The Daily for Monday 01/24/2022

richwmn

58 minutes ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. I never liked the taste of beer but my mother used to rinse my hair with it after a shampoo. To this day, I’m not sure why.

Fingers and toes crossed that this new aide arrangement will work out for us.

Stay safe everyone,

Carol

Got my fingers and tossed crossed for you too.🤞

• Like 19

Good Morning from a cool but sunny day at the beach

We had to turn on our heat last night! First time in a very long time. No water aerobics for me today!

Who knew that beer cans had their own day?  

Have not been to todays port. Looking forward to pictures.

My stitches are coming out today. Yeah!! They are so itchy.

So heading  over to Orlando, then to Best Buy to get ( hopefully) a new laptop. This one is dying a slow death. 

@aliaschief A very Happy Birthday to your DW. Hope she had a wonderful day.

Stay safe and warm. Enjoy today

• Like 33

Good morning, everyone.

We received another 5 inches yesterday on top of the 15 we got last week.  More snow is expected today.  Then, that should hold us for a while.  My plow company actually found the sidewalk this time and did not plow the tree lawn.  So I am in compliance with city ordinances that say I must shovel the sidewalk.  

Today's meal is a vegetarian take on turducken.   I might consider this as a side dish.  It does look kind of interesting.  It is considered to be a Thanksgiving or Christmas dish, but could be a welcome dish on a cold snowy night in northeast Ohio.  https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/vegducken

vegducken.thumb.jpg.d4e76553c695ae45a00a41baec44228a.jpg

I love butternut squash and that is what makes this look good to me.  Here's another version.  It is very similar, just a few differences.  Be sure to click on Read More to get the whole recipe.   

https://www.onegreenplanet.org/vegan-recipe/vegducken/

158316709_vegducken(1).thumb.jpg.f95a8470a64a94c0bd26984f25543647.jpg

Next up comes an Asian inspired version of vegducken.  It is not only vegetarian, but vegan.   

https://www.ainayums.com/vegducken/

1758937581_vegduken2.jpg.71b40fac8ffa2be05b29bc841fbf10f2.jpg

Even if you don't have vegducken tonight, I hope you have a great day and manage a couple belly laughs as they are so good for us.   Compliments are as well.  It is amazing what a compliment can do for someone, so be generous with them.

Prayers for those who need them and cheers for those celebrating.  

Enjoy.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 6

Good morning everyone from a cold but sunny Bluffton, SC.

Thanks Rich for the Daily.

Don’t drink beer.  Hate the stuff.  However DH is German and he has his occasional beer.  I, of Italian heritage love my wine.

I am always happy to receive a compliment. And am happy to give them when they are deserved.

Love the quote.  

I have not been to Motril, but it is a port on our April cruise on the Nautica. However, I have been to Granada a few times and have stayed overnight in the parador there.  I am looking forward to returning to the Alhambra.  

Thank you all for your good wishes for tomorrow’s blood work and for the lump removal on my arm.  

I don’t know if I will have the opportunity to post tomorrow morning.  I may have the blood results but I am sure I will not have the biopsy results for a few days.

Prayers for all who need them. And Cheers for those celebrating.

Sorry this is short.  Got stuff to do before we leave for JAX.

Take care everyone and have a great Monday.

God Bless,

Terro

Edited by Cruzin Terri
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

Good morning Rich and fellow Daily-ites. Thanks to all who post faithfully. 

It is a cold, rainy, stormy morning here. Looks like mid 50's for the rest of the week. Not bad.

I got an email from one of the crew on Rotterdam. He said he was able to get off the ship and the 1st place he headed was to buy chocolate with the tip money we gave him. He was our favorite for the 5 weeks on board.. (holding your thumb and index finger shows a tiny heart)

0115221028_HDR.thumb.jpg.a0c37d74b52b884c35c4bf76f0365615.jpg

Reading Debbie's recipes, I think it is worth trying. I like all the ingredients. 

Prayers lifted for all on our care list. Raising a glass tonight for celebrations. 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

When the cat food shortage started, I was told that there was a shortage of cans, and that America would be behind with cat food deliveries for months.  And now I know why.  The cans were turned into beer cans! Poor kitties!

