Riga Royal carribean

lionheart

Anyone do this 

Travel back to the Middle Ages in the picturesque area of the Gauja River, around 30 miles outside of Riga. Tour the ruins of the 13th-century Sigulda Castle, built during the Crusades to control water access and fend off invasions. On the other side of the river bank you’ll find the newly restored Turaida Castle, first built in 1214. In the Gutmanis Cave, you’ll find inscriptions from travelers dating back to the 17th century.

I did! Did you have any particular questions about it? Did I think it was worth it? No, it was a bit of a drive and the castles weren't especially interesting unless you have a special interest in medieval history. We went because my son does have a special interest in medieval history and *didn't* want to be dragged around Riga looking at Art Nouveau architecture (although we did take some time for that afterwards).

22 hours ago, trosebery said:

I did! Did you have any particular questions about it? Did I think it was worth it? No, it was a bit of a drive and the castles weren't especially interesting unless you have a special interest in medieval history. We went because my son does have a special interest in medieval history and *didn't* want to be dragged around Riga looking at Art Nouveau architecture (although we did take some time for that afterwards).

Ah ok yea my kids like medieval history and I thought could do this and maybe some time to walk around Riga after