Luggage Direct

Cruiz'nBaers

Does Celebrity Silhouette do Luggage Direct with Southwest Airlines from Port Everglades?  Our flight doesn’t leave until 6:30 PM, I dread spending the entire day at the airport.  Would love to hang out down by the beach, shop and have a nice lunch and a few cocktails without worrying about our luggage.  Thank you.

Check on various ship tours, but sounds as if you want to enjoy on your own. Not familiar with SW airlines, but you could taxi to the airport; check-in your luggage and then head out. Or if SW doesn’t have that option (check with them?), don’t know if FLL has the luggage check-in curbside still which would also work? 

Or rent a car? 

I’ve run my ideas. Den

I think the OP will be leaving the ship in the a.m. and doesn’t fly out until later in the day. Luggage Valet was a great service and I hope it comes back soon. Some airports have lockers you can rent to store your bags until you are able to check in. Otherwise you may be stuck with a ship excursion ending at the airport.

1 hour ago, Cruiz'nBaers said:

Does Celebrity Silhouette do Luggage Direct with Southwest Airlines from Port Everglades?  Our flight doesn’t leave until 6:30 PM, I dread spending the entire day at the airport.  Would love to hang out down by the beach, shop and have a nice lunch and a few cocktails without worrying about our luggage.  Thank you.

We always fly SWA and we have not been able to check our luggage until 3 hours before our flight at FLL.  We have done Luggage Valet while flying SWA and Delta and it was fantastic.  Not available at this time.

I would suggest booking an excursion through Celebrity and the bus will deliver you and your luggage to the terminal.  Check out the excursions... Or as mentioned, rent a car for the day.

Edited by keesar