & Country Travel, The Today Show, She Knows, Frommer's, New York Times, Life Goes Strong, The International Herald Tribune, Time, Undercurrent Magazine, The Plain Dealer, Ski Magazine, Howard County Times and The Complete Travel Detective Bible.

As always, please join us in a warm Cruise Critic "welcome back" for Steve!

• Like 2

• LauraS pinned this topic

Just heard about Steve this weekend in response to one of my posts!  So happy he helped me understand trip insurance! I had been talking to my usual trip insurance companies about pre- existing conditions and was drowning in the sea of confusion. Contact Steve and he will answer all your questions. 

• Like 1

Have used TIS for about 3-4 years now.  They are very knowledgeable, answering all questions, taking enough time to help you.  Last cruise, I was going to request a  prior ins co, but agent told me another co. would be a better fit.  (Med is primary).  They give excellent advice and service.  On a prior occasion, had a question about a cancelled cruise - 2020- that I had bought ins for.  I called ins co, underwriter, to ask some questions.  Got dif info than from TIS.  Called TIS to tell them and they were so interested, that Steve intervened, and called underwriter to clarify.  Turns out, underwriter gave incorrect info to me, and TIS gave me the correct info.  So glad I found TIS, from reading a post in CC.  Was sorry they had to let 1 agent go, when pandemic hit.  Hope they bring her back when business picks up.  All agents were so helpful to me.

• Like 3

Thank you @LauraS for your kind words. And for inviting me to do another Q & A here at Cruise Critic. This is the 6th one I have done.

Fro anyone reading this thread, here's the archived link to the Q & A I did in Dec 2020 and Jan 2021 that was re-opened in June 2021:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2500-qa-cruise-insurance-with-steve-dasseos-of-the-tripinsurancestorecom-read-only/

Steve Dasseos

• Like 4

I've been using TIS for years now, and it's always the first place I go back to when I need trip insurance.  Steve and his crew always seem available when "stuff" happened and I needed advice or assistance.  Knowing they will go to bat for us with the insurance companies if needed also means so much. 

Thank you, Steve and crew!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

May I add to the lovefest applauding Steve & TIS?  Great questions, great answers on this forum - thank you CC for hosting.

We have relied on Steve and the TIS team over many years of cruising.  Their insights, responsiveness and...integrity about travel insurance = no-nonsense advice!  We are grateful long time customers.

• Like 3