MORE CDC CHANGES

sidari

2 hours ago, deliver42 said:

It comes as no surprise, as several cruise companies have already implemented that fully vaccinated means with boosters, including Cunard and TUI.

And look where it got Cunard! a return to Southampton due to the case numbers, becoming a pointless exercise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyInVan said:

Not pointless if it saves your life. Be positive. 🙄

We won't be sailing untill these restrictions are dropped and have no intention of handing money out to the testing merry go round. At least Cunard could not blame anyone but the jabbed for their cases.

Everyone has opinions on what should be done. However, those in charge make the rules and regulations that we and the cruise lines must follow. At least we have choices:

To cruise or not to cruise. Very simple binary option.

Stay safe!

6 hours ago, sidari said:

Looks like the CDC have more hoops for people to jump through in order to cruise.

CDC Fully Vaccinated Language to Change - How Will It Impact Cruises? (cruisehive.com)

How are people doing in England? There seems to be much confusion there, too. Around the world there are two sides to each story. The main result should be we all respect each others opinions and stay safe. 

Happy Cruising!

36 minutes ago, Oxo said:

How are people doing in England? There seems to be much confusion there, too. Around the world there are two sides to each story. The main result should be we all respect each others opinions and stay safe. 

Happy Cruising!

Last week via a Freedom of Information request to the Office for National Statistics it has become clear that the lies surrounding Covid have been used against the public using fear, 17,000 deaths were recorded due to the virus in those with no underlying health issues yet all other deaths were classed as Covid! Average death numbers are around 700,000 per year in the UK. Case numbers currently dropping day on day and week on week with all Covid restrictions due to be lifted by March. So I guess you could say things are moving in the right direction unlike those in some EU Countries.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, sidari said:

Looks like the CDC have more hoops for people to jump through in order to cruise.

CDC Fully Vaccinated Language to Change - How Will It Impact Cruises? (cruisehive.com)

CDC can huff and puff all they want.  The FDA needs to change the definition as it’s a prescribing information issue.  There is zero data to support changing the label for the vaccines as it is based on preventing severe illness (hospitalization) or death.  There is no chance of demonstrating statistical superiority for a booster over the current definition of fully vaccinated.  This is surely why the head and deputy head of vaccines at FDA resigned over the booster approval issue.  The data to support the booster is based on bio marker data (antibody production).  FDA does not normally approve drugs or vaccines on bio marker data alone.  They require clinical endpoints, like deaths and hospitalizations.  Approval of the booster was a political decision, not based on the traditional scientific approach used to approve drugs.

Dennis

• Like 3

2 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

CDC can huff and puff all they want.  The FDA needs to change the definition as it’s a prescribing information issue.  There is zero data to support changing the label for the vaccines as it is based on preventing severe illness (hospitalization) or death.  There is no chance of demonstrating statistical superiority for a booster over the current definition of fully vaccinated.  This is surely why the head and deputy head of vaccines at FDA resigned over the booster approval issue.  The data to support the booster is based on bio marker data (antibody production).  FDA does not normally approve drugs or vaccines on bio marker data alone.  They require clinical endpoints, like deaths and hospitalizations.  Approval of the booster was a political decision, not based on the traditional scientific approach used to approve drugs.

Dennis

Dennis ... Around Ten days ago a story surfaced that the UK Prime Minister had told the media that anyone who did not have the Third jab would not be considered as fully jabbed for travel purposes, this is no longer about a virus if in fact it ever was.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sidari said:

Dennis ... Around Ten days ago a story surfaced that the UK Prime Minister had told the media that anyone who did not have the Third jab would not be considered as fully jabbed for travel purposes, this is no longer about a virus if in fact it ever was.

And the UK has dropped all mandates/booster programs/masking --

In Japan the jab is voluntary and the gov cites that no one should be pressured--

Unlike France and Austria---

I'll spend my $ in Japan

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAGR said:

I'm just worried about surviving the night in Miami pre-cruise!  We'll stick out like sore thumbs with our masks on!

No you won’t. 😀. My wife and I are not taking any chances with omicron.  We are N95’ing it until a wedding and cruise mid-February; even though we are vaxxed, boosted and living in the Free State of Florida.

Dennis

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JAGR said:

I'm just worried about surviving the night in Miami pre-cruise!  We'll stick out like sore thumbs with our masks on!

Much better than having your toes stick out of the sheet because you didn't get the jab! 

Life is precious and very short.

Death is final and you never return.

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising!

Get the jab and wear the mask!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, JAGR said:

You might be surprised at how many people in Miami wear masks. I was when we flew out of MIA for the Getaway TA and again when we returned to the port. Now where I live (very rural south  central FL), masks are (and always have been) scarce; however, at some point over the summer, wearing a mask seemed to no longer stick out like a sore thumb. Dec 23, we rode a very packed Red Coach back to Orlando (where mask wearing was, and to some degree still is, the norm), and except for the driver and two guys who boarded in the WBP area, everyone was wearing a mask. While in Florida (or anywhere in the US), you'll be very wise to take care of yourself. Don't concern yourself about others as many won't concern themselves about you. 

Have a great cruise. 

• Like 1

I haven't read any studies but I'm not even sure how effective N95 is against omicron.....especially for most of us not training to BSL Level 4 lab on PPE techniques...

Maybe N99 or P100 would be better against omicron...throughout the pandemic I've just used masks above what CDC recommended at that current time....and now they're going around recommending N95s, maybe it's not good enough....

That being said @JAGRunless you have B2Bs, I can't imagine being exposed will likely result a positive the very next day after exposure...hopefully you won't catch it either way and stay safe! 

4 hours ago, Rhea98 said:

You might be surprised at how many people in Miami wear masks. I was when we flew out of MIA for the Getaway TA and again when we returned to the port. Now where I live (very rural south  central FL), masks are (and always have been) scarce; however, at some point over the summer, wearing a mask seemed to no longer stick out like a sore thumb. Dec 23, we rode a very packed Red Coach back to Orlando (where mask wearing was, and to some degree still is, the norm), and except for the driver and two guys who boarded in the WBP area, everyone was wearing a mask. While in Florida (or anywhere in the US), you'll be very wise to take care of yourself. Don't concern yourself about others as many won't concern themselves about you. 

Have a great cruise. 

2 hours ago, FrostyJoe said:

I haven't read any studies but I'm not even sure how effective N95 is against omicron.....especially for most of us not training to BSL Level 4 lab on PPE techniques...

Maybe N99 or P100 would be better against omicron...throughout the pandemic I've just used masks above what CDC recommended at that current time....and now they're going around recommending N95s, maybe it's not good enough....

That being said @JAGRunless you have B2Bs, I can't imagine being exposed will likely result a positive the very next day after exposure...hopefully you won't catch it either way and stay safe! 

Sorry!  I'm Irish Catholic, so given to sarcasm.  Joe understands the satire, I'm sure, since he has used it.  In honesty, though, I am on a B2B, and I travel to Miami fairly regularly for business.  Wife is immunocompromised, so we will be more cautious.  I see more people not masked than masked in Miami-Dade County.  We will be careful, and avoid going to what we know to be high risk areas and restaurants.  No Catch of the Day for us on our next trip.

• Like 2