DH comes home today.  Yippee!  I straightened up the house yesterday, and found the last of Christmas decorations, and they will finally get put away this morning.  My mom had a vase that looked like Santa's shoe, and she would put it by the fireplace on  Christmas morning, to let us know that Santa had been there (I guess that was the reason, i felt bad he lost his shoe). 

I'll admit it, I' m proud of being a dumpster diver, and years ago I found a box put out for the trash, and there in the box, was another Santa shoe.  And some angels, and a tree topper, and I brought the box home rather than have the trash guys throw away anything Christmas.  This year, we put our tree in the living room, aka the office, so I put one shoe by the sliding glass doors by the tree, and one by the fireplace.  They always seem to be the last things I put up.

And now, I am decorating for Valentine's day...which is the day our book club meets at our house. I have a small artificial tree that i purchased heart ornaments for last year.  I had the idea, that i would keep the tree up all year and decorate it for each holiday, however, I made it to Valentines day, and gave up.  Too much to keep up with.  So I decorate for two holidays.

00ffea397fa0430a83e88451995fdb04.jpg

• Like 32
  • Haha 1

Good morning friends!  It's cold so I'm getting a sluggish start to the day.  It was 29F but I'm stunned to see my Florida friends with equal or lower temperatures than we are!  The iguanas must be falling out of the trees! 🦎 Hoping for warmer temperatures for all of us.

What a nice group of days for us to celebrate.  Cans are important to the beer companies.  DH says Anheuser-Busch had their own beer can company in some locations.  Otherwise they bought them from companies like Ball Metal.  He prefers his beer draft or in a bottle though.  I love the compliment and belly laugh days being on the same day.  A real feel-good day for sure.  A super special quote for today too.  No way do I want to try the vegducken!  Sorry!  

To @aliaschief's DW a happy belated birthday!  @Cruzin Terrisafe travels and prayers for great results on the blood work and the lump removal.  Thanks go to Rich @richwmnfor the excellent Daily.  Much appreciation to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers for all concerned.  Roy, could you update my niece's DH on the list for his chemo which starts tomorrow?  The surgery was a month ago and he is healed enough to begin the chemo, which his doctor warned the second week would be rough.  I'm sure he is dreading that.  Meanwhile the news out of Florida for DSIL's Mom is still not good.  They took her to a 3rd hospital for an angiogram and then returned her to the 2nd hospital ICU.  They are sure she has PRES now (posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome - worse end of the spectrum unfortunately) caused by her high blood pressure.  It all started with headaches.  They are going to break up a clot in her leg, feed her with a tube, and do another MRI today.  She is unresponsive.  DSIL's sister was supposed to fly home Sunday but changed her plans due to the critical condition their Mom is in.  She is at the top of my prayer list.  But the rest of the Care list is certainly included.  Thanks to all for your prayers.🙏  Cheers to all our Celebration list people.  I hope everyone enjoys their cruises, family visits, and good medical reports.

And last of all we have not stopped at Motril (Granada), Spain.  The last time we had that port was April 3, 2021.  I would love to revisit your photos if you have any to share.  

Have a wonderful day!

• Like 27
  • Thanks 5

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

I remember collecting cans with my Dad and brother throughout the year. We would take them to the recycling center, collect the change and put it in a jar. When we went to WDW my brother and I would split what was in the jar and that was our spending money. Just like a smile, a compliment can brighten someone's day. A belly laugh is good for the soul.

The Emerson quote is awesome. I would try the meal if someone put it in front of me.

It is 34 and sunny here in the NW Georgia mountains. It's supposed to get up to 52.

The shower wall should be completed today. This has been a long process, but I know it will be great.

@rafinmd Roy, Lucy and DD can b removed from the care list. They are home until Thursday because that's when they can return to work, (DD is a teacher), and daycare, but they are both feeling well and tested negative this morning. Thank you, again, for all of your prayers and positive thoughts. Here's a picture I received a few minutes ago...51152.thumb.jpeg.8dbf3af97319585a7685e0ef1734b635.jpeg

I feel for those having to cancel cruises. Praying you will all be able to book a replacement cruise when circumstances allow.

For those traveling enjoy, but please be safe.

@Cruzin Terri Terri I am glad to hear you are feeling better today. Safe travels to Jacksonville. Praying for good results of your blood work and biopsy.

