How to Fly Home from Vancouver (YVR) VS Seattle (SEA)?

sirclean

I just booked a discounted Princess Cruise from LA to Vancouver in April.  Initially, I thought that I would use all of my long accumulated SkyMiles to fly home First Class from Vancouver!  My Canadian friend mentioned that the current restrictions require a COVID test taken the day before the flight.  I could possibly take the test in Victoria, the port we enter the day before the end of the cruise, but they are very expensive.

I am considering using the Princess transportation from Vancouver Dock to either the Seattle Airport or the port.  I could then fly out of SEA the Seattle airport much later in the afternoon.  

Is this viable?  Will I need any additional testing to cross the border from Vancouver to Seattle to fly out of Seattle to another US city?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

If you are crossing the land border into the US, you currently do NOT need a negative Covid test to enter. If you are flying into the US from Canada (or anywhere else outside of the US) you need an Antigen test taken no more than 1 day before your scheduled flight to the US. These rules, of course, are subject to change but are current as of today.

Thanks for the information! 

I have been visiting the Princess site.  I dont see that they are providing the pre cruise tests for free (though I see where you can buy a 2 pack for about $70).

It looks like one COULD possibly connect online the day before and do the second test just as you would at home.

However, at this point, I have opted for the bus from the port in Vancouver to the Seattle airport.  

As others have said, though, even though the cruise is less than 90 days away, Canada could certainly make changes that would cause Princess to cancel the trip!  So I made sure to have insurance for this one!