PCR test in Miami for cruisers returning to Canada.

Mfuzz8

We are booked on a Carnival cruise out of Miami in March. Can anyone recommend a reliable place to get a PCR test for our return to Canada?Preferably somewhere close to the cruise terminal or airport.

9 minutes ago, Mfuzz8 said:

We are booked on a Carnival cruise out of Miami in March. Can anyone recommend a reliable place to get a PCR test for our return to Canada?Preferably somewhere close to the cruise terminal or airport.

If it was me, I would use Switch Health COVID-19 RT-LAMP TEST KIT ($149) and could be used the day before your flight home.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mfuzz8 said:

You may run into problems booking a place to get tested.  Refer to the attached article.  That's why I suggested Switch Health.

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/time-for-canada-to-revisit-pre-entry-covid-test-for-canadian-travellers-experts-say/ar-AASUGM4?li=AAggNb9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We got ours at the Nomi health site right at Miami airport. $179 US per person for rapid results I believe within an hour (forgive me - we came home in November and I don't recall exactly what the timing was). We had our results in less than 20 minutes. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, retiring soon said:

HI all!

I also used Nomi Health at MIA in November. I made the appt 2 days before, paid $179 US on the credit card, they didn't take cash, & had my results back quickly.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

As of now you can book appointments until the 23rd, so 4 days ahead of time.

• Like 1

You don't need a PCR test to get back into Canada.  It can be any NAAT or molecular test.  You can get a rapid one (ID NOW) at many Walgreens.  Results in one to two hours, and totally free.  The only caveat is that you have to book your appointment about a week in advance - or as soon as they open up the new dates.  These free test appointments are snapped up in no time.

• Like 2