Microwave popcorn

carribbound

4 minutes ago, carribbound said:

What?? The popcorn they serve for movies is awful. Dry. No butter.

You're welcome to buy as much packaged premade popcorn and bring it on board. You can even buy the smaller individual sizes so it says fresher. Always other ways to accomplish the same goal!

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2022 at 11:43 PM, carribbound said:

Thanks for your replies. I was aware that I could bring bagged popcorn on. 🙂 I have also brought my own flavoring. Just doesn’t seem to cut it. 

Premade popcorn isn't good enough???

16 minutes ago, carribbound said:

I love popcorn in a bag. I just never have space in my bag 😕

Since popcorn isn't a restricted item to carry on the ship stop at a CVS and buy a couple of bags before embarkation. Problem solved. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nlktx49 said:

Allowing people to pop their own microwave popcorn would be a big mistake, there'd always be that one person who would burn it and stink up the whole ship. I think we've all worked with that person.

Anyone who has lived in a college dorm would know that allowing people to microwave popcorn will result in smoke/fire alarms going off in the middle of the night. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

You can always ask the servers at one of the restaurants, or buffet if they have a microwave to pop it in.  If one location refuses, try another.  I might even offer a tip for the extra service.

Edited by Qextor

On 1/21/2022 at 9:39 PM, carribbound said:

What?? The popcorn they serve for movies is awful. Dry. No butter.

Been lucky enough to have gone on 37 cruises.  Have watched a movie on them zero times.  Have had popcorn 🍿 on them zero times. 

Movies and popcorn are things I associate with being at home and enjoying with my DW. 

While vacationing on a cruise I tend to enjoy things that I don't do at my house like go to a comedy show, engage in good conversation at a bar or go to a show.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Been lucky enough to have gone on 37 cruises.  Have watched a movie on them zero times.  Have had popcorn 🍿 on them zero times. 

Movies and popcorn are things I associate with being at home and enjoying with my DW. 

While vacationing on a cruise I tend to enjoy things that I don't do at my house like go to a comedy show, engage in good conversation at a bar or go to a show.

That’s great. I have been on 17 cruises. I also do things that I don’t do at home. Like the comedy show, theatrical productions, and watch movies in the middle of the ocean on a ship. There are usually things happening simultaneously and I have to choose which I want to do more. Sometimes that is a movie 😁especially if it’s a movie my busy day to day life has not given me time to see 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Qextor said:

You can always ask the servers at one of the restaurants, or buffet if they have a microwave to pop it in.  If one location refuses, try another.  I might even offer a tip for the extra service.

I have never seen a microwave in a ship's galley.  The only time I've heard of one is in some of the top end suites on RCI (IIRC).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, mz-s said:

There are no microwaves on Carnival ships. So yes you can bring on microwave popcorn but unless you like eating kernels you'll not be able to do much with it.

I don't know about "no" microwaves... I wrote to one of Carnival CD's that I follow before my last cruise to ask about the hot topic of gifts (in addition to cash) that the crew might appreciate since I knew that shore leave was very rare during the restart. The response was sweet treats and microwave popcorn. That being said, they obviously aren't made available to passengers, and probably for good reason. 

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

There are no microwaves on Carnival ships. So yes you can bring on microwave popcorn but unless you like eating kernels you'll not be able to do much with it.

Maybe if it's a really hot day you could set the packet of microwave popcorn out on the balcony in the sun and be patient.

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, tm_aw_love said:

I don't know about "no" microwaves... I wrote to one of Carnival CD's that I follow before my last cruise to ask about the hot topic of gifts (in addition to cash) that the crew might appreciate since I knew that shore leave was very rare during the restart. The response was sweet treats and microwave popcorn. That being said, they obviously aren't made available to passengers, and probably for good reason. 

They might have a microwave in a crew lounge I suppose (depends on the ship I'd say), but there are none in the galleys.

Gifts for crew is a hot topic. I fondly remember the days when the biggest controversies on this site were butter crocks and what kinds of gifts the crew enjoys.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tm_aw_love said:

You answered a question I had. I always give my steward a goodie bag & now I will include microwave popcorn

• Like 1