Ruby Princess Deck 15

runforfun

I was in L246 on the Ruby this past November.  It's on the other side of the ship, but very similar in location to your room.  I really liked deck 15.  It is quite a ways from the dining rooms and main indoor areas, but I loved how close it was to the outdoor areas on top of the ship.  It was really nice having a bar and the burger place within 20 seconds of my room.  Also, I like how easy it was to get to the pools, buffet, and the pizza and ice cream place.  I didn't feel the ship move that much most of the trip, but it did move a bit on the last two days going north to San Francisco.  The cruise I was on was super empty, so I never heard anything at all, but not sure if there would be noise with more passengers.  

9 hours ago, runforfun said:

Hi first time cruising  on the Ruby was wondering if anyone has pros and cons on Deck 15  room 255 if you have stayed there or on that deck

thank you

Elaine

I always book on the Lido deck if I can.  The proximity to the pools, buffet, and upper deck activities are high on my priority list. 
If you are more into interior activities, this may not be the location for you.

Lido deck is our favorite spot to be!
Pools, pizza, horizon court.
Health club & lotus spa pool right above you.

”Secret” flybridge all the way forward. 
As one mentioned, the caribe deck has larger balconies but the location on the lido is closer to the activities we enjoy. 😀

22 hours ago, runforfun said:

Hi first time cruising  on the Ruby was wondering if anyone has pros and cons on Deck 15  room 255 if you have stayed there or on that deck

thank you

Elaine

I have booked many Lido Balcony Cabins on Grand Class ships including Ruby Princess.  It is a great location as you can walk straight out to the pools area. There is a bar there, pizza place and burger bar typically on Grand Class.  Your nominated cabin, L255 is below the "Beauty Salon" so not a noise issue from above regarding that.  If you were further forward you would be under the Fitness Center which is not as good but you have easy access to the gym on the deck above if you want to go there. In terms of how far down the corridor you are, your location is not right next to the open deck area which again is a slight noise issue, mainly on sailaway from the port parties, so that's good and also you are ahead of the lifts and stairs lobby so passengers coming indoors will generally turn off before getting to your section of corridor.  There is a fire door across the corridor which is usually open but if it does shut on a drill you just open it walk through and it shuts after you. I should say if this cabin was offered to me I would snap it up as a great option.

Regards John

8 hours ago, highflyingrealtor said:

Lido deck is our favorite spot to be!
Pools, pizza, horizon court.
Health club & lotus spa pool right above you.

”Secret” flybridge all the way forward. 
As one mentioned, the caribe deck has larger balconies but the location on the lido is closer to the activities we enjoy. 😀

More commonly known as "Monkey Island".

4 hours ago, MishelleMcc said:

We board her today….  Have L312.  Will try to reply here with our impressions!

I cannot help thinking that you are right next to the open deck and have two sets of automatic doors which keep opening and closing.  I should be very interested in your assessment of this cabin.

Regards John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, runforfun said:

thank you all so much can't wait to here from you John on how your cruise went and any info we might use for ours in April

If you examine the deck plan.  If you come out your cabin and walk forward down the corridor to the 100 series cabins and start going through white doors (most people think they should not do this) however it is fine and eventually you come out on a small forward observation deck.  Not many people know this.  It is sometimes locked because you are actually walking about on the roof of the bridge and soft shoes helps the crew keep it open, no Riverdance performances. Just to the left of L105, the white space on the deck plan is actually the crew stairs.  In the days of proper Muster Drills they sometimes left the doors open to get to the station. It is an official escape route for 100 series cabins. I have been down there and it is very interesting and all white.  i have also booked L102, the smallest cabin on the ship.  That one is almost always available even late on.  It is actually as big as other cabins except you don't have the passageway to your door and the bathroom is just a door on the wall.  You have a forward facing window partially obstructed as the area outside is raised.  

Lido deck is high up and if the sea gets rough more movement if felt because of height and being forward.  In the lifts you sometimes meet crew members as it is so close to the bridge.  I have spoken to Captains in the lift when nobody else has realised. So always look at the shoulder boards. It is a very interesting location.

