Spring 2022 Transatlantik missing from RCI website

Will be monitoring this closely.  We're on the Antem TA May 2.  Been watching ShipTracker and Anthem seems to be running on regular basis from New Jersey.  Smaller ships in fleet not as frequent.  Wondering if they load up the big ships and utilize healthy staff from smaller ships.  TA ports in Europe seem to be shut down in a lot of places.  France (Cherborg and Lahavre) show zero cruise traffic and no shore excursions listed for Azores.  Getting kind of nervous on if they'll go.

It looks like the TA's have reached their capacity at present (not full, but sailing capacity for Covid restrictions) and have been taken off sale. 

@ALD18this is not the right time of year for cruise ships to be in Europe, the Med sailings don't usually start until April/May, so there won't be much traffic in the Azores and French cruise ports.    Wonder OTS is currently docked off the coast of France, having final preparations carried out, before it's due to sail to Florida and start it's inaugural sailings in March, and then go back across the Atlantic in April for the summer season from Barcelona & Rome.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ALD18 said:

Will be monitoring this closely.  We're on the Antem TA May 2.  Been watching ShipTracker and Anthem seems to be running on regular basis from New Jersey.  Smaller ships in fleet not as frequent.  Wondering if they load up the big ships and utilize healthy staff from smaller ships.  TA ports in Europe seem to be shut down in a lot of places.  France (Cherborg and Lahavre) show zero cruise traffic and no shore excursions listed for Azores.  Getting kind of nervous on if they'll go.

Im not surprised there is no cruise traffic to France or the Azores, it's winter. Sure hope they are open when we are on the Anthem TA

• Like 1

Above 2 posts, thanks for the clarification.  Indeed our booking got us on just under the wire room wise.  Would rather see them mark the cruise as "sold out" or something rather than taking it off completely.  With current sailing conditions and closing of ports of call would calm a lot of nerves.  Disappearing cruises these days causes us to go believing worst case scenario that that cruise is shut down all together, but we're a little jumpy right now🙂

2 hours ago, ALD18 said:

Above 2 posts, thanks for the clarification.  Indeed our booking got us on just under the wire room wise.  Would rather see them mark the cruise as "sold out" or something rather than taking it off completely.  With current sailing conditions and closing of ports of call would calm a lot of nerves.  Disappearing cruises these days causes us to go believing worst case scenario that that cruise is shut down all together, but we're a little jumpy right now🙂

Agree.

I am surprised this is the first I have seen a post about this. In the FB group for our Odyssey TA in April we started discussing this days ago when it first occurred. One of our fellow passengers called Royal and was told that our sailing had reached its occupancy limits. They were told that limit is 50%. Not sure if that will be increased should things begin to clear up but it appears to be how things sit currently. I just found it odd that all of the April TAs seemed to disappear at the same time.

@ALD18 We also do not have an shore excursions listed for our sailing for Madeira (another Portuguese island port). I am merely speculating but Royal may be trying to determine how to handle Portuguese ports as Portugal requires all those entering to have a negative Covid test 48 hours prior to arriving. Time will tell if we stop there but information has not been forthcoming from Royal on that topic.

21 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

I am surprised this is the first I have seen a post about this. In the FB group for our Odyssey TA in April we started discussing this days ago when it first occurred. One of our fellow passengers called Royal and was told that our sailing had reached its occupancy limits. They were told that limit is 50%. Not sure if that will be increased should things begin to clear up but it appears to be how things sit currently. I just found it odd that all of the April TAs seemed to disappear at the same time.

@ALD18 We also do not have an shore excursions listed for our sailing for Madeira (another Portuguese island port). I am merely speculating but Royal may be trying to determine how to handle Portuguese ports as Portugal requires all those entering to have a negative Covid test 48 hours prior to arriving. Time will tell if we stop there but information has not been forthcoming from Royal on that topic.

It's isn't, at least one thread at least week ago and multiple others inc Roll Call discussed on

12 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

It's isn't, at least one thread at least week ago and multiple others inc Roll Call discussed on

I never said it was the first post. Merely the first I had seen. Usually when something like this happens, there are 4 of 5 people posting new threads on the topic and everyone rushing to tell them that someone else already posted about it. No doubt it must have been discussed in the various Roll Calls. Perhaps I just thought it was a bigger deal than it was because it seemed like nearly all of the spring TAs disappeared at the same time 🙂 

8 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

I never said it was the first post. Merely the first I had seen. Usually when something like this happens, there are 4 of 5 people posting new threads on the topic and everyone rushing to tell them that someone else already posted about it. No doubt it must have been discussed in the various Roll Calls. Perhaps I just thought it was a bigger deal than it was because it seemed like nearly all of the spring TAs disappeared at the same time 🙂 

No problem, as we know even when looking it's at times hard locate topics and info in timely manner on here. On Vision's B4B Mar-May so I'm alert when TA was pulled. Hope you're having great weekend, enjoy the rest of it!

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

No problem, as we know even when looking it's at times hard locate topics and info in timely manner on here. On Vision's B4B Mar-May so I'm alert when TA was pulled. Hope you're having great weekend, enjoy the rest of it!

You forgot to mention that you're in a corner/aft balcony.  😄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scottee25 said:

I  am merely speculating but Royal may be trying to determine how to handle Portuguese ports as Portugal requires all those entering to have a negative Covid test 48 hours prior to arriving.

I would be amazed if this is still a requirement by then. The government just extended it until the 9th of February but they're going to have get rid of it soon or they'll do the hugely important tourism industry severe damage, which is something the country really can't afford to have happen for a third summer running.

That said, I'm sure the ship would be able to handle doing this type of testing on board. I sailed on Harmony in the Med this summer and everyone had to be tested on board prior to disembarking. They handled that just fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I would be amazed if this is still a requirement by then. The government just extended it until the 9th of February but they're going to have get rid of it soon or they'll do the hugely important tourism industry severe damage, which is something the country really can't afford to have happen for a third summer running.

That said, I'm sure the ship would be able to handle doing this type of testing on board. I sailed on Harmony in the Med this summer and everyone had to be tested on board prior to disembarking. They handled that just fine.

I won't dispute that it makes more sense for the Portuguese government to open up its ports or risk having a 3rd summer in a row with little to no tourism. However, I am not sure Royal will be willing to do testing on board in light of recent announcements that they will no longer be doing testing for the purpose of disembarking. If Royal has a choice between testing all of its passengers prior to Madeira/Azores or skip the port, something tells me they would opt to skip the port. Of course a lot can change in the next 3 months and time will tell what ultimately happens with those ports.

Just now, ALD18 said:

Interested to see where any TA scheduled cancelled ships go.  Continue with Caribbean routes?

The ships/cruises that are missing don't mean the ship isn't sailing.  They all have itineraries in Europe for the summer.  Not sure if they'll have passengers on the crossing.