Cabin changed! Aloha aft balcony enchanted princess

Travelingfreckles

Ugh— I just saw my nice large extended balcony on Dolphin (which we booked years ago and requested no upgrade ) was changed to a aft cabin on aloha 🤨.I'm trying to get my old cabin back but I see in the email about the “upgrade” they can’t move us back—-I’ve been reading that may be due to quarantine section🤷🏻‍♀️I’ve never been in an aft balcony. How is movement back there. Can people look down into our balcony space or is it covered? Please help me get excited about this change. 

I love the aft corner balcony. Love the wake view. A bit noisy at times. Never bothered me.  I have had my last 3 cabins, marked no upgrade changed. 2 of those cruises were cancelled so didn’t matter 

• Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 1:57 PM, ustowas said:

Travelingfreckles

Similar thing hapend to us for our march 10 enchanted cruise. 58 days prior to embarkation is way to late to make administrative chances because they did not plan ahead??.  Hours to get it changed. not very customer friendly of princess.

Well, like everyone, I'm sure Princess is hoping these Covid wards won't be necessary when the released the cruise and then, well, we all know what happened. I belive they have to have a percentage of rooms based on the number of passengers. Therefore as the bookings for a cruise go up, they need to add more rooms. And TAG, YOU'RE ROOM WAS IT.

Edited by cjpj
  • Like 1

Update...It seems like a lot of people are getting cabins changed lately.  I believe cabin choice is very important so that’s why I book so far in advance. After much thinking, I called Princess and asked to move from that aft balcony to another room. I pleaded my case as best I could and hoped for the best🤞. I know flexibility is important now but figured I’d at least try. Long and behold,  I received a call today with an upgrade from my deluxe angled balcony to a angled balcony mini-suite. Very excited. 

Edited by Travelingfreckles
  • Like 5

On 1/20/2022 at 6:00 PM, Travelingfreckles said:

Ugh— I just saw my nice large extended balcony on Dolphin (which we booked years ago and requested no upgrade ) was changed to a aft cabin on aloha 🤨.I'm trying to get my old cabin back but I see in the email about the “upgrade” they can’t move us back—-I’ve been reading that may be due to quarantine section🤷🏻‍♀️I’ve never been in an aft balcony. How is movement back there. Can people look down into our balcony space or is it covered? Please help me get excited about this change. 

By the way, this was not an "upgrade". It was a change due to CDC requirements. We also got a cabin change, from an angled balcony to a TINY balcony! Today, I booked a favorite aft balcony for $700.00 less! Princess is going wacko!

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2022 at 2:29 AM, nini said:

By the way, this was not an "upgrade". It was a change due to CDC requirements. We also got a cabin change, from an angled balcony to a TINY balcony! Today, I booked a favorite aft balcony for $700.00 less! Princess is going wacko!

On 1/20/2022 at 8:00 PM, Travelingfreckles said:

We were also moved from Dolphin corner aft balcony to Marina Deck 15. I don’t think any other balcony compares to Dolphin. We were told in our email that the change was because that deck is being utilized as a isolation area. I’m concerned we are going to be below a smoking area above us on deck 16. Does anyone know? 

We were also moved from a Dolphin mid-ship deluxe with an angled balcony to a midship angle balcony mini suite on Marina.   
this was due to needing more quarantine cabins, it seems.   

while I prefer Dolphin deck, on the other hand a mini is awfully nice - so overall we’re happy.  

i should add this is for a Fall cruise on Regal.  

Mary

Edited by Mary loves to travel
Add info