Regards John

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, john watson said:

If you examine the deck plan.  If you come out your cabin and walk forward down the corridor to the 100 series cabins and start going through white doors (most people think they should not do this) however it is fine and eventually you come out on a small forward observation deck.  Not many people know this.  It is sometimes locked because you are actually walking about on the roof of the bridge and soft shoes helps the crew keep it open, no Riverdance performances. Just to the left of L105, the white space on the deck plan is actually the crew stairs.  In the days of proper Muster Drills they sometimes left the doors open to get to the station. It is an official escape route for 100 series cabins. I have been down there and it is very interesting and all white.  i have also booked L102, the smallest cabin on the ship.  That one is almost always available even late on.  It is actually as big as other cabins except you don't have the passageway to your door and the bathroom is just a door on the wall.  You have a forward facing window partially obstructed as the area outside is raised.  

Lido deck is high up and if the sea gets rough more movement if felt because of height and being forward.  In the lifts you sometimes meet crew members as it is so close to the bridge.  I have spoken to Captains in the lift when nobody else has realised. So always look at the shoulder boards. It is a very interesting location.

Regards John

We had L104 on the Ruby for an Alaska cruise, and I loved that cabin. That little deck you mention was great for glacier day, since very few folks ever found it. The few people who find the little deck do walk right past the windows of these cabins, but the windows are mirrors on the outside. We got a big laugh from one lady who stopped in front of ours to fix her hair. She stood there fussing with it for a while before the lady she was with said something to her. It must have been along the lines of, "that's somebody's cabin" since she looked startled and moved along double quick.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MishelleMcc said:

We are here!  The hallway is chilly but we don’t mind. The bulkhead juts out just aft of L312 so we can’t see aft from our balcony but we still love the location!!  Will try to post pics.  

The hallway between the stairs and doors to the pool area are chilly and create a wind tunnel affect in that portion of the hall way.  IMO, RunForFun passengers are in a better spot, for the wind tunnel tends to dissipate at the stairway and they are farther away from the suction noise as the automatic doors close.  We like Lido deck for all the reasons set forth.  I think RunForFun is in a sweet spot and far enough from the gym to avoid the twaap that accompanies the sound of someone pumping too much iron to control the descent of the weights.  Enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2022 at 10:40 AM, MishelleMcc said:

02E6CC70-27D6-464E-BD67-9DDD075D550E.jpeg

Hi MishelleMcc,

Thanks for posting the picture showing the view from your balcony. Do you have one showing the size of the balcony? 

We’re going to be in L256 and I’m wondering how the balcony compares to the balconies from the royal class ships. Hoping for a little more balcony space, the royal class balconies were only about 4ft deep at most.

• Like 1

We are currently in Lido 302 on Majestic , no jut out on Majestic but we cannot see aft very well.

only 800 + on sailing so not much hallway traffic . There are only 3 occupied cabins on our side of Lido . Deck below looks empty.

When docked we can hear MUTS …

On 1/17/2022 at 11:29 AM, Sea Hag said:

We got a big laugh from one lady who stopped in front of ours to fix her hair. She stood there fussing with it for a while before the lady she was with said something to her. It must have been along the lines of, "that's somebody's cabin" since she looked startled and moved along double quick.

Good thing she was only fixing her hair. 🤣

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Good thing she was only fixing her hair. 🤣

Yeah, things could have gotten pretty interesting! Yesterday, I changed an upcoming booking so we're back in L104 again. Who knows what we'll see this time.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2022 at 11:23 AM, Optotronics said:

Hi MishelleMcc,

Thanks for posting the picture showing the view from your balcony. Do you have one showing the size of the balcony? 

We’re going to be in L256 and I’m wondering how the balcony compares to the balconies from the royal class ships. Hoping for a little more balcony space, the royal class balconies were only about 4ft deep at most.

It seemed smaller that a balcony on Aloha Deck on the Grand but we still spent time on it!  No bad days sailing!