Take care and have a marvelous Monday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 33

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Good morning from 28 F Florida. We had a quiet day yesterday celebrating DW’s birthday and had a nice South Beach dinner with no wine!☹️

I have an annual medical checkup today so I did the laundry yesterday. Neighbor has recovered nicely from his very mild symptoms of Covid. In fact he was out raking up some leaves during his quarantine. The main issue for us these days is not the physical effects of catching it but more the complications and trials if you have to quarantine.

We have been to Granada, awaiting to read about the meal and a great quote that are worlds to live by.

Thanks Rich and Roy and to all who make the Daily a daily part of our life’s.

Happy belated birthday for your DW.

Screenshot_20211028_164408.jpg

• Like 17

Good morning!  Beer in cans - only at a football game and it is the only time I usually drink beer.  The Lambrusco based wine sounds like a migraine, the Vegducken actually looks better than I had imagined.    It would be better filled with bacon and sausage.   I love butternut sqaush.  The coconut rum drink makes me think of a beach and another one I am saving for the bartender on the cruise.   

Good news on my stray cat front.   She scared me yesterday by being absent all day until evening after we had a huge snow dump.   Her tracks showed she was here in the morning.  She was crying at the window this morning so I got up and let in in the garage.  Someone contacted me through FB lost and found pets and wants her if she gets along with her dog and cat.    They are taking her today and keeping them separate.   🙏Praying she passes the feline leukemia test and is not preggers.   She is such a sweet cat and has settled into garage life extremely well.  If this works then all I have to lose sleep over are my birds.   I have them on a diet so they try to find feeders elsewhere while we are gone for almost 5 weeks.  My neighbor is going to come once a day and throw a few pounds of feed all over the yard so everyone has a shot to get a few mouths full.   It is snowing hard here so my black oil feeder is very popular.  

The football weekend was wonderful!   My two teams lost on Saturday but won on Sunday.   Looks like we will have a good Superbowl for our first day on the NS. 

Prayers for everyone on the care list, Bill & Mary Anne off the NS for a while, and protection for everyone else.   🙏

Hungries 12422.JPG

Sqirrel Cardinal 12422.JPG

• Like 37

4 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

the Vegducken actually looks better than I had imagined.    It would be better filled with bacon and sausage.   

Make it and let us know how it turned out.  I think it is a great idea.  

• Like 21
  • Haha 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Woke up to a light dusting of snow.  The sun should melt it away.  While @dfish recipe pictures look nice I’ll pass on the meal suggestion.  We will leftover chicken broccoli ziti with a salad.

I hope that everyone has a good Monday and stays warm.

image.thumb.png.79934841f6c4762b7022cf393a390e13.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's cold so I'm getting a sluggish start to the day.  It was 29F but I'm stunned to see my Florida friends with equal or lower temperatures than we are!  The iguanas must be falling out of the trees! 🦎 Hoping for warmer temperatures for all of us.

What a nice group of days for us to celebrate.  Cans are important to the beer companies.  DH says Anheuser-Busch had their own beer can company in some locations.  Otherwise they bought them from companies like Ball Metal.  He prefers his beer draft or in a bottle though.  I love the compliment and belly laugh days being on the same day.  A real feel-good day for sure.  A super special quote for today too.  No way do I want to try the vegducken!  Sorry!  

To @aliaschief's DW a happy belated birthday!  @Cruzin Terrisafe travels and prayers for great results on the blood work and the lump removal.  Thanks go to Rich @richwmnfor the excellent Daily.  Much appreciation to Roy @rafinmdfor the Care and Celebration lists.  Prayers for all concerned.  Roy, could you update my niece's DH on the list for his chemo which starts tomorrow?  The surgery was a month ago and he is healed enough to begin the chemo, which his doctor warned the second week would be rough.  I'm sure he is dreading that.  Meanwhile the news out of Florida for DSIL's Mom is still not good.  They took her to a 3rd hospital for an angiogram and then returned her to the 2nd hospital ICU.  They are sure she has PRES now (posterior reversible encephalopathy syndrome - worse end of the spectrum unfortunately) caused by her high blood pressure.  It all started with headaches.  They are going to break up a clot in her leg, feed her with a tube, and do another MRI today.  She is unresponsive.  DSIL's sister was supposed to fly home Sunday but changed her plans due to the critical condition their Mom is in.  She is at the top of my prayer list.  But the rest of the Care list is certainly included.  Thanks to all for your prayers.🙏  Cheers to all our Celebration list people.  I hope everyone enjoys their cruises, family visits, and good medical reports.

