SanFrancisco Pier and Walkability

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2022 at 4:39 AM, debnrick said:

And anyone know if you can easily walk from Riu Hotel on Mason St. near Fisherman’s Wharf with suitcases? thank you

"Easily" is a judgement call, but that aside, the Riu isn't a great hotel. There are many, better options.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks.  I was hoping it would be at Pier 35 which is closer to Pier 39.  Do you know how far it is to Pier 39 and if it is walkable for someone with a walker?   Is there any shuttle service to Pier 39 and or Fisherman's Wharf.

8 hours ago, CRUISEWITHH said:

Thanks.  I was hoping it would be at Pier 35 which is closer to Pier 39.  Do you know how far it is to Pier 39 and if it is walkable for someone with a walker?   Is there any shuttle service to Pier 39 and or Fisherman's Wharf.

Cabs and Ubers are cheap and plentiful.

On 3/28/2023 at 2:50 PM, CRUISEWITHH said:

I tried your link and still not sure which dock the Emerald Princess will be using on May 22, 2023???

That is not correct.  Emerald is scheduled to use Pier 35

On 3/31/2023 at 11:24 AM, CRUISEWITHH said:

It's an easy 5 minute walk from Pier 35.  I have asked to work both of your port days.  I'll let you know when the boss posts the assignments; I usually post on your roll call pages.

On 1/22/2022 at 4:39 AM, debnrick said:

Sailing on the Miracle in May to Alaska. Anyone know if it sails out of Pier 27 or Pier 35? And anyone know if you can easily walk from Riu Hotel on Mason St. near Fisherman’s Wharf with suitcases? thank you

Both of the Alaska sailings for the Miracle in May will be out of Pier 27

30 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

The link below (which will ask to open or save a pdf file) says the Emerald Princess is at Pier 27 for an overnight.

Port of San Francisco 2023 Cruise Ship Schedule

The last update of the schedule was 1/31/23.

It has since been updated in March as well as today

2023.pdf (sfport.com)

Edited by sfpd3000
  • Thanks 1

I ran into sfpd3000 on my Pacific Coastal cruise a year ago right outside Pier 27.  He was doing traffic duty that day. I asked him if he was on CC and he said yes. Super friendly cop with a smile.

8 hours ago, sfaaa said:

I ran into sfpd3000 on my Pacific Coastal cruise a year ago right outside Pier 27.  He was doing traffic duty that day. I asked him if he was on CC and he said yes. Super friendly cop with a smile.

You're very kind.  Hope to see you again or even sail with you some day.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

sfpd3000,

Thanks for the information. I'm on the Crown arriving on 10/22/23 (from Vancouver) at dock 35S.

When I return on the 29th (from the 7 day) I'm at dock 27.

Yes.  Since Ruby is the "SF-homeported" ship doing the full turns, she gets priority at the newer pier.  When the Ruby leaves for Ft Lauderdale and the Crown is homeported here, she will get priority at Pier 27.