And last of all we have not stopped at Motril (Granada), Spain.  The last time we had that port was April 3, 2021.  I would love to revisit your photos if you have any to share.  

Have a wonderful day!

I am so sorry to gear of DSIL's mom's  terrible situation. Prayers for them all and your family.

Also  @Cruzin Terri,safe travels and hope the procedure and blood work go well.

Sorry, @bennybear,the multi quote is not working today for me!

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

DW, Colonel, my Sue,  says thanks for the birthday wishes. As a Senior Director of a major corporation she doesn’t have much time to post but is always active on our long cruises Roll Calls. She is my private Excursion Officer and does plan and schedule great private tours.

She is finally going to retire this April and we are booked for lots of travel adventures.

Again, thank you.

Bruce

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 25

Good morning all!

Another foggy morning.  Yesterday the fog never lifted, and the moisture added to the coldness.  Today supposedly will be sunny so I have plans to sit 'round the fire pit with my gal pals in the neighborhood.  We may even have some wine to celebrate my birthday today.  Then a nice take-out dinner tonight and family dinner tomorrow when we can celebrate my and DD's birthday which is Thursday. 

I don't like beer out of a can, prefer Guinness in a bottle.  A compliment can make a person's day or longer, and belly laughs are the very best kind.  Great quote, will pass on the wine, drink and meal. Looking to photos of the port, as we've never been to this one.

@kazucontinued prayers for you and Jose.  

@StLouisCruisersI'm so sorry to hear that your DSIL's Mom's condition is so dire.  Prayers for the family.

@Cruzin Terriprayers that your blood work and biopsy all have good results.

@ottahand7again, I think you're wonderful for working so hard to find a home for the stray kitty.  I hope this new home will be a great fur-ever home for her.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ger_77 said:

I think you can take our DGS off the care list, as his cough is nearly gone; he's going back to school today, as he's reported a negative test this morning.

That is really good news !  So happy to hear it !

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

My stitches are coming out today. Yeah!! They are so itchy.

YIppee!

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

DH comes home today.  Yippee!  I straightened up the house yesterday, and found the last of Christmas decorations, and they will finally get put away this morning. 

That is really good news !

1 hour ago, JAM37 said:

Roy, Lucy and DD can b removed from the care list. They are home until Thursday because that's when they can return to work, (DD is a teacher), and daycare, but they are both feeling well and tested negative this morning.

Really, really good to hear !

1 hour ago, ottahand7 said:

Someone contacted me through FB lost and found pets and wants her if she gets along with her dog and cat.    They are taking her today and keeping them separate.   🙏Praying she passes the feline leukemia test and is not preggers.   She is such a sweet cat and has settled into garage life extremely well. 

You have worked so hard to find this cat a home.  Bless you ♥️ I hope this home turns into her fur-ever home 🙏🏻 

@aliaschiefa very happy belated birthday to Sue @DWAliaschief

3D3950B2-58DE-4C7B-BC45-9887F13A92DD.jpeg.953fc5873a0eed99c40dd98153984309.jpeg

• Like 25

Good morning!

@aliaschief, huge congratulations for your DW’s upcoming retirement.  I hope she has a countdown going, I certainly did!

Hooray for celebrations and recoveries 🎉

Healing thoughts for those still struggling. 🤗

Thank you for all the inside- and outside-animal caregivers.  For us, cats inside, birds and squirrels outside.

I’m pouting today.  It’s the dreaded prep day for tomorrow’s :oscopy .  I’ll be much happier in 24 hours!

• Like 27

4 hours ago, mamaofami said:

Good morning everyone. I never liked the taste of beer but my mother used to rinse my hair with it after a shampoo. To this day, I’m not sure why.

Apparently, your mother isn't alone in the beer-hair-rinse thing. Here is a link: Beer for Hair: Treatment, Benefits, and More | Nutrafol

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1